British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Belle Vue Bt Sports 26/6/17

Might be useful in reducing average?

That's what I thought. An average reducing meeting.

Bad decision from Chris Durno to disqualify Fricke.

What a good win for The Aces tonight. Three big points, should have been four really as we let them off the hook so to speak. Everyone did their bit and it was a well deserved victory, no question.

What a truly dreadful track and not what I expected on the first night of the Premiership.

Belle Vue were the better team and deserved the points but I was surprised Klindt was given 4 rides as it was fairly obvious he wasn't fit.

Also, Nigel Pearson spunking his pants every time Poole are in a great position and racing about Poole riders. Meanwhile Belle Vue fan Natalie Quirk being the ultimate pro all night and showing no bias.

She really is VERY good and a great addition to the league speedway coverage as she has been to the GPs the last 18 months.

Natalie asked sensible questions all night. Never once did she ask the stock Sky bimbo question "Will you be making any changes for your next ride?"

• Like 1

Maybe if you actually saw Klindt then you would know that he could barely walk.

Think we all saw how he was limping but he deemed he was fit to ride & riders are known to put off operations until the end of the season all the time.

Fair play to the Aces.

Matt is now angry.

We need to sort this track out. We have two weeks until another match, go and fix it.

Team changes

I think NK and HA might need to some rest after these ones.

I would see if we could bring in Kacper G and Lindback as that would fit. But who knows.

The only good thing to come out of tonight for me was seeing young Bewley for the first time.

The lad looks a real talent with a great riding style.

It took me back in time 30 years to another talented youngster in his first season-Mark Loram.

Let's hope Dan can achieve what Mark did.

• Like 2

Fair play to the Aces.

Matt is now angry.

We need to sort this track out. We have two weeks until another match, go and fix it.

Team changes

I think NK and HA might need to some rest after these ones.

I would see if we could bring in Kacper G and Lindback as that would fit. But who knows.

No brainer to bring back Kacper in place of Klindt if averages allow.

Bjerre in HT 15 would of been my choice

I don't think he fancied it on that track when there's an enthusiastic U21 ready to give it a go.

Bit concerned by Hans's comment about crunching noises in the back of his head when he turned it. Might be worth chacking out properly.

Poole speedway producing a track like that destroys credibility for any newcomers watching that. The club should get a fine frankly totally shocking.

Klindt shouldn't have rode. Not fit and letting the team down.

Starke at reserve average

Good win for Belle Vue with poor nights for Worrall and Fricke again.

I await the usual defence from Shovlar and Starman....facts are facts the Poole track is awful.

I await being told Klindt cost them the meeting.....well Holder outscored what he did last time by the amount Klindt underscored this time.

Where's the match report???

• Like 1

I don't think he fancied it on that track when there's an enthusiastic U21 ready to give it a go.

Trapper was my thinking

Would a blade and re lay sort it

Trapper was my thinking

Would a blade and re lay sort it

We chose 2 or 4 which had 10 winners. I just don't thing he fancied it and I don't blame him.

Great win, well done the Aces..

The track? Wow! How poor has that track become over the past few years?

I have to say I never had any doubts about Cook in HT 15. Which for me shows his progress. He truly is moving to that 'next level'..

Even last year I would have had some doubts about him handling a 'big heat 15'. Not anymore though...

Let's hope his form continues Saturday as I am sure it will be vital..

Loved also Dan Bewley's elbow on Starke, great to see a young kid not intimidated by a more experienced rider. Big future that lad...

Edited: And no guests! "A proper non Mickey Mouse Speedway meeting Nige!"

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1