British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fred5

Rebels V Stars Fri 16th June

Nothing to shout about, it was basement club Somerset

Any away win is something to shout about from a mediocre club like Lynn.Is it not

With our 2 reseves I would of been around a draw.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Nothing to shout about, it was basement club Somerset

C'mon Danny, credit where credit is due. That was a good performance. Only the fourth 4 point away win of the season in the whole league.

Now up to second in the league. Not saying everything is perfect but it's not as bad as some have made out.

Plus Leicester are bottom ;-)

Edited by Speedball

The Rebels have 2 guests on Fri for for Paddy and Heeps and RR for Wrighty. Not the managements fault, but what a joke our wonderful sport of speedway has become.

'Course it is. Management signed them. You will have several blank weeks. Just make sure you have them when your double uppers are riding.

Big well done to the Stars 4 big league points - but let's not get too carried away we still are not the finnished article we need a competitive no 7 and replacement for Porsing. That said an away win is very important but we are just as likely to lose at home to Belle Vue next Wednesday.

Big well done to the Stars 4 big league points - but let's not get too carried away we still are not the finnished article we need a competitive no 7 and replacement for Porsing. That said an away win is very important but we are just as likely to lose at home to Belle Vue next Wednesday.

No agree.Not to get carried away.I think we need to be more ruthless.But as said Lynn Wolves would of been very close if we had Huck and Simon.I'm the first to admit Lynn need to make changes but some comments after the Wolves match was a tad ott for me

It's a fair point you make, you might be right, though I was thinking the same about when Lynn come to Belle Vue the following Wednesday. Deservedly won up here last season, Stars will be a tough nut for us to crack this season too.

Well! I got that very wrong. I thought they would struggle to get 36 points - and they did. But that was by heat 11. Oops.

Cue Celebratory Fireworks. Well Done the Stars .

But and there is a but, it highlights why there was so much dismay at the home performance on Weds where the Stars riders failed the challenge V Wolves. Yes a much better team of opponents to tackle but much less oomph on track. Was that the track itself?

The important thing is to put on a good "fighting" show at home and when you lose it needs to look as if you were seriously having a real go. It is what you offer the supporters at home which determines the size of the crowd. Excellent away win but next Weds V BV and the style of victory ( or defeat ) will also be vital.

Good win for the Stars.I was wrong,but at least I put a prediction up ;-)

Chris Holder is coming to the party a bit more now.Batch did good and Huck was great.

I was gutted at the Wolves result but didn't slag the team off as our good reserves where missing.

Be interesting to see what the disgruntled fans from the wolves match think.

Probably I was one of those you were referring too as disgruntled fans, and I take nothing back of what I posted... Yes, the Stars done really well last night to win 4 pts away, but if we had contemplated going there without Huckenbeck then the result would have been the same as the Wolves match... It wasn't the fact we lost last Wednesday, but it was the way we lost. It was unfortunate 2 riders had bad injuries, but it was the lost of Huckenbeck that tipped the scaled. I still believe teams made up of 3 guests or R/R is of a contempt to the fans...and shouldn't be allowed. Matches like that should be re-arranged....

I still wait with baited breath, what the management are going to do covering our weaknesses. Any team with ideas of success should have riders lined up to cover these absenteeism of form and injury. Last night we got out of jail with Huckenbeck riding at reserve. We won't have them luxuries when these long awaited new figures come out....

Yes last night we did well. Holder, Batch, Lambert and Huckenbeck all came to the party and showed what we are capable of. But we will need more than FEW GOOD MEN to beat Belle Vue next week..... :party: ...............( You can't handle the truth: Brilliant film)

Wolves are a very very strong team now and can't see anyone beating them over two legs as teams stand.

Good win last night, but Wednesday against the Aces will be another tough test and we'll see if our early season poor form has been put to bed.

A deserved win for the Stars last night. Slightly confused as to why Kurtz was excluded for the first bend incident with Holder when it appeared from my position that Kurtz's footrest got caught in Holder's front wheel. Although it was Holder that took a tumble, surely a case of 'first bend bunching?'

Kings Lynn certainly turned up to race hard. Their top 4 eventually proving too strong for the depleted Rebels outfit. Holder looked sharp, Lambert very fast, especially in his opening races before he faded. I haven't seen that much of Lambert, only at the OTA where he always looks impressive, but my one observation is that he seems to have the English 'disease' of being a poor gater. Hopefully this will improve over time as I recognise he is still a teenager and has great potential.

Batchelor appears to have regained his enthusiasm and looked excellent when in front. He still lacks the 'killer instinct " that the high class riders possess though. As soon as a rider gets near him pr there's a slightly risky pass to execute (and there were a few of them for him as he was very quick) the tell tale left foot reaches for the shale as a reassurance.

Huckenbeck was simply the match winner for the Stars. He attacked the track from the off and seemed to get faster as the night progressed.

The Rebels seemed a little 'down trodden' last night. Josh got filled in during heat one, Jake Allen was distinctly off colour and rider replacement offered a poor substitute for Charles Wright. Cameron Heeps was sorely missed at reserve and it was noticeable how poor Robert Branford looked. He appears to have gone backwards this season if last night's performance was anything to go by.

The racing last night was surprisingly processional until the second half of the meeting. Graczjonek' s superb pass of Holder was breathtaking. Kurt'z's wheel to wheel battle with Batchelor for all four laps, top class, and Richard Lawson's general riding throughout was imperious.

Another decent crowd at the OTA and pleasing that the crowds are returning each week despite their poor home record. I still believe a full strength Rebels team will take some beating around their home track

Just an observation on a rider who featured in the second half of the meeting for Kent Kings. I know a few Swindon fans have commented on him previously, but young Anders Rowe at 15 years old looks a brilliant prospect. Dare I say it, but the young lad has an "arm chair' racing style, so similar to a certain..... no I won't say it......;)

• Like 6

What a terrific, very readable review of the meeting THANK YOU EnglishRoundabout. For those not able to be there it was perceptive, balanced and insightful.

From what I hear, their averages will be assessed, crazy or what.

yes it is crazy.

Especially as in the Championship this part of the regulation has consistently NOT be applied.

To do so now for the Premiership would show the usual apathy for integrity and transparecny so expect it to happen 😣

Kerr's scores so far have been a little disappointing considering his form in the Championship and for Poole earlier in the season.

• Like 1

Kerr's scores so far have been a little disappointing considering his form in the Championship and for Poole earlier in the season.

Agree he's been very average so far around the OTA albeit I think he's only had 3-4 meetings.

Poor meeting last night by the very high OTA standards . KL really didn't have to do much to win - Lawson apart (he was excellent again ) all the Rebels were below par.

I said we should have signed Huckenbeck the season before he signed for KL! Sign the boy up next season he loves the track.