British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Belle Vue Bt Sports 26/6/17

First of all well done to Belle Vue on their win. Was really never in doubt with Pirates riding without a number one and Klindt who declared himself fit but tonight was fit for f all.

6 points picked up from the number one position shows why Poole lost, without Klindt, who is normally good for double figures scoring a point at the death.

Belle Vue were far quicker out of the gate and the Poole guys just had no response until half way through the meeting. But you can't win against the strongest team in the league with no number one and a non firing rider who should not have been there. Unless he was there to get his official average.

For Poole.

Kurtz is not a number one yet and it showed, but he did come good.

Holder was solid all night.

R/r produced just 6 points.

Klindt limped around on the track walk. Far from fit. Enough said.

Andersen was pretty average tonight.

Starke did well in one heat but found it tough.

Shanes did his job and then some.

For Belle Vue.

Bjerre was very good.

Worrall solid

Cook excellent.

Tungate did well

Fricke meh.

Bewley very good

Smith found it tough.

Belle Vue clearly the team to beat this year and clear favourites this season now they have strengthened up even further. Tonight it showed. Would the result have been different had Poole been full strength? Quite possibly but Belle Vue can only beat the team put in front of them and tonight we were not strong enough.

Andersen gone to hospital for check up on his neck. He said on TV he was in agony but had to ride. His bike had to be set up to ride around the inner to compensate for the injury. He couldn't turn his neck.

The track was as bad as I've seen any track.

Say it as much as you want but realistically it ain't gonna happen.

But it needs to Lisa.

That can't carry on. It's dangerous. I don't care about the advert it created to be honest, it's a danger to the 14 lads on the thing. That's far more important.

Thank you for a sensible response, at least you see the issue

How can Poole replace Klindt. He rode tonight so surely he can't be replaced on an injury basis. Surely the only way is to rebuild their team to the 42 point limit, if that's not the case the I think I'm done with this season.

Of course he can be replaced, just like Sedgmen was with Tungate. Or are other teams allowed to make changes but not Poole?

How can Poole replace Klindt. He rode tonight so surely he can't be replaced on an injury basis. Surely the only way is to rebuild their team to the 42 point limit, if that's not the case the I think I'm done with this season.

He can be replaced on a like for like basis doesn't have to be injured.

Good point, although Doyle is a number 1 & hasn't rode a league match since his injury. Klindt rode tonight. Surely you can't bring KK back & then make a change like for like for Klindt.

Swindon are under the pints limit by 1.02 so are able to able to make a move. Poole are already over by 1.3, goes up to about 2.5 when KK is back in. Swindon can move without any issues

Say it as much as you want but realistically it ain't gonna happen.

By your theory Swindon can't replace Doyle either cos he rode in the GP.

Edited by hyabb17

Surely someone's view on the quality of the racing is their opinion...rather than lying you just don't agree with them. I haven't seen the coverage so i can't comment.

Terrible track tonight.

Feel the track in the last few years has just got worse and worse.

Until money is spent on it , crowds will continue to fall as the entertainment value and racing no longer offers value for money..

Even top riders who have raced for Poole in the last few years have voiced their concerns about the track.

But they have lost favour with Matt Ford because of it .

Perhaps Klindt was just there to get an official average. No way he will be back he needs an operation. Didn't think he would actually get around the track walk.

We were beaten by a full strength Belle Vue team on a roll. We had no number one and were carrying a badly injured rider who wanted to ride but is far from fit. 6 measly points from the number one berth. No suprise at all we lost to be honest.

But lets be sensible here. If Poole had been turned over by Belle Vue and had a fully fit KK and Klindt riding, there would be cause for concern. Remember, we got a draw just a couple of weeks ago at Belle Vue.

Will we make the playoffs? Of course we will. Will we be stronger when the playoffs start? More than likely, unless we are injury plagued like last season.

Belle Vue were the better team tonight, for sure. I think they are a better team than Wolves with their massive home advantage. But we are not out of it just yet. It will be interesting to see how the B fixtures pan out should we be at full strength.

Your a full on troll.

Home advantage? Have you seen the home/away points split?

Yes you have haven't You?

You and starman are an embarrassment to poole speedway

• Like 3

Some massive home advantage, sneaked past Leicester, lost to Somerset, Struggled for most of the match against Rye, just edged it against Swindon, and Poole got a draw. We look more vulnrable at home than away, but thats the price you pay for having a track every rider loves to race on, we saw it with Hyde Road, and saw the other side at KL where every away rider dreaded as it was a pit.

• Like 1

If that's right them I'm f**king done. Averages Are pointless

He can be replaced on a like for like basis doesn't have to be injured.

Edited by hyabb17

Andersen gone to hospital for check up on his neck. He said on TV he was in agony but had to ride. His bike had to be set up to ride around the inner to compensate for the injury. He couldn't turn his neck.

The track was as bad as I've seen any track.

I think Hans mechanic is to blame here. With the clock counting down the mechanic was woking frantically to adjust the chain but ran out of time. This was played out on track by the pits. With 20 seconds to go Hans decided he had to go to tapes and made it as the clock ran out. The chain then came off causing the spill with Cook.

As for the track yes its bumpy. Has been for a while. Its called home advantage and one of the reasons I believe Its not removed. Jack Holder said recently you have to attack the track. Not defending it but no falls caused by the track. Andersens chain coming off and Fricke knocking off Kurtz were the only falls.

Funnily enough last week we raced against Leicester, and the racing was far better than tonight. Perhaps the Belle Vue riders should have slowed down a little so we could catch them!

Your a full on troll.

Home advantage? Have you seen the home/away points split?

Yes you have haven't You?

You and starman are an embarrassment to poole speedway

Some massive home advantage, sneaked past Leicester, lost to Somerset, Struggled for most of the match against Rye, just edged it against Swindon, and Poole got a draw. We look more vulnrable at home than away, but thats the price you pay for having a track every rider loves to race on, we saw it with Hyde Road, and saw the other side at KL where every away rider dreaded as it was a pit.

Calm down, I think you will find Steve was referring to Wolves having the home track advantage.

• Like 1

it's just a f**king joke. You make a valid point about Tungate for sedgy & I forgot this but does it make it right? shoukd a team be able to improve when it's already above the averages? You will already benefit by allowing KK back in. Should you be able to benefit on Klindts "new average"

Of course he can be replaced, just like Sedgmen was with Tungate. Or are other teams allowed to make changes but not Poole?

I would'nt call it a moto cross track,as some do, but it has a wavy thing about it from what i see tonight.

Good point, although Doyle is a number 1 & hasn't rode a league match since his injury. Klindt rode tonight. Surely you can't bring KK back & then make a change like for like for Klindt.

Swindon are under the pints limit by 1.02 so are able to able to make a move. Poole are already over by 1.3, goes up to about 2.5 when KK is back in. Swindon can move without any issues

Zengota is an injury replacement for KK. Once KK is fit (next meeting in two weeks) he will be back in place of Zengota. Klindt is injured. Clear for everyone to see. A shame as he has been superb this season. But we can't carry an injured rider. So out he goes to get well for next season and in comes whoever. Gomolski? Sundstrom, Prezpelski?

It will happen, guarenteed.

Perhaps Klindt was just there to get an official average. No way he will be back he needs an operation. Didn't think he would actually get around the track walk.

We were beaten by a full strength Belle Vue team on a roll. We had no number one and were carrying a badly injured rider who wanted to ride but is far from fit. 6 measly points from the number one berth. No suprise at all we lost to be honest.

But lets be sensible here. If Poole had been turned over by Belle Vue and had a fully fit KK and Klindt riding, there would be cause for concern. Remember, we got a draw just a couple of weeks ago at Belle Vue.

Will we make the playoffs? Of course we will. Will we be stronger when the playoffs start? More than likely, unless we are injury plagued like last season.

Belle Vue were the better team tonight, for sure. I think they are a better team than Wolves with their massive home advantage. But we are not out of it just yet. It will be interesting to see how the B fixtures pan out should we be at full strength.

Maybe that is true it was just to get his average and was quite surprised he beat Bewley in heat 14, he showed no interest after the first bend in his other rides in which he rode rather than raced. If KK can produce the form he has in Poland since his return from injury and we can get someone to replace Klindt which at the moment looks a difficult task, as i have said before should have kept Newman and replaced Klindt with Starke but that's gone now so maybe Sedgeman?