British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Belle Vue Bt Sports 26/6/17

Steve doesn"t acknowledge anything that proper speedway fans on here say... I have seen Steve's posts on here for about 13 years now and at first i used to think they were quite funny and genuine. But over the years you get to see through the man and i now think he doesn't know that much about genuine speedway ... 13 year ago every meeting Poole rode they were underdogs, 10 year ago every meeting Poole rode they were underdogs infact i think 99% of meetings Poole have rode since 2004 Steve has said they were underdogs .. Some knowledge that considering what they have won in them 13 years. Also Steve has this thing of only not liking teams who were challenging Poole for title. When it was Coventry everything about Coventry was wrong, then it was Belle Vue with no mention of Coventry, then it was Swindon with no mention of Coventry or Belle Vue, then Wolves with no mention of Coventry, Belle Vue or Swindon. So yes Steve what was quite interesting 13 year ago has turned into boring repeated posts that most fans on here can see through .... One day you might answer the genuine questions that genuine fans on here do ask you but you never ever answer but I will wait with baited breath ... You probably are a lovely bloke as others have said but as far as speedway goes you need to understand it a bit better

Perhaps I know nothing so can't answer?

• Like 1

"As for the track yes its bumpy. Has been for a while. Its called home advantage and one of the reasons I believe Its not removed."

Really try telling that to a rider who has problems with a head/neck injury that still rode the track but left in an ambulance. Astounding really that as a tv spectator it was obvious that Hans was dazed let alone him admitting he couldn't turn his head, even IF it was Hans choice to continue, the management should not have allowed him to race- thought this would be the team most aware of the possible outcomes of this type of injury.

But it needs to Lisa.

That can't carry on. It's dangerous. I don't care about the advert it created to be honest, it's a danger to the 14 lads on the thing. That's far more important.

Thank you for a sensible response, at least you see the issue

I went to the Darcy meeting and thought i wouldn't go again til track was sorted but then i realised i wouldn't get to see any meetings! Have only been to one meeting since and that was vs Swindon. Edited by lisa-colette

Surely someone's view on the quality of the racing is their opinion...rather than lying you just don't agree with them. I haven't seen the coverage so i can't comment.

Watch the footage. And see if you agree or disagree with the scores of comments on here talking about how poor the track was. Several people's view is more a consensus than an opinion.

Of course he can be replaced, just like Sedgmen was with Tungate. Or are other teams allowed to make changes but not Poole?

Some people don't know the rules. You have always been able to replace riders. Poole like Wolves (once KK is back) will be well over the points limit so Klindt can only be replaced by someone with the same average of lower.

We even had someone on a Wolves thread suggesting we should be made to reduce our averages to fall in line with the rest. Absolutely pathetic.

As for the track yes its bumpy. Has been for a while. Its called home advantage and one of the reasons I believe Its not removed.

Worked well for your boys tonight and might be true if you had an unblemished home record this season. To the viewing public the track is extremely poor. Total bore fest.

Terrible track tonight.

Feel the track in the last few years has just got worse and worse.

Until money is spent on it , crowds will continue to fall as the entertainment value and racing no longer offers value for money..

Even top riders who have raced for Poole in the last few years have voiced their concerns about the track.

But they have lost favour with Matt Ford because of it .

Not good, still can't see anything being done unless riders refuse to ride..

Also, Nigel Pearson spunking his pants every time Poole are in a great position and raving about Poole riders. Meanwhile Belle Vue fan Natalie Quirk being the ultimate pro all night and showing no bias.

She really is VERY good and a great addition to the league speedway coverage as she has been to the GPs the last 18 months.

Whatever you've been drinking, i don't want any...

Watch the footage. And see if you agree or disagree with the scores of comments on here talking about how poor the track was. Several people's view is more a consensus than an opinion.

Some people don't know the rules. You have always been able to replace riders. Poole like Wolves (once KK is back) will be well over the points limit so Klindt can only be replaced by someone with the same average of lower.

We even had someone on a Wolves thread suggesting we should be made to reduce our averages to fall in line with the rest. Absolutely pathetic.

Worked well for your boys tonight and might be true if you had an unblemished home record this season. To the viewing public the track is extremely poor. Total bore fest.

Agree racing was rubbish tonight. Far better meeting last week against Leicester. Belle Vue riders too quick and gone. Good team. If fast riders lead out the tapes its rarely an entertaining race anywhere as they disappear into the distance.

• Like 1

Deserved win for Belle Vue who were the better team at successfully avoiding all the holes and bumps in the Poole track. Must be awful for the riders to ride on. Embarrassing for the top flight of British Speedway that we expect very good riders to consistently put on a great and SAFE show of entertainment with a track like that.

Excellent coverage from BT - good to have Natalie presenting with Nigel and Kelvin on commentary instead of doing both jobs like they did on Sky Sports.

Belle Vue looking the favourites for the league in my opinion (although we are close behind) but the B fixtures between us and them may tell us a bit more!

Good god, I can't believe this, but I am about to defend Shovlar. What he is saying is that Wolves have a massive home advantage and Belle Vue don't, so overall the Aces are a much better team. Of course I don't necessarily agree with that view, but that is another discussion altogether.

I find it amazing that Matt Ford, who is so meticulous about his approach to building the best team each season and maintaining his income streams from sponsorship etc, hasn't done major surgery on that track.

A poster above reckons its down to home track advantage, but when front wheels are routinely bouncing in the air entering bends then safety becomes a major issue.

Couple of decent heats tonight near the end, but overall the racing was dismal.

I agree entirely, I can't believe they leave the dangerous bumps for home track advantage but they have been there for a long time and he's not fixed them.

Hans Andersen has a broken vertebrae in his neck......Could that be his season over??

Also, Nigel Pearson spunking his pants every time Poole are in a great position and raving about Poole riders. Meanwhile Belle Vue fan Natalie Quirk being the ultimate pro all night and showing no bias.

She really is VERY good and a great addition to the league speedway coverage as she has been to the GPs the last 18 months.

It's a really good point you make SCB. Nat is a massive Aces fan, she was down at Lakeside & Wolves last year stood with us travelling Belle Vue fans in the playoffs on her nights off. She puts all that to one side though on camera, very professional. Young lady with a very bright future.

On track, well pleased Aces won, but what's going on with that race surface? Been a few times to Poole, I like the track shape, it's so bumpy & dusty though! Must be a nightmare for a home rider facing that every week, however much Ford pays them.

Edited by mikec