Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Mildenhall V I O W Sunday 18th June

Ben Morley guests for I O W at no 1 in this sunny afternoon meeting...

Fan support is very good at Mildenhall ,but the state of the track is far from satisfactory on a regular basis and needs sorting by the management,,before support drops ,,or there is a serious accident.....

• Like 1

Mildenhall website still showing Kent next week, most other places are showing the yanks are coming. I usually believe a clubs website over others, but this is Speedway, so I'll wait until it gets confirmed on here.

Fan support is very good at Mildenhall ,but the state of the track is far from satisfactory on a regular basis and needs sorting by the management,,before support drops ,,or there is a serious accident.....

There was. Danny Phillips, which involved the Air Ambulance landing on the track and airlifting Danny to Addenbrooks!

next week at mildenhall we have FEN TIGERS v USA TEAM v YOUNG LIONS v NORWICH STARS....

this week some huge problem near Bury st edmunds with electrical mains malfunction at approx 1000am....power was promised back by 1200hrs...then 2.00pm...THAT is when we made a decision to cancel teh meeting to save people hanging around in teh hot sun...we had no power at all ...later they promised us power by 4.30pm....then 9.00pm.....its now 9.38pm..and power is promised by 0100am Monday........what a crock of **** they tell you !!!

• Like 1

Kevin Jolly was hardly complimentary in his meeting preview...

About what?

Well done to everybody at Mildenhall for not trying to pull the wool over our eyes, and coming into the car park to advise us of the on going situation.

I know it was much appreciated by those of us waiting, and the kind gesture of Kevin Jolly, Phil Kirk and the riders wandering amongst us, giving us all bottles of ice cold water, was something they needn't have done, but did. Utmost respect for the way the club handled this situation.

• Like 5

Thank you for your kind comments.....it was such a blow to have all those fans travel and not see a meeting.

Just to update everyone...POWER HAS BEEN RESTORED.......and the time....0930am Monday.......!!!!!!

Can Mildenhall sue for lost revenue ?????

About what?

He suggested it was a home win before the meeting even started. He's said worse before, I admit.

He suggested it was a home win before the meeting even started. He's said worse before, I admit.

"The Isle of Wight on Sunday should be a home win on paper but we have to show them respect as they have riders in their side that can do a job. We will be looking for another professional performance from the lads and three more league points”

Hardly 'eye watering' stuff surely ;) ??

Blimey. Clearly Kev isn't doing a good enough job of annoying people recently, so people have to pick up on the most ridiculous things instead. Comical really haha

• Like 1