British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robbobee

Leicester Lions V Belle Vue Aces 17 Jun 2017

You make a comment about a match you wouldn't go too ? Strange your interest in it?

Yes I was there, Doubtful I will go again, in my years of racing speedway and grass track I Never encountered a sun break, riders had dark lenses and got on with it. Big crowd yesterday with a big amount who won't return.

A lot of fans are interested in meetings they wouldn't go to and comment about them. Not strange at all.
  • Like 1

Only my 3rd visit to Leicester this year, but IMO much improved racing

Apparently the next time Belle Vue visit Leicester it is the same night as the GP challenge.

Cook and Fricke have qualified and it looks like Bjerre is reserve from his semifinal.

With a bit of luck Belle Vue may already have enough points to qualify for the top four by then so it might not matter anyway.

You see the play offs do have some advantages.

PLENTY of time to re-arrange if there is a will (unlikely!) to do so

You make a comment about a match you wouldn't go too ? Strange your interest in it?

Yes I was there, Doubtful I will go again, in my years of racing speedway and grass track I Never encountered a sun break, riders had dark lenses and got on with it. Big crowd yesterday with a big amount who won't return.

The only strange thing is your comment.

I commented on the result, not the match.

Don't you mean in all your years of WATCHING. :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by stevebrum

PLENTY of time to re-arrange if there is a will (unlikely!) to do so

Lions promotion should have the decency to allow the fixture to be rearranged, if necessary, they got our home meeting against Wolves moved for similar reasons.

Either way up the Aces would still probably win at a canter.

Lions promotion should have the decency to allow the fixture to be rearranged, if necessary, they got our home meeting against Wolves moved for similar reasons.

Either way up the Aces would still probably win at a canter.

Then you still have the problem with double up riders who's Championship teams would have preference for a rearranged match .

One has to wonder whether king was asked not to release the news of his absence until after the start time??????

So what happened to L.Bjerre's super new trapping engine? Did his big brother take it off him?

A team with both Garrity and Bjerre in it's main body is going to have problems. Never mind riding as a pairing.

They're both unpredictable in races and matches. So looks like one of them is going to have to go. And I think it's been made obvious as to which one.

Ayres could be at risk as well, not his fault but victim of the shortcomings of the 1-5.

I'm not surprised Leicester are a poor side - even after the changes they have made. I was surprised when some (quite a lot actually) said that the original Leicester line-up looked good. Anyway still between the Lions and Rebels for the wooden spoon

Bloody Hell not again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Grajzconek has ridden Leicester more times than Garrity this season.

And your complaining! I know who I would prefer to watch🙃

Only my 3rd visit to Leicester this year, but IMO much improved racing

If that was good racing I dread to think what its usually like, the changes seem to have made little difference. Last night track was very patchy to start with which led to some passing at the start mainly due to rider mistakes locking up, there was one excellent move from Grajczonek to go from 3rd to 1st in 1 go in heat 3. After the sun delay the racing was terrible, all from the gate with except of heat 9 I think when Bewley passed Bjerre end of the first lap.

Edited by Rob B

Jim Lynch quoted as saying that "there is no doubt BV have a good team"...

Which aint bad considering we only had three riders there...☺

Edited by mikebv

Like the general set up at Leicester, imo one of the more friendly venues I've been to in the UK. My 2nd visit. Fair play to them trying to make changes to the track, still seems really difficult to pass on. Two examples that I recall were Nilsson behind Morris (ht 13?) & Bates behind Sedgeman. Both seemed to be carrying far more speed but just one inner line & couldn't get by. Think Grajczonek may think the same

Will be back for the B fixture, the makeup of the Aces team I'll be supporting that night is anyone's guess. Hopefully an Aces win & Cookie qualified for GP 2018.

Going to this match with the boring one hour long 'sun break' delay almost put me off going to Peterborough today but in the end I decided to go and thank goodness I did because it renewed my flagging interest in Speedway. What brilliant racing it always is at the Showground, plus good presentation and great music. Really enjoyed it and the match was all done and dusted within just one and a half hours, which included watering and track grading. This was followed by several heats of 'junior' racing and that's how it should be. A 15 heat match that doesn't take over 3 hours to complete and a second half with the youngsters. I just wish Peterborough was a bit nearer.

• Like 2