British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Belle Vue Bt Sports 26/6/17

I enjoyed the meeting from a neutral point of view.....shame about the dodgy surface....accident waiting to happen nearly every race !

But what concerns me most is that Steve Worral will be riding for Team GB on Saturday ???

I'm guessing that Kings Lynns track will be similar to last nights ?

The tracks at Kings Lynn and Poole are a world apart. OK, they are both usually 'Gate and Go' but compared to the ruts at Wimbourn Rd , the AFA is a Mill-Pond. The only problem we have is the crap shale that Buster uses.... Probably this being a World stage, Buster will excel himself and provide a racing surface we all know the track is capable of supplying...... Steve Worrall usually go very well and only recently score double figures in BV win over KL. There should be no worries about Steve in the team...

• Like 1

Should have gone to Monmore Steve,much better match

Wasn't able to last night. But I've no doubt the racing would have been better.

Whatever you've been drinking, i don't want any...

One post on the thread since the meeting finished and nothing to do with the meeting.

You would have been all over the thread if you had won..................any news on the crap and dangerous track or will you gloss over it like Shovlar has??

• Like 3

One post on the thread since the meeting finished and nothing to do with the meeting.

You would have been all over the thread if you had won..................any news on the crap and dangerous track or will you gloss over it like Shovlar has??

it isn't as though we can hide and say the track was ok because it was clearly pretty awful, I don't go to every meeting but the track is quite often bumpy in places but last night was particularly bad maybe over watered I don't know, hopefully be better for the next meeting against Kings lynn. Some may say home advantage but I can't see how it is helping us and certainly isn't helping the entertainment value.

I enjoyed the meeting from a neutral point of view.....shame about the dodgy surface....accident waiting to happen nearly every race !

But what concerns me most is that Steve Worral will be riding for Team GB on Saturday ???

Steve Worrall has scored 10+1 (4) and 8+1 (4) at Kings Lynn this year, does well there.

Well lets take stock after last night's meeting.

Firstly it is confirmed that Hans has NOT suffered a neck fracture as first feared. GREAT NEWS. He will give his Swedish meeting a miss tonite but intends to race on Friday in Denmark!!

To be beaten fairly and squarely by 4 points, by (imo) the best team in the league, is no disgrace when missing one heat leader and only having 5 functioning riders, although I questioned the balance and riding order of the team when it was announced last night along with some of the r/r selections??!!

Well done Belle Vue.

Klindt is clearly unlikely to be fully fit for the foreseeable future but his 6.21 average after last night doesn't leave too many decent options!!!? The Poole Aussie boys were clearly out to show Mark Lemon the error of his Team Australia selections!! :-) Starkey scoring 9 points and having the race of the night, more than did his job, along with young Shanes - we've just been spoilt having Nicolai at reserve!!

KK returns for the Kings Lynn meeting on 12th July - but will there be another change by then - or later??

Whatever the state of the track - and it was quite poor last night - I doubt that there will be any major work carried out on it until the Stadium developments/changes/improvements are made clear by Stadia UK - especially if any changes involve a 're-positioning' of the track and/or the stadium?!

Having watched the meeting live and then the TV version this morning I was pleased with the BT approach but totally annoyed by Pearson's commentary as well as his continued banging on about Tai in his Matchday programme column. No bias there is there??!!!!!

I'm sure MF will have got all the reports on last night from his 'team' as he was unable to witness it first hand due to a prior commitment!!

Onwards and upwards. (ps. At least I gather from 'sources' that we could already have next season's main sponsors sorted!! ;-) )

Edited by Skidder1

First and foremost, well done Belle Vue. A thoroughly deserved win. Rode as a team and if anything the score flattered Poole.

Before the meeting met up with SS,Baz and Oliver Miles(I think!) We ALL agreed it was an away win, just a question of how many.Around 6 points was the consensus. We also all agreed that the Poole team was out of balance, should have been Klindt at 2 and Holder at 4.

The meeting itself was like a mirror image of when Swindon won here. Away team racing away to a big lead when the track was wet, deep and rutted. Once the track dried out Poole getting back into it. Very embarrassing to not have a race winner until Ht7.

Ride of the night was obviously Starkes excellent Ht11. The ride I enjoyed the most was actually Ht12 and Dan Bewley. He clearly must have watched the previous ride of Starkes, round the boards. As early as coming off the second bend, he sensed what was going to happen and moved over to cover and did the same again round turns 3 and 4.Blocked Starkes move, hard but very fair. Very clever ride from someone so young. One of the few riders that makes me want to go to a meeting to watch just him. He is an awesome talent and British too!

Not watched the BT coverage yet, but will lookout for the points raised by others.

Well done Aces. Maybe its time to go one better, 3rd time lucky and all that. If its not going to be Poole, which is almost certain!, then I want the Aces to do it.

Yes Bob, it was Oliver Miles chatting to you. I watched TV coverage when I got home after I watched NZ bash USA in the Americas Cup. Great result!!!

Without TV replay I doubt Fricke would have been excluded, just shows how wrong some decisions can be!

I agree about Bewley but also rate Bates highly & Adam Ellis

Don't disagree, think King & Lawson might have been better options but that's only my opinion!

Whatever the state of the track - and it was quite poor last night - I doubt that there will be any major work carried out on it until the Stadium developments/changes/improvements are made clear by Stadia UK - especially if any changes involve a 're-positioning' of the track and/or the stadium?!

Well if Stadia follow their speed of development at Swindon then you have got that track for years.

the biggest worry for me is that Jack Holder and Brady Kurtz are just accidents waiting to happen, hope I'm wrong but they're riding way above their capabilities.

Don't forget James Shanes-all out & out racers which is what we pay to see & just hope if they they take a tumble they don't hurt themselves. Shanes is IMO, riding speedway like grasstrack and he needs to adapt.

Edited by OFMiles

Well lets take stock after last night's meeting.

Firstly it is confirmed that Hans has NOT suffered a neck fracture as first feared. GREAT NEWS. He will give his Swedish meeting a miss tonite but intends to race on Friday in Denmark!!

To be beaten fairly and squarely by 4 points, by (imo) the best team in the league, is no disgrace when missing one heat leader and only having 5 functioning riders, although I questioned the balance and riding order of the team when it was announced last night along with some of the r/r selections??!!

Well done Belle Vue.

Klindt is clearly unlikely to be fully fit for the foreseeable future but his 6.21 average after last night doesn't leave too many decent options!!!? The Poole Aussie boys were clearly out to show Mark Lemon the error of his Team Australia selections!! :-) Starkey scoring 9 points and having the race of the night, more than did his job, along with young Shanes - we've just been spoilt having Nicolai at reserve!!

KK returns for the Kings Lynn meeting on 12th July - but will there be another change by then - or later??

Having watched the meeting live and then the TV version this morning I was pleased with the BT approach but totally annoyed by Pearson's commentary as well as his continued banging on about Tai in his Matchday programme column. No bias there is there??!!!!!

I'm sure MF will have got all the reports on last night from his 'team' as he was unable to witness it first hand due to a prior commitment!!

Onwards and upwards. (ps. At least I gather from 'sources' that we could already have next season's main sponsors sorted!! ;-) )

Klindt scored exactly what Kerr did in the cup match in the 1-5 so you didnt lose out there.

Starke scoring only 9 compared to Klindts 13 in the first match was a loss of points but Jack Holder only scored 2 in the first meeting and then 12 this time.

Your number one scored 10 this time and last time he scored 8.

Putting it simply Belle Vues 1-7 is slightly better than Pooles

As you are into comparisons Gav the cup match saw Pooles 1 and 4 score paid 22 whereas last night 1 & 4 scored paid 14.

So putting it simply Belle Vues 1-7 last night was better than Poole's 6, inc only 2 heat leaders. But no complaints from me. As I said in my earlier post, Belle Vue won fairly and squarely on the night.

As you are into comparisons Gav the cup match saw Pooles 1 and 4 score paid 22 whereas last night 1 & 4 scored paid 14.

So putting it simply Belle Vues 1-7 last night was better than Poole's 6, inc only 2 heat leaders. But no complaints from me. As I said in my earlier post, Belle Vue won fairly and squarely on the night.

Thats fair.

I was looking at the fact that Holder hugely outscored what he did last time, and Kerr/Klindt scored similar to Starke/Klindt.

I just feel that currently even with a full 1-7 that Belle Vue are better.

However because the Poole boys tend to go well at the NSS over 2 legs it would be close. Hence why Belle Vue signed Tungate to try and create bigger home wins.

I still feel Wolves will win the league as they have the bigger home track advantage and are obviously capable of keeping the scores close in the away match at either Poole or Belle Vue

Whatever you've been drinking, i don't want any...

At least he's old enough to drink! :drink::rofl:

I have to say that words fail me regarding most of Shovlar's posts. He's either the forum's top wind up merchant or really does believe the blue tinted cobblers he posts. His rider assessments are way off as are his views (when he actually expresses them) about our track.

For me (a real Poole supporter);

Kurtz - a couple of dodgy rides but got dialled in to produce a No.1's performance in his last 3.

Holder - great nights racing and great to watch in the deep stuff! Nuff said.

R/R - Produced about the same as Zengi

Klindt - Shouldn't have been there, get that op ASAP!

Anderson - Fought hard after a really nasty smack on the back of his neck/noggin' What more can you ask for? Most would've pulled out but he knew we needed him so raced on. Respect.

Starke - Was awesome in heat 11, had me on the edge of my seat! Held his own the rest of the night. Can't argue with 9 from a reserve birth.

Shanes - Solid if not exceptional. Doing his job and deserves more than he gets.

As for BV they were all pretty good and most were great at some point. Worrall wasn't overly impressive and Smith found it hard going but Cookie was on fire! Rider of the night (with Holder a close second). Bjerre started off well but faded towards the end, Tungate was what you expect - a gutsy 7 points, Fricke was under par (possibly didn't feel at home on the bumpy track) and Bewley was very impressive in a couple of rides, deserved more that 6. Has a big future that kid.

Overall we were beaten by two things;

1) A better team on the night and

2) Klindt taking his place. If we had brought in a guest or had he been replaced immediately after his injury then we may well have got the extra few points needed for the win. I also have to question Middlo putting him out for his last ride, however he did get a point against Bewley!

As for the track, well it looked bad. Saying it gives us a home advantage is laughable! Look at what happened to Kyle and look at what (nearly) happened to Holder at least 2 or 3 times last night! You take a huge risk blasting around the outside and many riders just won't take this risk. Just look at Bjerre hugging the low line. He's not stupid! Hopefully something will be done to the track in the future and if that has to wait until the off season then so be it, but nobody can really defend it's current state at times.

Well there you have it folks :t:

• Like 5

I have to say that words fail me regarding most of Shovlar's posts. He's either the forum's top wind up merchant or really does believe the blue tinted cobblers he posts. His rider assessments are way off as are his views (when he actually expresses them) about our track.

For me (a real Poole supporter);

Kurtz - a couple of dodgy rides but got dialled in to produce a No.1's performance in his last 3.

Holder - great nights racing and great to watch in the deep stuff! Nuff said.

R/R - Produced about the same as Zengi

Klindt - Shouldn't have been there, get that op ASAP!

Anderson - Fought hard after a really nasty smack on the back of his neck/noggin' What more can you ask for? Most would've pulled out but he knew we needed him so raced on. Respect.

Starke - Was awesome in heat 11, had me on the edge of my seat! Held his own the rest of the night. Can't argue with 9 from a reserve birth.

Shanes - Solid if not exceptional. Doing his job and deserves more than he gets.

As for BV they were all pretty good and most were great at some point. Worrall wasn't overly impressive and Smith found it hard going but Cookie was on fire! Rider of the night (with Holder a close second). Bjerre started off well but faded towards the end, Tungate was what you expect - a gutsy 7 points, Fricke was under par (possibly didn't feel at home on the bumpy track) and Bewley was very impressive in a couple of rides, deserved more that 6. Has a big future that kid.

Overall we were beaten by two things;

1) A better team on the night and

2) Klindt taking his place. If we had brought in a guest or had he been replaced immediately after his injury then we may well have got the extra few points needed for the win. I also have to question Middlo putting him out for his last ride, however he did get a point against Bewley!

As for the track, well it looked bad. Saying it gives us a home advantage is laughable! Look at what happened to Kyle and look at what (nearly) happened to Holder at least 2 or 3 times last night! You take a huge risk blasting around the outside and many riders just won't take this risk. Just look at Bjerre hugging the low line. He's not stupid! Hopefully something will be done to the track in the future and if that has to wait until the off season then so be it, but nobody can really defend it's current state at times.

Well there you have it folks :t:

a fair assessment......unlike the total bias we get from Shovlar.

Had to laugh when Shovlar said ' the track is bad as it gives Poole home advantage'.

Quite possibly the most stupid comment ive heard on the forum

Talking of stupid isnt it funny how Starman just doesnt post when Poole lose or people moan about the track