British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Belle Vue Bt Sports 26/6/17

And Kurtz. That will come back to get you young man. It's a small circle speedway. Falling off like that will lose you a significant amount of credibility

First of all well done to Belle Vue on their win. Was really never in doubt with Pirates riding without a number one and Klindt who declared himself fit but tonight was fit for f all.

6 points picked up from the number one position shows why Poole lost, without Klindt, who is normally good for double figures scoring a point at the death.

Belle Vue were far quicker out of the gate and the Poole guys just had no response until half way through the meeting. But you can't win against the strongest team in the league with no number one and a non firing rider who should not have been there. Unless he was there to get his official average.

For Poole.

Kurtz is not a number one yet and it showed, but he did come good.

Holder was solid all night.

R/r produced just 6 points.

Klindt limped around on the track walk. Far from fit. Enough said.

Andersen was pretty average tonight.

Starke did well in one heat but found it tough.

Shanes did his job and then some.

For Belle Vue.

Bjerre was very good.

Worrall solid

Cook excellent.

Tungate did well

Fricke meh.

Bewley very good

Smith found it tough.

Belle Vue clearly the team to beat this year and clear favourites this season now they have strengthened up even further. Tonight it showed. Would the result have been different had Poole been full strength? Quite possibly but Belle Vue can only beat the team put in front of them and tonight we were not strong nough.

Disagree still think Wolves are the team to beat.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 2

Shovvy's refusal to refer to the track at all tells you everything you need to know and a bit more.

• Like 3

Shovvy's refusal to refer to the track at all tells you everything you need to know and a bit more.

That he's trying to wind everyone up and it's worked?

The most important rider tonight for Poole has to be Paul Starke, bound to get at least 6 maybe 7 if Klindt comeback backfires. I hope Klindt performs as we know he can but coming back after a lay off is always tricky especially when your riding with the injury. If Klindt withdraws after a couple of rides we are in trouble and will most likely lose.

Bewley could be the key for Belle Vue, a rider improving all the time, a great future awaits for him.

not bad assessment Bewley rode well, Klindt appalling. Klindt must go.

So after all the build up and hype they produced what sounds like a poor advert for top flight speedway.

Pretty pleased I'm sunning myself on holiday and missed it. So, who's next on BT Sport and when?

A certain Rye House away at Wolves- 2 weeks tonight

That he's trying to wind everyone up and it's worked?

No

It's just the out and out arrogance of your fan base.

That track was f#####g dangerous. It needs ripping up and a full relay

• Like 3

How can Poole replace Klindt. He rode tonight so surely he can't be replaced on an injury basis. Surely the only way is to rebuild their team to the 42 point limit, if that's not the case the I think I'm done with this season.

Steve.

Lets be honest.

Kurtz got double figures at No.1 tonight = Job done he is our No.1 not Zengi.

R/R if Zengi was there he wouldn't of got anymore than 6 anyway = Job done.

Andersen wanted to pull out of the meeting but didn't so you cant call him average tonight as he did well to continue on the night.

Klindt cost us the win tonight but I don't want to lay into him as he is struggling with an injury all I say is why did he declare himself fit when he couldn't even walk?

Also we have been rubbish at home all season long.

Lost to Swindon of all teams.

Got gifted a win by BV in the cup.

Beat a Wolves team 46-44 when they had Grajczonek at No.1

Tonight we wasn't even in it at 33-33 as you could tell we was still going to lose.

And track is awful ruined Newman's season and it will claim another victim in the coming weeks unless it gets sorted.

Well I must admit Gater ,a Poole fan that is honest.

• Like 2

That Track should be used as a fairground ride ...more bumps than a maternity unit

• Like 7

It wasn't really though as it.

Bjerre just curb crawling, always get passed at Poole doing that.

Curb crawling? Or kerb crawling?

A certain Rye House away at Wolves- 2 weeks tonight

Ahhh bugger. That's the day we move house

No

It's just the out and out arrogance of your fan base.

That track was f#####g dangerous. It needs ripping up and a full relay

Say it as much as you want but realistically it ain't gonna happen.

How can Poole replace Klindt. He rode tonight so surely he can't be replaced on an injury basis. Surely the only way is to rebuild their team to the 42 point limit, if that's not the case the I think I'm done with this season.

By your theory Swindon can't replace Doyle either cos he rode in the GP.

not bad assessment Bewley rode well, Klindt appalling. Klindt must go.

Perhaps Klindt was just there to get an official average. No way he will be back he needs an operation. Didn't think he would actually get around the track walk.

We were beaten by a full strength Belle Vue team on a roll. We had no number one and were carrying a badly injured rider who wanted to ride but is far from fit. 6 measly points from the number one berth. No suprise at all we lost to be honest.

But lets be sensible here. If Poole had been turned over by Belle Vue and had a fully fit KK and Klindt riding, there would be cause for concern. Remember, we got a draw just a couple of weeks ago at Belle Vue.

Will we make the playoffs? Of course we will. Will we be stronger when the playoffs start? More than likely, unless we are injury plagued like last season.

Belle Vue were the better team tonight, for sure. I think they are a better team than Wolves with their massive home advantage. But we are not out of it just yet. It will be interesting to see how the B fixtures pan out should we be at full strength.