British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Belle Vue Bt Sports 26/6/17

Also if you using r/r then you should be made to have a no8 rider. Cos if Nic or Hans pulled out last night we would have been completely screwed! Or allow guests again..

I have to say that words fail me regarding most of Shovlar's posts. He's either the forum's top wind up merchant or really does believe the blue tinted cobblers he posts. His rider assessments are way off as are his views (when he actually expresses them) about our track.

For me (a real Poole supporter);

Kurtz - a couple of dodgy rides but got dialled in to produce a No.1's performance in his last 3.

Holder - great nights racing and great to watch in the deep stuff! Nuff said.

R/R - Produced about the same as Zengi

Klindt - Shouldn't have been there, get that op ASAP!

Anderson - Fought hard after a really nasty smack on the back of his neck/noggin' What more can you ask for? Most would've pulled out but he knew we needed him so raced on. Respect.

Starke - Was awesome in heat 11, had me on the edge of my seat! Held his own the rest of the night. Can't argue with 9 from a reserve birth.

Shanes - Solid if not exceptional. Doing his job and deserves more than he gets.

As for BV they were all pretty good and most were great at some point. Worrall wasn't overly impressive and Smith found it hard going but Cookie was on fire! Rider of the night (with Holder a close second). Bjerre started off well but faded towards the end, Tungate was what you expect - a gutsy 7 points, Fricke was under par (possibly didn't feel at home on the bumpy track) and Bewley was very impressive in a couple of rides, deserved more that 6. Has a big future that kid.

Overall we were beaten by two things;

1) A better team on the night and

2) Klindt taking his place. If we had brought in a guest or had he been replaced immediately after his injury then we may well have got the extra few points needed for the win. I also have to question Middlo putting him out for his last ride, however he did get a point against Bewley!

As for the track, well it looked bad. Saying it gives us a home advantage is laughable! Look at what happened to Kyle and look at what (nearly) happened to Holder at least 2 or 3 times last night! You take a huge risk blasting around the outside and many riders just won't take this risk. Just look at Bjerre hugging the low line. He's not stupid! Hopefully something will be done to the track in the future and if that has to wait until the off season then so be it, but nobody can really defend it's current state at times.

Well there you have it folks :t:

So you basically repeat the report I made last night. You really do come across as a condescending. A very bad trait. Such a shame the Poole forum was closed but from what I have been told from others you were one of the reasons Matt Ford closed it.

At least I go to the stadium every week and follow the team away. You nearly fell off your seat.......from the comfort of your living room sofa. Are you ever at Wimborne Road? Once or twice a season?

True poole fan my arse. Gavins lacky more like.Lol!

I've seen many track surfaces like that before, often just before the track closes down. With the shadow of the scourge of Reading, Swindon, and now Torquay United hovering it does give mild cause for concern, after all why bother spending on something that might not be around much longer?

Edited by Rob McCaffery

I've seen many track surfaces like that before, often just before the track closes down. With the shadow of the scourge of Reading, Swindon, and now Torquay United hovering it does give mild cause for concern, after all why bother spending on something that might not be around much longer?

Why would the council close it down? They are supportive of speedway in the town. And they own the stadium.

Why would the council close it down? They are supportive of speedway in the town. And they own the stadium.

So we keep being told...

Poole council can't keep toilets open in the town so I don't think they worry to much about shutting the stadium for housing if the situation arise !!!

Ideal place to build houses !!!

With Stadia involved no one should be surprised if they convince the Council to do that.

• Like 1

It wouldn't cost that much to rip up the track on the bends and relay it.The track is a nice size and shape but way too bumpy and dangerous to ride.Come on Matt sort it out.

Looking like a Wolves v Belle Vue final , these 2 teams are the best in the league at the moment..........but we all know that form in June is irrelevant its who you have in your 1-7 by the end of August

With Stadia involved no one should be surprised if they convince the Council to do that.

Hmm, think of all that council tax.

It wouldn't cost that much to rip up the track on the bends and relay it.The track is a nice size and shape but way too bumpy and dangerous to ride.Come on Matt sort it out.

You ride it do you ?

Looking like a Wolves v Belle Vue final , these 2 teams are the best in the league at the moment..........but we all know that form in June is irrelevant its who you have in your 1-7 by the end of August

Or it could be september..

Gaming International (formerly Stadia UK) have a record of getting what they want - and it's not building stadia.......

Gaming International (formerly Stadia UK) have a record of getting what they want - and it's not building stadia.......

No your right...

No body is talking about building a new stadium. Poole Council's house building plans - across the whole of Poole - recommend a reduced number of 430 homes (from the original 550) to be located on land that overlaps onto the lorry/car park of the stadium.

As the stadium site is designated for leisure use and the Council and Poole Tourism are very firmly supportive of Speedway continuing (MF did a presentation to them all - yes all - last season), they have now involved Stadia UK as the current stadium leaseholder in producing plans to 'upgrade' the existing stadium facility for the continuation of 2 sports - Greyhound and Speedway racing!!

From a fans perspective such an upgrade would see the old main grandstand pulled down and replaced with something more modern - and likely modular. Replacement offices and bars underneath the grandstand and on the 3rd/4th bend should also be included together with improved covered terracing. This may mean a slight change to the track - both in size and position?!

However there are currently no plans in the public arena(sic) so further comment is pure speculation. However this is being driven by the Council so expect the pressure to be kept on and MF to be kept fully informed.

Matt and the Council are keen for there to be no interruption of either sport if possible so expect a 'phased' approach.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Well lets take stock after last night's meeting.

Firstly it is confirmed that Hans has NOT suffered a neck fracture as first feared. GREAT NEWS. He will give his Swedish meeting a miss tonite but intends to race on Friday in Denmark!!

To be beaten fairly and squarely by 4 points, by (imo) the best team in the league, is no disgrace when missing one heat leader and only having 5 functioning riders, although I questioned the balance and riding order of the team when it was announced last night along with some of the r/r selections??!!

Well done Belle Vue.

Klindt is clearly unlikely to be fully fit for the foreseeable future but his 6.21 average after last night doesn't leave too many decent options!!!? The Poole Aussie boys were clearly out to show Mark Lemon the error of his Team Australia selections!! :-) Starkey scoring 9 points and having the race of the night, more than did his job, along with young Shanes - we've just been spoilt having Nicolai at reserve!!

KK returns for the Kings Lynn meeting on 12th July - but will there be another change by then - or later??

Whatever the state of the track - and it was quite poor last night - I doubt that there will be any major work carried out on it until the Stadium developments/changes/improvements are made clear by Stadia UK - especially if any changes involve a 're-positioning' of the track and/or the stadium?!

Having watched the meeting live and then the TV version this morning I was pleased with the BT approach but totally annoyed by Pearson's commentary as well as his continued banging on about Tai in his Matchday programme column. No bias there is there??!!!!!

I'm sure MF will have got all the reports on last night from his 'team' as he was unable to witness it first hand due to a prior commitment!!

Onwards and upwards. (ps. At least I gather from 'sources' that we could already have next season's main sponsors sorted!! ;-) )

Some on here said Starke was average like you said he mixed it took risks rode well and Shanes did his job Holder and Kurtz Poole have a great foundation for the future if there is one.?