British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BFMDan

Hancock's Front Wheel - Brand?

What's the brand/maker of Hancock's front wheel?

I like the way the spokes hook to the rim itself; Rather than through the rim & held in place by traditional nipple ... It's more like a pinch-pin style.

Interesting.

HB

255 views . . . 0 input. :)

I'm over here in the states, so can't ask anyone nearer to the situation. Any of you folks have connections (if, for nothing more than simple proximity) that would allow you to inquire?

Many thanks,

HB

I know Talon were his wheel sponsor/supplier up until this season but not certain whether they still are? I imagine they are still and are very proactive in revolutionising there products

255 views . . . 0 input. :)

I'm over here in the states, so can't ask anyone nearer to the situation. Any of you folks have connections (if, for nothing more than simple proximity) that would allow you to inquire?

Many thanks,

HB

they are like Trials bike rims .they can be tubeless I don't know the brand , but I assume they are Speedway specials because speedway front wheels are an odd size ,

Think the question is why does he bother using them , he just came last by a long way , they offer no advantage whatsoever but we will see them more widespread in speedway in years to come because speedway riders are the most gullible people on the earth

• Like 2

Apologies up front - I didn't mean to come across too aggressively with my comment about "0 input".

Any way, here are a couple photos which kind of show Greg's rim style. I thought I knew all about rims, but now I'm embarrassed to admit that I've never (ever) seen a rim like this in my entire life. Guess I live a sheltered life - LOL.

59007fb615e94_o.jpg?1493215228

(sorry, don't know whom to credit for this photo . . . 'Gazeta Pomorska'?)

367613_img1_579c73e9d232e13c042f8c583f82

(credit in lower right of photo)

HB