British Speedway Forum
Fred5

Rebels V Lions, Fri 23rd June

Crunch match for both teams in this bottom of the league clash. Two guests for the Rebels, Howarth and Ellis and one for the Lions, yet to be named.

Ref the SGB forum, I read that Jake Allen, on behalf of the Rebels riders, has been critical of the OTA track preparation. Full interview is in this weeks Speedway Star.

Crunch match for both teams in this bottom of the league clash. Two guests for the Rebels, Howarth and Ellis and one for the Lions, yet to be named.

Ref the SGB forum, I read that Jake Allen, on behalf of the Rebels riders, has been critical of the OTA track preparation. Full interview is in this weeks Speedway Star.

Some mistake here, surely. This thread should be in the Championship section of the Forum

I see Richard Lawson moves to no.1 with the new averages now out. Palm-Toft missing again much to the upset of some Rebels fans on facebook I see. It's pretty obvious now that when the management knew Hougaard was injured, they knew we couldn't go on and use R/R so signed someone who was going to be missing so we had a pick of guests all the time. Smart on one hand but daft at the same time as nobody wants to see a team of guests every week regardless of how good they are.

Think Heeps will struggle in the main body of the side.... Tungate still free??? :)

I seen that too, which I thought was interesting. I however don't buy the speedway star so not sure what the gripe is.

Dont' think much to riders airing the dirty washing in public. He didn't complain last year (as far as I know).

Edited by Willowman

Dont' think much to riders airing the dirty washing in public. He didn't complain last year (as far as I know).

Or when he top scored 2 weeks earlier against Belle Vue....

Or when he top scored 2 weeks earlier against Belle Vue....

Perhaps he likes the track wetter and not a dust bowl ?

Should be a win for the Rebels on Friday. Lawson, Josh and Kyle all good at our place, not sure Nilsson will be too much threat and King carrying an injury. Hope Wrighty is the one from the Belle Vue match , and Jake ditto. Good luck to Heeps on his promotion to the top 5.

Rebs by 10 for me.

Perhaps he likes the track wetter and not a dust bowl ?

Dust bowl... give it a rest. There was no dust at all last week and the track had been heavily watered.

Dust bowl... give it a rest. There was no dust at all last week and the track had been heavily watered.

Rubbish

• Like 1

Agree with Najjer

I stand on the back straight exit to turn 2 on a bad "Dust Bowl" day taking photo' i spend a couple of hours the next day cleaning my camera equipment of dust. Not last week camera was clean.

Edited by idh
  • Like 1

Kyle Newman is the permanent replacement for Ayres for the Lions

Kyle Newman is the permanent replacement for Ayres for the Lions

Well at least it gives more choice for the R/R for Garrity. Which will probably be needed quite regularly

• Like 1

Have heard Jakes not been happy with the track prep all season. To be fair you would expect it to be prepared the same each week, I know weather can play a part but if you want to win at home!!!!! Just saying.