Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Belle Vue Bt Sports 26/6/17

Wimborne road has been the same for years, bumpy as anything and you get the rare good meeting. You can't race properly on it for most of the time as your bouncing into the corners. Best thing fraud could do is to relay the whole track, pack it down and start a fresh!

Did they not do that a few years back in the winter?

Pleased with the result.

One good race otherwise an appalling advert for Speedway.

Track dreadful.... even admitted by one of the Poole riders.

• Like 4

White flags out now I am afraid. Klindt clearlyhere to get an average. Cant compete with bv with litterally half a team. Expect to get half the points.

Bv riders far too quick for our riders meaning poor racing as well.

What about you're moto x track any comments ?

Great win for the Aces !!,

A full strength Poole will still be a threat in the play offs.

But that track .... !! , shocked as to how bad it was

First of all well done to Belle Vue on their win. Was really never in doubt with Pirates riding without a number one and Klindt who declared himself fit but tonight was fit for f all.

6 points picked up from the number one position shows why Poole lost, without Klindt, who is normally good for double figures scoring a point at the death.

Belle Vue were far quicker out of the gate and the Poole guys just had no response until half way through the meeting. But you can't win against the strongest team in the league with no number one and a non firing rider who should not have been there. Unless he was there to get his official average.

For Poole.

Kurtz is not a number one yet and it showed, but he did come good.

Holder was solid all night.

R/r produced just 6 points.

Klindt limped around on the track walk. Far from fit. Enough said.

Andersen was pretty average tonight.

Starke did well in one heat but found it tough.

Shanes did his job and then some.

For Belle Vue.

Bjerre was very good.

Worrall solid

Cook excellent.

Tungate did well

Fricke meh.

Bewley very good

Smith found it tough.

Belle Vue clearly the team to beat this year and clear favourites this season now they have strengthened up even further. Tonight it showed. Would the result have been different had Poole been full strength? Quite possibly but Belle Vue can only beat the team put in front of them and tonight we were not strong enough.

Fair play to the Aces.

Matt is now angry.

We need to sort this track out. We have two weeks until another match, go and fix it.

Team changes

I think NK and HA might need to some rest after these ones.

I would see if we could bring in Kacper G and Lindback as that would fit. But who knows.

Matt angry he should be embarrassed for allowing riders to risk there lives on that track tonight

The only way the track will be sorted is if the Poole riders refuse it ride it imo. Though i have no idea what is said about it behind closed doors.

First of all well done to Belle Vue on their win. Was really never in doubt with Pirates riding without a number one and Klindt who declared himself fit but tonight was fit for f all.

6 points picked up from the number one position shows why Poole lost, without Klindt, who is normally good for double figures scoring a point at the death.

Belle Vue were far quicker out of the gate and the Poole guys just had no response until half way through the meeting. But you can't win against the strongest team in the league with no number one and a non firing rider who should not have been there. Unless he was there to get his official average.

For Poole.

For Belle Vue.

Bjerre was very good.

Worrall solid

Cook excellent.

Tungate did well

Fricke meh.

Bewley very good

Smith found it tough.

Belle Vue clearly the team to beat this year and clear favourites this season now they have strengthened up even further. Tonight it showed. Would the result have been different had Poole been full strength? Quite possibly but Belle Vue can only beat the team put in front of them and tonight we were not strong enough.

And not one mention of that dangerous track and the bore fest of a race meeting.

What a surprise.

• Like 3

For Poole.

For Belle Vue.

Bjerre was very good.

Worrall solid

Cook excellent.

Tungate did well

Fricke meh.

Bewley very good

Smith found it tough.

without a number one? KK got 8 and r/r got 6. A loss of 2 points. Kerr got 1 ... so did Klindt.

Beaten by a better team on a crap track which you fail to mention....you keep saying racing is good....lies

Get that track ripped up and relaid. Absolutely disgraceful advert for this sport.

Edited by acef
  • Like 1

Matt angry he should be embarrassed for allowing riders to risk there lives on that track tonight

Leicester got a lot of justified criticism in years gone for their track but Poole's has become very similar over the past few years...

By that I mean one line only.....

Hit the apex on turn one, drift across to the fence on turn two and then hit the dirt and fly off down the back straight....

Turns three and four ride 3m in from the fence in a radius on the dirt line that forms there every meeting, staying off the 'ice' near the kerb...

Why hasnt anything been done as it's been this way now for donkeys....

Edited by mikebv

So after all the build up and hype they produced what sounds like a poor advert for top flight speedway.

Pretty pleased I'm sunning myself on holiday and missed it. So, who's next on BT Sport and when?

Hope Klindt gets this injury fixed but if I'm being honest I think he is on his way out.

MF isn't going to keep an injured rider in the team.

KK is back against Lynn so that's good news. Now Klindt for Gomolski if average fits.

I don't want Klindt to go but I don't think Klindt can continue riding with his injury tonight proved that.

Average doesn't fit so think again.

without a number one? KK got 8 and r/r got 6. A loss of 2 points. Kerr got 1 ... so did Klindt.

Beaten by a better team on a crap track which you fail to mention....you keep saying racing is good....lies

Surely someone's view on the quality of the racing is their opinion...rather than lying you just don't agree with them. I haven't seen the coverage so i can't comment.