British Speedway Forum
briggo

Time For Top 5 Russians

I would go with Briggoes selections, G laguta would get in but cant because of his career path.

But he has been consistently one of the top 10 riders in the world, arguably until last season. I think he certainly deserves inclusion ahead of a number of riders listed here.
  • Like 1

But he has been consistently one of the top 10 riders in the world, arguably until last season. I think he certainly deserves inclusion ahead of a number of riders listed here.

I have always been a fan,but up until this year he has never really bothered about the GPS for me he has been in a safety zone.

Knockimov

Shovimov

Pushimov

Havimov

Whackimov.. :wink:

Thought Nikki Pedersen was Danish.

• Like 1

You never saw them together in the West, so just added to the myth/mystique........then they toured together over here in '74 I think

They did indeed & also appeared at Wembley for the World Final in 1975, although Vladimir didn't get a ride. I saw them both at Exeter in 1976.

They did indeed & also appeared at Wembley for the World Final in 1975, although Vladimir didn't get a ride. I saw them both at Exeter in 1976.

And I saw them both at the 1976 WTC Final at White City...

Steve

I mean russian no USRR

1) Grigorij Łaguta

2) Emil Sajfutdinow

3) Michaił Starostin

4) Rif Saitgariejew

4) Rinat Mardanszin

On 23.06.2017 at 5:22 PM, iris123 said:

Trofimov has i think , since the break up of the Soviet Union be designated a Ukrainian rider...

Viktor Trofimov and Grigoriy Khlinovsky are the riders of the team "Raduga" (Rovno).

Rovno/Rivne is Ukraine.

In the team championship of the USSR, the team performed from 1962 to 1979.

Viktor Trofimov is the only rider in Rovno who has been in the team for all 18 seasons (1962-1979).

Grigoriy Khlinovsky acted in a team of 13 seasons (1966, 1968-1979).

• Like 2