British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Plymouth 22.6.17 National Trophy Meeting

http://swindonrobins.co/news.php?extend.2898

This is the final meeting of the rounds of the N T South meetings.

Plymouth have already qualified for the final but looking at the riders Swindon has and the very good team that Plymouth has this should be a good meeting.

Swindon has Zach and David Wallinger, both of whom scored over 10 against IOW and Plymouth have some big hitters as well.

Anyone who did not go to the meeting against the IOW, you missed a good meeting, do not miss this one.

Really gutted there is no Boxall and the young Atkins,not to worry it should be a decent night and hopefully the crowds are good enough to be able to persist with NL racing next year.Has anyone any idea what four teams will be in the rearranged NL fours meeting at Swindon.?

• Like 1

Seeing as the point of the Sprockets is to judge crowd sizes, it's disappointing that this is effectively a pointless meeting with Plymouth already through and Swindon already out. It could put off a fair few fans from attending.

Seeing as the point of the Sprockets is to judge crowd sizes, it's disappointing that this is effectively a pointless meeting with Plymouth already through and Swindon already out. It could put off a fair few fans from attending.

Hope that is not the case as tomorrows turn out could determine if we have NL racing next year.

It's not pointless, it's completing the fixtures, or should all tracks close down once they can't win the title?

Enjoyable meeting. Zach easily the best rider. I have seen Callum Walker twice now because he rode at the Swindon Coventry meeting last year. He looks a really good rider. I am surprised his average is still 3. If Swindon do have a NL team next year I hope we sign him.

Yes an ok meeting Zach is getting better and better all the time he brushed Roynon aside pretty readilly.Walker was decent for Plymouth Roynon to thought Compton was harshly excluded from his first ride i just hope the crowds are good anough to carry on with a NL side next year.

Edited by Sidney the robin

It's not pointless, it's completing the fixtures, or should all tracks close down once they can't win the title?

You obviously didn't ready my post properly as I'm not suggesting that at all. I said that Swindon were using the NT to gauge attendance levels but with the finalists already decided some fans would decide to stay away which wouldn't give a fair reflection compared to if the meeting had have ran a month or so ago. If that turned out not to be the case then fair play to Swindon fans, but most supporters want to see their team win and progress and when one or both isn't viable then they save their money.

Hope that is not the case as tomorrows turn out could determine if we have NL racing next year.

An interesting comment A ORLOV. What are the crowd sizes for Swindon Sprockets matches? A 'guesstimate' will do. Many thanks.

It is very hard to guess how many people attend? how many people actually pay the 12 quid i dont know.For me i enjoy the racing and hope we have a full time NL team next year but if i had a guess i dont think it will happen.I really hope i am wrong on that score could a NL team be priced in with a season ticket to make it a attractive price for the fan and also viable for the club.?

• Like 1

Lee Kilby said they needed 500 to make it pay and that there were slightly short of that for the first meeting. Now that might not be true because he was trying to get people to come. Last night there were about the same number there maybe a few less.

Enjoyed the meeting where the score was close at the end and some of the youngsters showed what they could do. Lets have some more, a 4 or 6 race second half would save on costs. Zach would already be at the meeting, young Anders, who is watching most meetings might want a few extra meetings as a guest, and Lee could try out any rider he might want to look at for a next year if NL is an option.

Enjoyed the meeting where the score was close at the end and some of the youngsters showed what they could do. Lets have some more, a 4 or 6 race second half would save on costs. Zach would already be at the meeting, young Anders, who is watching most meetings might want a few extra meetings as a guest, and Lee could try out any rider he might want to look at for a next year if NL is an option.

Atkins was there last night ORLOV" do you know why he didnt ride was he injured or maybe had exams.? Last night there was some good racing the Culpitt v Priest race was good also the Zach v Roynon races were very interesting.I dont know what you think but young Hampshire has something there is a good young rider in there somewhere.

Atkins was there last night ORLOV" do you know why he didnt ride was he injured or maybe had exams.? Last night there was some good racing the Culpitt v Priest race was good also the Zach v Roynon races were very interesting.I dont know what you think but young Hampshire has something there is a good young rider in there somewhere.

The statement below answers your question regarding Young Henry Atkins.

Atkins will be present at the Devils clash at home on Friday but unable to ride. His father is out of the country on a business meeting and requested that the Devils youngster miss the two clashes which the promotion have agreed to. Rider-Replacement will be utilised to cover his rides with Benji Compton, Richard Andrews , Callum Walker and William O’Keefe eligible to take his rides.

Read more: http://plymouthdevils.proboards.com/thread/8990/devils-possibly-missing-riders-fixtures#ixzz4kprQh6t3

• Like 1

I dont know what you think but young Hampshire has something there is a good young rider in there somewhere.

Judging by the way he rode at Birmingham last Wednesday, a VERY good rider!