British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Rye House V Coventry Bees Sunday 25th June 2017

There would of had to of been hundreds as very few Rye fans were to bothered

To be honest it's poor from Rye House, they've known this for a few weeks. It would've probably been at least a couple of hundred Bees fans to be honest.

To be honest it's poor from Rye House, they've known this for a few weeks. It would've probably been at least a couple of hundred Bees fans to be honest.

Heard Rye have to foot the bill and are missing there top two. Quite simply they didnt think they would entice enough fans to make it pay. Cant blame them for that

• Like 1

Can't say I blame them.

Why would Rye fans turn out to watch a meaningless challenge with their top riders missing against a team they have no affinity with?

And if as many Bees fans travel to Rye as travelled to Poole, they won't be packing the terraces with away fans.

Unfortunately, once the early season challenges were done, this was always going to happen.

I'm afraid the ship left port in March and we were left waving at the dockside.

• Like 1

Heard Rye have to foot the bill and are missing there top two. Quite simply they didnt think they would entice enough fans to make it pay. Cant blame them for that

I don't blame them for cancelling but it shouldve been much earlier, the issues that forced their hand were know a few weeks back. Fans have made an effort the last few weeks to help others get to Rye House.

Why would the Rye House promotion run a challenge meeting with two of the top 3 missing?

Would've probably made a loss on the night.

Disappointing for the few Coventry supporters that had planned to travel, but best to vent your anger at the people who killed your club.

• Like 1

Please, plan a replacement date.

You do realise dogs aren't allowed so no Lenny and probably no Fliss either. :wink:

You do realise dogs aren't allowed so no Lenny and probably no Fliss either. :wink:

There are always ways.

I've been to all the Bees fixtures this season and although we might be pushing water uphill, I'll go to all the others. Sadly, with this cancellation and the silly predicament at Leicester, we might not see anymore. Oh, I know it's a tough call and we may be looking at the death throws of a once famous club, but I ain't ready to throw in the towel just yet. There are people who have as much as millions of pounds "invested" in Brandon. I have (this latest period) 47 years of my life, man and boy, invested in this club. Before that, I went with my Dad as a nipper. Stadiums come and go (ask Belle Vue). But a club has life all it's own. The odds ain't good but they are not non existent.

• Like 1

You expect the Rye promoters to run a challenge meeting at a loss to please a couple of hundred Bees fans? Be realistic.

With doubling up/down/sideways it's always gonna be difficult to arrange mid season challenge meetings.

Gone are the days when massive crowds would turn up for these kind of events

Edited by Shads

You expect the Rye promoters to run a challenge meeting at a loss to please a couple of hundred Bees fans? Be realistic.

With doubling up/down/sideways it's always gonna be difficult to arrange mid season challenge meetings.

Gone are the days when massive crowds would turn up for these kind of events

No I don't blame them for calling it off but they've known the issue for the call off for a few weeks. Fans and the Save Cov Speedway group have worked hard in that time to get a team together and organise things so fans can attend. An earlier call off could've easily been done and saved these people the time and effort they've put in. Edited by woz01
  • Like 1