Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robbie B

Swc Game 2017

Am I the only one not to extend this thread and obey the rules by editing my original post?

Oh bugger, I broken the rules by asking!

• Like 1

Latvia Lebedevs and Bogdanovs

Russia Sayfutdinov and Tarasenko

Australia Doyle and Holder

USA Wells and Manzares

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

Not a lot of variety between the teams for the Race Off. Because The competition really needed both Greg Hancock and Artem Laguta racing so rider had more choice.

So in next years competition 2018 players will be picking 1 rider only per team, and with one of them scoring double points to bring spice and some more variations between the players teams.

Edited by Robbie B
  • Like 1

Not a lot of variety between the teams for the Race Off. Because The competition really needed both Greg Hancock and Artem Laguta racing so rider had more choice.

So in next years competition 2018 players will be picking 1 rider only per team, and with one of them scoring double points to bring spice and some more variations between the players teams.

I did notice. I even picked Troy rather than Holder to try spice things up. I'm now hoping for a Holder meltdown and Troy to think he's back at that Danish GP he scored 20 in. Sadly when it come to the others there wasn't anything I could do.

I know why players are choosing the same riders in each team, and I don't blame them at all. But there's a lack of four quality riders in some teams and I'm open to ideas to help improve things if possible to make the game a bit more fun and harder to win.

Edited by Robbie B

I know why players are choosing the same riders in each team, and I don't blame them at all. But there's a lack of four quality riders in some teams and I'm open to ideas to help improve things if possible to make the game a bit more fun and harder to win.

I think this is an unusual round i.e. there are 2 riders from each team that nearly everyone will pick. The final already looks a bit less obvious in terms of who to choose. It is still "game on".

You could invoke the "choose before the competition starts" rule as they have with the championship itself. Then we would have to choose 2 riders from every team before event 1 and be stuck with our choices barring injuries

I know why players are choosing the same riders in each team.....

4 out of 13 haven't.

Edited by False dawn

If you include a " joker" into the comp- the forum will go into meltdown !!!!!

But my double points rule would be fair as a player would choose one rider per event. And everyone will have different ideas who might score the highest number of points in their team in that event. it would use the players skill and judgement to choose the correct rider from their team. It's only an idea at the moment.

Would players like a one double points rider in their team for each event, or not in 2018?

I think this is an unusual round i.e. there are 2 riders from each team that nearly everyone will pick. The final already looks a bit less obvious in terms of who to choose. It is still "game on".

You could invoke the "choose before the competition starts" rule as they have with the championship itself. Then we would have to choose 2 riders from every team before event 1 and be stuck with our choices barring injuries

4 out of 13 haven't.

I know it might just an odd round and that 4 of 13 have different riders, but a game can evolve with different ideas just to add a bit of spice to it.

Edited by Robbie B

I actually like that idea, it's a bit like a 'banker' when doing football predictions where you score double points for getting the result correct on that specific one.

I actually like that idea, it's a bit like a 'banker' when doing football predictions where you score double points for getting the result correct on that specific one.

I will take this as a yes vote for that idea.

I will remain impartial and won't vote. The players of the game will decide the final outcome.

If anyone else has an idea then please do post it.

4 out of 13 haven't.

Some players might moan is the replacement rider is weak because of an injury to their chosen rider. I know that it's hard to please everyone.

Edited by Robbie B

Race off picks

Australia - Holder and Doyle (Fricke if no Doyle)

Russia - Sayfutdinov and G Laguta

Latvia - Lebedevs and Bogdanovs

USA - Wells and Manzares

Thanks

The players of the game will decide the final outcome.

It's not clear from the above whether we are definitely only choosing one rider per team next year and then voting on the double points idea?

Can't say I like the joker idea. Looks like a mathematical device rather than real speedway.

There is a famous saying that says "Exceptions make bad laws/rules". Tonight's meeting is an exception. The basic idea of the game remains sound. It ain't broke.

Edited by False dawn

if you're with the game runs at present then I take you vote as staying with current formula.

Nothing has changed for the 2018 SWC game as everyone will be picking 2 riders per team, at present. The final decision will announced at the end of the competition.

As I have asked if anyone has ideas of improving the game I do welcome them because I don't want the game becoming stale and if the players want a change that's fine by me likewise if they decide to keep the status quo that's also OK with me.

Just notice on the SGP website Jason Doyle will be riding tonight for Australia

Edited by Robbie B

Sorry. Your previous post looked like an announcement.

However. Taking what you did say as the basis for a better competition, how about choosing one rider from each country and one other from any of the countries (a wildcard?).

And to truly eliminate the joker concept, how about taking the extra points off a rider's total if he raced as a joker?