British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Glasgow 25/6/17 Championship

Both teams at full strength for what should be a absorbing contest, Glasgow have the riders to make it difficult and have an impressive away record this season and with results not always going the Panthers way recently they will be desperate to avoid another home defeat.

Weather forecast is good and meeting starts at 5.00pm

• Like 1

if home fans dont turn out in their numbers for this one . they dont deserve speedway at peterborough .. come on cats followers , support your team and outnumber the bigger cats fans .

you wont out drink them , but make em feel small ..

you wont out drink them ,

Wont outdrink anyone at Peterborough prices lol

• Like 5

Looking forward to this one, should be a cracking meeting.

Hopefully it's a dry but dull day and plenty of water gets put down to keep the dust to a minimum.

'Devils on tour' will be supporting this meeting

Message for all Tiger fans attending on Sunday.. bring your own food and drink as the showground prices are extortionate .

• Like 1

Message for all Tiger fans attending on Sunday.. bring your own food and drink as the showground prices are extortionate .

Devils on tour is the Plymouth fans as far as I'm aware?

and complete tripe! Peterborough Services, 5 mins from the track, and the foot stays warm till you take your seats, that's my advice!

Devils on tour is the Plymouth fans as far as I'm aware?

OK it's a Peterborough v Glasgow thread but probably I should have said all speedway supporters who are not aware of the showground food and drink prices should consider buying there food and drinks elsewhere before entering the venue. I was just trying to be helpful towards fellow supporters and don't want them to get ripped off.

and complete tripe! Peterborough Services, 5 mins from the track, and the foot stays warm till you take your seats, that's my advice!

Thick socks?

• Like 1

Thick jocks?

edited with no malice intended 😜
  • Like 1

100% malice intended.

Thought more of you than that taps.

:nono:;)

if home fans dont turn out in their numbers for this one . they dont deserve speedway at peterborough .. come on cats followers , support your team and outnumber the bigger cats fans .

you wont out drink them , but make em feel small ..

Of course Pathers fans will outnumber Glasgow fans. Are you on drugs or something?

You obviously found it hard to disguise your glee when you read comments about the crowd being down at yesterday's meeting v Berwick, and it's given you ammunition for more of your snidey little pops at Peterborough Panthers.

Fact is, Panthers' attendances have been up and quite healthy all season. Two home meetings in three days is bound to have an effect - despite some people claiming that it shouldn't make any difference. In the real world of course it does; people simply don't budget for speedway in 'off' weeks.

Anyway, I'm confident that the attendance will be back to something like 'normal' tomorrow v Glasgow.

Peterborough Services? The food there isn't exactly cheap either... and most of it is cr4p.

FWIW, my advice is to take a small bag with a nice homemade sandwich and a flask of tea (or whatever takes your fancy).

OK it's a Peterborough v Glasgow thread but probably I should have said all speedway supporters who are not aware of the showground food and drink prices should consider buying there food and drinks elsewhere before entering the venue. I was just trying to be helpful towards fellow supporters and don't want them to get ripped off.

In the interests of fairness - and to clip Jenga's wings before he seizes on it for more snidey pops - Peterborough Panthers have nothing to do with the catering at the EoES.

Edited by PE7Panther

Of course Pathers fans will outnumber Glasgow fans. Are you on drugs or something?

You obviously found it hard to disguise your glee when you read comments about the crowd being down at yesterday's meeting v Berwick, and it's given you ammunition for more of your snidey little pops at Peterborough Panthers.

Fact is, Panthers' attendances have been up and quite healthy all season. Two home meetings in three days is bound to have an effect - despite some people claiming that it shouldn't make any difference. In the real world of course it does; people simply don't budget for speedway in 'off' weeks.

Anyway, I'm confident that the attendance will be back to something like 'normal' tomorrow v Glasgow.

Peterborough Services? The food there isn't exactly cheap either... and most of it is cr4p.

FWIW, my advice is to take a small bag with a nice homemade sandwich and a flask of tea (or whatever takes your fancy).

In the interests of fairness - and to clip Jenga's wings before he seizes on it for more snidey pops - Peterborough Panthers have nothing to do with the catering at the EoES.

True its the greedy showground management who charge over the top rentals to venders forcing there prices up to make ends meet . Absolutely nothing to do with speedway finances and the venders are made to look bad as well,

• Like 1

Wont outdrink anyone at Peterborough prices lol

avoid the wagon behind the stand. £4.50 for a burger, £2.80 for a coffee