British Speedway Forum
jackofdiamonds

Newcastle V Glasgow Championship 18 June 2017

So you were EXACTLY wrong.

Oh dear.

But EXACTLY right when I wrote it.

But you must be disappointed with the result?

Would probably have lost if Super Stevie had been riding.

• Like 1

We need riders who will do it when needed and not when it's too late to matter. I have great admiration for Ludde but he has been shocking this evening.

There is, however, probably no point in making changes now as the playoff ship may well have sailed..,and it's only the middle of June.

All together: "Stevie Worrall, he rides when he likes"

Stupid comment. He is injured. Didn't ride for Belle Vue either last night.

Season is over, ill thought out team at the start. Pairing Coles with Phillips who was out of his depth last year was a massive gamble that has backfired. The dreadful form of Lindgren has hardly helped. Rose started well but has tailed off due mainly to awful gating. Morris has done his job as have the top 2; Lambert has been magnificent of late and is the only real plus this season.

Promotion will have to make some bold decisions to rescue anything from this year. Signing Greenwood was pointless, at least one if not two of the top 5 would have to go but I doubt the riders are there that would make a real difference. Feels like a countdown to next season already.

Edited by NJC71

Plain to see where it was lost tonight,Without one of the top we have little hope changes MUST be made now .

But EXACTLY right when I wrote it.

But you must be disappointed with the result?

Would probably have lost if Super Stevie had been riding.

How can we be disappointed with any away win don't understand your logic.

But agree with you Newcastle would have won if Steve had been riding , but as someone pointed out in another thread it is being in the right place at the right time and the luck that goes with that.

He's great off the track and all that crap!!! People want to wake up and smell the coffee. On a plus note Lambert is a class act.

How can we be disappointed with any away win don't understand your logic.

But agree with you Newcastle would have won if Steve had been riding , but as someone pointed out in another thread it is being in the right place at the right time and the luck that goes with that.

Completely agree with that bit.

There is a lot of luck of both sorts around and if you get more of the right kind you do well.

But against a one man team like Newcy that should have been a 4 pointer.

• Like 1

Completely agree with that bit.

There is a lot of luck of both sorts around and if you get more of the right kind you do well.

But against a one man team like Newcy that should have been a 4 pointer.

Possibly but you cannot underestimate or dis-respect any team , i would have bitten your hand off before the meeting for that result so from that respect i am delighted with any win.

Glad I didn't go now, gutted but would have been Devastated to actually see us drop a point in the circumstances. Leaves us trailing in second by a massive five points with only four meetings in hand to the mighty monarchs. Where did it all go wrong????

• Like 3

Stupid comment. He is injured. Didn't ride for Belle Vue either last night.

Season is over, ill thought out team at the start. Pairing Coles with Phillips who was out of his depth last year was a massive gamble that has backfired. The dreadful form of Lindgren has hardly helped. Rose started well but has tailed off due mainly to awful gating. Morris has done his job as have the top 2; Lambert has been magnificent of late and is the only real plus this season.

Promotion will have to make some bold decisions to rescue anything from this year. Signing Greenwood was pointless, at least one if not two of the top 5 would have to go but I doubt the riders are there that would make a real difference. Feels like a countdown to next season already.

Maybe the promotion thought they were building to a 42 point limit after the averages changed (4h, 4a). I think this was in the rulebook before being changed to 40 points at the start of the season.

They could then have decided to keep one of the reserves and get someone better in for the other reserve.

With it being as low as 40 it doesn't leave much scope for the teams at the bottom to strengthen up. :cheers:

I have great admiration for Ludde but he has been shocking this evening.

If you thought he was shocking tonight, you should of seen him at Berwick and Redcar

Shocking performance tonight granted the no Steve is an excuse, but apart from Robert who was sensational and pass for greenwood winning heat 2 on his debut Diamonds were shocking. Even worse 7 against 1 we lost by 4 so didn't need excellent performances just needed to be average. Be honest Glasgow weren't as good as Scunthorpe, Sheffield and Edinburgh were all better, but against a tougher team with Steve scoring useful points. However Glasgow took advantage so well done to them important league points. Also ask if Rose and Lindgren but that effort in 14 and 15 all meeting instead of when it doesn't count just to make score look good. Plus whatever side people are on with Ludvig or is off track work doesn't matter he been a disgrace this season in my opinion. Personally sick of hearing about bike problems and poor on track get it sorted or get somebody else who will.

• Like 1

Even without Steve we should have had enough to scrape the win, but when 3 riders in a 6-man lineup are not doing their job properly then we are there for the taking on our own shale.

Big and immediate improvements needed from Lindgren, Rose and Hopwood.

• Like 1

My god so glad i didnt go how bad is lindgren george you must go as wel

So I take it with your George must go comments, you no longer want speedway on Tyneside, George has openly admitted if there was a better option as team manager he'd gladly step aside and concentrate on running the club, bottom line there isn't end of!!!! I'm pretty sure you weren't slagging him off when we were winning the league and cups not so many years ago, altho come to think about it you and certain others probably were, if you can do better go and have a chat with him, and as for terrace grumblers comments about Steve Worrall ffs get a life will you.

• Like 2

Away wins are never easy no matter the opposition, the way I see it three points is a great result and the fourth point is an absolute bonus. Little wonder Glasgow couldn't get that extra point with Robert piling up a six ride max.

• Like 2