British Speedway Forum
Panthers89

Peterborough Panthers Vs Sheffield Tigers Sgbc 18/06/17

Its not good that half way though June and at this stage of the season its clear these are the top four in the league and the rest after the cut off have only the cup or nothing to ride for, the paying public will turn there attention elsewhere and could feel sod this im not returning again british speedway is in such a state now that you have to fear for its future.

So what did teams/clubs do before the play-off's were introduced?

Edited by Siggytastic
  • Like 3

Exactly.

Sounds like it's only all about winning the title rather than the entertainment.

Same situation would apply if there were no play-offs.

• Like 4

And would he be saying the same thing if the panthers were sitting pretty near or at the top???

Same old people trolling on the same old threads week after week. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bit ironic since the biggest troll is a panthers fan👍

Personally I'd rather discuss speedway than just go on a pis5take and I actually thought that is what this website was all about . But I suppose you have to make allowances for shear childish stupidity from some people as they actually know no better.

Could not agree more :t:

• Like 1

Never known a bunch of fans from one club (not all) to get their knickers in a twist so often at so little

What is in the water at Peterborough? Or are the vast majority of the fans who post on here teenage girls who take everything to heart?

• Like 1

Actually gavan I think they are the complete opposite, grumpy old pensioners

Continuous childish attempts to blatantly wind people up does get a bit boring tbh ....

• Like 1

Interesting analysis of where it went wrong for the panthers, it appears three main issues

- one rider had mechanical issues which took a while to sort out - ok it can happen to anyone, but it does amaze me that a rider finishes one meeting with bike ok, then at start of next meeting it isn't ok - what has happened in between? - I can only assume rider/mechanic tampers/messes about with something which causes problem!

some riders had the wrong bike set-up - again understandable when you are visiting a track you haven't been to for a while - Oh hold on I forgot Panthers were at home, guess it was the unusual hot weather, but it still would be the same for everyone so level playing field!

and finally the real killer a number of riders weren't on it due to having the "wrong mindset" Sorry totally unacceptable, if I were a panthers fan who had just watch team lose at home and heard that I would be expecting backsides kicked big time! We all pay our money and whilst mechanical issues happen or riders can mess about and get set ups wrong, you should always expect 100% effort and riders to be pulling together for the team. I applaud them for their honesty, but what is going on behind the scenes???

Anyway look on the bright side, at least you will have a top quality number 1 on Friday !

• Like 4

Enjoy your day Steve 55, i'm sure you wont be disappointed whatever the result . Lucking forward to a great day of racing by 2 teams of racers on a proper racers track.

Thanks I really did enjoy yesterday evening and taking the 3 points was a bonus. Was a little disappointed with Harris' performance, apart from his TR in heat 6 but it was good racing between him and Kyle Howarth. Again he was brilliant in 10 when he did a great pass on Bates and Bjerre in one swoop. Think he might keep a few fans coming through the door!

Got really tight up to heat 13 when I thought we were about to capitulate just like last Sunday at Scunny, but two fantastic rides from Josh Bates got us past the winning line.

Showground is a great venue, but on a hot day you really need more than one person behind the bar, queuing for 15 minutes to get a drink wasn't good for either customers nor business. Fortunately that was before the start of the meeting, so we didn't miss any of the racing which was in the main good stuff.

Jack Holder, what a rider, bet there's a few teams wishing they'd signed him this year. However when it counted Josh G did the business, with a little help from young Master Bates!

• Like 1

What I meant was that the interest in meetings later in the season needs to be kept alive for more than just some teams and for the paying public, yes they want entertainment they want to see there team win but if theres no meetings at all there interest goes elsewhere sorry for posting something that others may want to discuss, thought that was what the forum was for.

Same old people trolling on the same old threads week after week. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

same old peterborough problems and the same old peterborough fans moaning about their team and how under performing it is .

it is what it is ..

same old peterborough problems and the same old peterborough fans moaning about their team and how under performing it is .

it is what it is ..

Same old? Don't know most or where they came from - most of the same old are nowhere to be seen these days. These are a new breed of second tier moaners ;)

The hardcore would turn up on the whole to keep the wheels ticking over but there are less of them nowdays, speedway isn't attracting new fans to replace those hardcore who no longer attend for whatever reason and people have many more options to spend there pennies on these days. With an "it was ok in the good old days" philosophy, the decline will continue until we're all NL.

The hardcore would turn up on the whole to keep the wheels ticking over but there are less of them nowdays, speedway isn't attracting new fans to replace those hardcore who no longer attend for whatever reason and people have many more options to spend there pennies on these days. With an "it was ok in the good old days" philosophy, the decline will continue until we're all NL.

This is what I was saying if the interest in attending meaningful matches diminishes to other ways of spending your money then the paying public declines and then eventually tracks will disappear.

So what's the way around it? Maybe changing the scoring system so it stays closer for longer? Maybe have a competition for those teams that don't make the play offs? Maybe have a play off system that all teams are involved in?

• Like 1

This is what I was saying if the interest in attending meaningful matches diminishes to other ways of spending your money then the paying public declines and then eventually tracks will disappear.

I know. I understood what you were saying, just thought that I'd help matey out :wink: