British Speedway Forum

BT sport are doing a fine job, but come on, seriously is there nobody better to work with Kelvin than that guy they use now. Woeful commentator, shown again tonight, every race is a 'big race' every win is a 'big three points'.

Talking about Kyle Howarth being hurt in a crash... imagine being his family watching the BT Sport coverage tonight and now panicking perhaps.

Edited by TheReturn

BT sport are doing a fine job, but come on, seriously is there nobody better to work with Kelvin than that guy they use now. Woeful commentator, shown again tonight, every race is a 'big race' every win is a 'big three points'.

Talking about Kyle Howarth being hurt in a crash... imagine being his family watching the BT Sport coverage tonight and now panicking perhaps.

WE get it, you are not a big fan of Nigel. Fortunately the Head of BT Sport is.

• Like 3

Can you name one more?

And why "fortunately"?

Edited by Midland Red

Too many are very picky about the commentators. Its a very difficult job and those criticising probably would not do any better.

I find them ok, but not everyone will agree, thats ok.

• Like 2

I don't mind Pearson, a reasonable job under difficult circumstances.

A better meeting on TV tonight, if that was standard fare, the Sport would be in better shape.

So far, by my count:

Poole: 3 Passes in 3 Heats. (to clarify, 1 pass each heat)

Wolves: 14 Passes in 8 Heats.

Leicester: 14 Passes in 8 heats. Oddly the same as Wolves above but a far better spectacle tonight in my view.

As ever, my opinion of a pass, others may differ.

Too many are very picky about the commentators. Its a very difficult job and those criticising probably would not do any better.

I find them ok, but not everyone will agree, thats ok.

Why should those criticising be expected to do any better? They are unlikely to be professional commentators are they?

One can be a critic without having any expertise in that field e.g Barry Norman didn't have to make films to be a film critic.

• Like 1

Personally, I'm looking forward to the Swedish speedway on tomorrow, sorry, later today. For those who haven't sampled it, I can recommend the coverage and especially the informed commentary by (my mate) Dave Goddard. No shouty, shouty or endless cliches from him.

• Like 1

Why fortunately? Your mate is he?

Why fortunately?

I asked him that - and he hasn't been able to answer it

Edited by Midland Red

There was a couple of moments when I wished they had a extra camera last night, but not too bad. Understandably they're doing it on the cheap, as it's a cheap 2nd rate sport.

Why fortunately? Your mate is he?

YES he is but if you think I am stupid enough to let that colour my judgement you are sadly mistaken. As for naming more, that would be easy. Suffice to say that both Pearson and Tatum (also a mate) are highly rated in the TV industry. Just because a few on here seem to have personal agendas it won't change the opinions of those that matter and from my own experience of talking to people who watch speedway on TV that they are a great combo.

• Like 1

YES he is but if you think I am stupid enough to let that colour my judgement you are sadly mistaken. As for naming more, that would be easy. Suffice to say that both Pearson and Tatum (also a mate) are highly rated in the TV industry. Just because a few on here seem to have personal agendas it won't change the opinions of those that matter and from my own experience of talking to people who watch speedway on TV that they are a great combo.

If you enjoy inane drivel, constant mistakes and screaming and shouting then "Kelv" and "Nige" are the men for the job.

• Like 4

Last night, heat 13. Nick Morris rides between two Leicester riders to join his partner on a 5-1. Nigel Pearson yells: "Oh no!!!".

Slightly annoying if you are a Swindon fan.

If you enjoy inane drivel, constant mistakes and screaming and shouting then "Kelv" and "Nige" are the men for the job.

...the main reason I no longer watch any sport on TV. The constant drivel, over analysing and shouting that now appears to be the norm.

• Like 1

...the main reason I no longer watch any sport on TV. The constant drivel, over analysing and shouting that now appears to be the norm.

WHY not just press the mute button.