British Speedway Forum
Fred5

Rebels V Lions, Fri 23rd June

Have heard Jakes not been happy with the track prep all season. To be fair you would expect it to be prepared the same each week, I know weather can play a part but if you want to win at home!!!!! Just saying.

Ref Speedway Star, Jake describes the track as atrocious and the riders have been complaining all season.

Would love to know why the riders think it's atrocious, especially as there have been some really fast times this season, some fine racing where riders have attacked the track, and even when raining, the track has held up well.

Perhaps the Somerset boys have been so used to winning, that they are mistaking the track conditions to competing against a slightly better standard of rider each week?

Times are consistent each week and to previous meetings.

I haven't noticed riders struggling at Somerset either. In fact, the opposite.

• Like 4

Goalposts moved with the introduction of Newman and T Kurtz at reserve for the Lions. Not sure now, hope Wrighty is on it.

Would love to know why the riders think it's atrocious, especially as there have been some really fast times this season, some fine racing where riders have attacked the track, and even when raining, the track has held up well.

Perhaps the Somerset boys have been so used to winning, that they are mistaking the track conditions to competing against a slightly better standard of rider each week?

Times are consistent each week and to previous meetings.

I haven't noticed riders struggling at Somerset either. In fact, the opposite.

I couldn't agree with this post more. From the outside looking in the track has looked in the best shape I can remember for many a year. We've been served up some fantastic racing this year, the type of stuff that wouldn't be possible regardless of the calibre of rider on an 'atrocious' track.

• Like 4

Ref Speedway Star, Jake describes the track as atrocious and the riders have been complaining all season.

I'm aware of what Jake had to say, hes had a few good meetings on an "atrocious" track. So I was trying to say the track maybe inconsistent, what do I know?

I'm aware of what Jake had to say, hes had a few good meetings on an "atrocious" track. So I was trying to say the track maybe inconsistent, what do I know?

His captain says he needs to get on with it.

• Like 1

Perhaps he likes the track wetter and not a dust bowl ?

Dust bowl... give it a rest. There was no dust at all last week and the track had been heavily watered.

Rubbish

I couldn't agree with this post more. From the outside looking in the track has looked in the best shape I can remember for many a year. We've been served up some fantastic racing this year, the type of stuff that wouldn't be possible regardless of the calibre of rider on an 'atrocious' track.

In my view, last week was not the best track we have seen this season, but it could in no way be described as atrocious, far, far, from it, as can be seen by IDH's photos. For the record, at the 'Rider of the Night' award after last weeks meeting, Richard Lawson described that so called atrocious track as 'MINT' !

• Like 1

I think jakes comments are because he's not getting the points he was hoping for,Richard and Cameron seem to of come in and done ok on it ,josh and wrighty seem to be doing well,jakes got ot remember he up against better rider now.

He's Australian they always blame anyone but themselves, so far he has blamed a motor problem and the track yet everything

was fine when he got 17 points 😂 could just be having a laugh as I can't see him saying it to the SS when doesn't he live with Debbie.

• Like 1

Solid 8 from Wrighty last night, paid max for Newman against Worky and beat Cook a couple of times. Leicester have a genuine chance here now to get a result , if Garrity is not riding. On the flip side it will be a great boost if the Rebs can get a win by more than 8. A lot riding on this IMO.

What's going on with Garrity? Fit for British Final then missed the trip to Poole. Any idea about tonight?

If the real Allen shows up and Ellis starts to show his real potential then this could be the best reserve race of the season.

• Like 1

What's going on with Garrity? Fit for British Final then missed the trip to Poole. Any idea about tonight?

Only did a bit of the final. He was pants for Poole against us , so hoping he's riding. If not then King will get one of his rides.

Have a look at IDH's brilliant photo album here:

http://ihitchcock.zenfolio.com/somerset_v_kings_lynn?fpciidx=51

The last photo is from heat 14 I believe. Can't see any dust clouds there that's for sure! If you also look at the first few you can actually see how heavily watered the track was!

Plenty of dust 4 frames down. Naijer you need your eyes tested..

• Like 1