British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Belle Vue Bt Sports 26/6/17

As a neutral, I thoroughly enjoyed tonights meeting. I never thought it would be a classic, but close scores kept it interesting. From all the teams I have seen this year, Belle Vue have impressed me the most. Led by Capt. Cook and ably assisted by Bjerre, they seem to have most heats covered and are a hard tem to beat. Poole, although weakened by injuries, were always 2nd best. The 2 young Aussie served them well but they were missing KK and last night HA The team will improve when them two are back and will be in the reckoning when it counts.

What a shame they have to race on that track. It's an accident waiting to happen. Each time they race I pray nobody gets hurt. The times riders were shutting off or having to control a bouncing front wheel was alarming.....

• Like 1

Oops I should have posted this here and in BT coverage!

I thought it was very reasonable coverage considering it was available after Sky pulled out and BT ARE continuing to offer Live match coverage, while they weigh up next season and beyond ( and it's value to them). It's a cut your coat according to your cloth coverage and speedway's "coat" is pretty threadbare.

Great to see a full-ish stadium as casual viewers will not think doubtfully "is it worth going to my local track" and might encourage them to give it a try. If BT insisted on the £9.99p ticket it was an excellent move.

Racing - well it illustrated the modern weakness of speedway racing - that in at leat 75% of heats - it is all over after the exit from the second bend ( first time around ), except in the cases of hard charging young guns or the very best of never give up veterans ( 25% of riders ). And even for them passing is a very, very difficult. Track conditions are crucial to them having a better chance of success and on the Poole track they did not have the best of chances to safely have a go from the back even if willing to try.

• Like 2

i thought the presentation was excellent coverage by bt natalie excellent interviewer as she does know her speedway down side camera work was poor hopefully they will improve as the season goes on

Edited by ray c
  • Like 2

Don't believe for one second Poole we're going to go with Klindt for the whole season the same as Belle Vue re Sedg....the injury to Nic just makes it convenient sadly

Funny that the person who stated the state of the track was just home advantage was one of the most outspoken when it came to our old track at Kirky Lane constantly giving it pelters, no one knew better than BV fans the state of the track at KL was poor, never thought of it as home track advantage though. We have a good side here but think Wolves still have the edge home form being the telling factor.

Edited by bellevueace

Agree racing was rubbish tonight. Far better meeting last week against Leicester. Belle Vue riders too quick and gone. Good team. If fast riders lead out the tapes its rarely an entertaining race anywhere as they disappear into the distance.

Can't argue with any of that.

How did the £10 admission go? Don't know what crowds been like this season at Poole but on TV crowd didn't look much bigger then when i been in past.

First and foremost, well done Belle Vue. A thoroughly deserved win. Rode as a team and if anything the score flattered Poole.

Before the meeting met up with SS,Baz and Oliver Miles(I think!) We ALL agreed it was an away win, just a question of how many.Around 6 points was the consensus. We also all agreed that the Poole team was out of balance, should have been Klindt at 2 and Holder at 4.

The meeting itself was like a mirror image of when Swindon won here. Away team racing away to a big lead when the track was wet, deep and rutted. Once the track dried out Poole getting back into it. Very embarrassing to not have a race winner until Ht7.

Ride of the night was obviously Starkes excellent Ht11. The ride I enjoyed the most was actually Ht12 and Dan Bewley. He clearly must have watched the previous ride of Starkes, round the boards. As early as coming off the second bend, he sensed what was going to happen and moved over to cover and did the same again round turns 3 and 4.Blocked Starkes move, hard but very fair. Very clever ride from someone so young. One of the few riders that makes me want to go to a meeting to watch just him. He is an awesome talent and British too!

Not watched the BT coverage yet, but will lookout for the points raised by others.

Well done Aces. Maybe its time to go one better, 3rd time lucky and all that. If its not going to be Poole, which is almost certain!, then I want the Aces to do it.

• Like 3

Guest GiveusaB

I enjoyed the meeting from a neutral point of view.....shame about the dodgy surface....accident waiting to happen nearly every race !

But what concerns me most is that Steve Worral will be riding for Team GB on Saturday ???

I'm guessing that Kings Lynns track will be similar to last nights ?

So basically you're saying that a team should be able to make like for like changes whenever they want......

It has always been the rule you can do that, why moan now? It doesnt favour Poole can't think there is anyone who would be better than Klindt on his average the guy is riding with an injury. Are you saying you can't replace an injured rider!

Belle Vue replace a fully fit rider nobody says a thing Poole do and you complain the rules are wrong.

Edited by foreverblue

Track was absolutely dire last night. Poole is generally under-watered in my experience but now they've managed to make it slick and rutted, quite an achievement.

I counted 3 passes all night, not a great advert for the first match on BT Sport. An excellent way to kill the sport.

Time to dig up the track and start again!

• Like 1

They will ignore the obvious.

Nothing wrong with the Poole track, it's great every week with passing galore. ........unless it's on TV and the lies exposed.

Should have gone to Monmore Steve,much better match

the biggest worry for me is that Jack Holder and Brady Kurtz are just accidents waiting to happen, hope I'm wrong but they're riding way above their capabilities.

the biggest worry for me is that Jack Holder and Brady Kurtz are just accidents waiting to happen, hope I'm wrong but they're riding way above their capabilities.

I think they are on that disgrace of a track a track prepared and both will have no problems.To ride that track last night i think you have to attack it which means you take more risks Fricke said it all for me last night.I have never seen him struggle on a bike like he did last night a great technical rider usually smooth he really was fighting with the bike all night.