British Speedway Forum
Panthers89

Peterborough Panthers Vs Sheffield Tigers Sgbc 18/06/17

Maybe have a play off system that all teams are involved in?

You mean like a league championship?

Sounds perfect.

• Like 2

We are simply not good enough when it matters.

Team building- Jobs for the boys. Same issues year after year.

i think peterborough,s issues are signing riders that have HAD a good season or a good showing at peterborough . hansen is one brilliant at worky but not too great away . the showground guest,fours and other showings were good . but we at worky knew what was to come .. but marrowbone didnt give him enough time .

harris is overhyped and a couple of riders seem to have the same dna as fatha ged !

holder is sensational at times and is a godsend .

starke had a good season the previous year with sommmmerrsex .

teams need people who can improve their average,s

but ged sees things in a different way .

on paper , great side , but just not doing it for the fans .

it happens every where you look . redcar springs to mind . team is top wonga . but signing 2/3 of the nhs,s best patients is not going to work .

do i feel sorry for ged/peterborough ..NO but sorry for the fans who are paying good cash to watch has beens and famoly members ..

Its not good that half way though June and at this stage of the season its clear these are the top four in the league and the rest after the cut off have only the cup or nothing to ride for, the paying public will turn there attention elsewhere and could feel sod this im not returning again british speedway is in such a state now that you have to fear for its future.

So what would you prefer??

Peterborough are 8th ...........and yes it looks a tall order to get top 4..........but its achieveable.

If there were no play offs you are so far off being top of the table your season would have been over last month!

Always amazes me those posts saying the season is over..............the old style was first or nowhere.........at least this way you have something to fight for.

The play offs and teams being out of contention is certainly not killing speedway and attendances.

So what you are saying is that in a league where top of the league is the champion the crowds would fill the stadium more even though you cant top the league......then they are doing right now when you still have a small play off chance?? Sorry thats rubbish

I guess there is 20 matches to go..u never know we could do a Coventry!(from a few years ago).

I guess there is 20 matches to go..u never know we could do a Coventry!(from a few years ago).

Correct

You can still get top 4.

You cant top the table

Surely this way your season is alive longer

Never understand some peoples thought process

Correct

You can still get top 4.

You cant top the table

Surely this way your season is alive longer

Never understand some peoples thought process

That's because you haven't been a Panthers fan for the last decade. We hear that every year when it's gone pear shaped and the only realistic hope is that the calculator will still give the answer you need for the press release. Does that clarify the thought process?

• Like 1

That's because you haven't been a Panthers fan for the last decade. We hear that every year when it's gone pear shaped and the only realistic hope is that the calculator will still give the answer you need for the press release. Does that clarify the thought process?

Nope

Scoobydoo wrote that the season is over because he feels you will not get in the play offs and that reason is why crowds are down

My argument is that in the old style 'top of the league wins the league' you wouldnt be able to catch Glasgow.

At least this way you have an outside chance of catching Sheffield so why would you lose more fans with this method then the old method?

Why could they not catch the Weegies??

Any team can still win it.

There are 2 x homes and 2 x aways remember.

i think peterborough,s issues are signing riders that have HAD a good season or a good showing at peterborough . hansen is one brilliant at worky but not too great away . the showground guest,fours and other showings were good . but we at worky knew what was to come .. but marrowbone didnt give him enough time .

harris is overhyped and a couple of riders seem to have the same dna as fatha ged !

holder is sensational at times and is a godsend .

starke had a good season the previous year with sommmmerrsex .

teams need people who can improve their average,s

but ged sees things in a different way .

on paper , great side , but just not doing it for the fans .

it happens every where you look . redcar springs to mind . team is top wonga . but signing 2/3 of the nhs,s best patients is not going to work .

do i feel sorry for ged/peterborough ..NO but sorry for the fans who are paying good cash to watch has beens and famoly members ..

Nice of you to be sympathetic towards Panthers fans but we don't want or need your sympathy thank you . Save it for your own team.

Nice of you to be sympathetic towards Panthers fans but we don't want or need your sympathy thank you . Save it for your own team.

ok , i wont give you any sympathy at all .

i will revert to my usual forum standards , but dont come crying when it all goes pete tong !

i will revert to my usual forum standards , but dont come crying when it all goes pete tong !

When ? According to alot of Pussycat fans it already has 🤣

Nope

Scoobydoo wrote that the season is over because he feels you will not get in the play offs and that reason is why crowds are down

My argument is that in the old style 'top of the league wins the league' you wouldnt be able to catch Glasgow.

At least this way you have an outside chance of catching Sheffield so why would you lose more fans with this method then the old method?

Think he said why crowds might be down in future which is due to lack of interest, more entertainment options and an already declining fan base. Panthers crowds have been fairly healthy this year but the calculator is out earlier this year was the point. Yes they have, at the moment, an outside chance of making the play-offs: good luck with selling that one until the cut offs. Yes 4 prizes and better than one but people are not stupid and the reality will be part of their thought process and times have changed from the old method days.

As Bratley once said "I will never forget that the 2006 Grand Final, arguably the greatest modern day meeting ever, watched live by over 6000 people and by thousands more at home, was followed by a Craven Shield fixture attended by less than 700 people. If that Grand Final won’t pull people in, then what will?!?!"

I didn't realise that the answer was the prospect of making 4th.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

You have standards that does surprise me , it really doesn't bother us we are used to your boring tedious 5hit