British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Glasgow 25/6/17 Championship

Didn't live up to expectations but what is it with away side at Peterborough.

Glasgow gated ok but constantly curb crawled and the Panthers blasted round the outside.

Good to see ulrich doing so well after all the stick he's taken. Also still finding it amazing that Harris was able to fit into the team when at the start of the season he couldn't. Hope we didn't hinder your plans for another change 😯

Any team can have an off day. Glasgow still best team in this league imo!

Lawson not doing himself any favours in trying to justify his outburst at omission from GB squad!

One bad meeting doesnt justify a bad rider. He's scored double figures in all his Somerset meetings so far. If the track was as bald as reported that wouldn't suit him however its the same for everyone and he is experienced enough to know what he should have done to fix it.

• Like 1

Even the best teams have off days. Glasgow are still a class act.

Meanwhile there must be a youngster around who can do a better job than Hall.

• Like 5

What size was the crowd today? hope it was better than fridays

double I would guess but still not as good as previous weeks

• Like 2

The result wont harm Glasgow in any way

No impact on their ensured place in the play iffs and perhaps a kick up the butt that spurs them on/ stops any possible complacency

Does show just how good Boro can be and that they can be a threat to any team home or away. Will dish out some big defeats to a few at the showground before the end of the season

I reckon Alan Rossiter has a rather smug grin on his boat tonight

I reckon Alan Rossiter has a rather smug grin on his boat tonight

When does he not. :blink:

Awful from the heatleaders from Glasgow but that's what happens building a team that way, when it's bad it's bad! Certainly our best win of the season, need those away from home.

6 out of the 7 were superb

Our heatleader trio have been supberb all season so not going to slate them on one performance.

Peterborough must get all the plaudits from me,and shows some on here that continually slate them exactly what they can do.

We have to just move on from this it happens but no concerns from me on this Glasgow team we will be there or thereabouts at the business end.

But we'll done to the Panthers on doing what nobody else has this season.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 3

Pleased with the teams performance today with the exception of Richard Hall. I think that was the first time this season that as have had a 5-1 in heat 1.Tom Bacon has improved a lot and gets to the 2nd bend in a good position but has to learn to ride a wider line. Disappointed with Richard Lawson but on checking last year, he only got 4 points from 5 rides. He is still a good rider just not at the Showground. We now have to win next week against Ipswich to prove to the fans that we are not that bad a team.

• Like 3

The result wont harm Glasgow in any way

No impact on their ensured place in the play iffs and perhaps a kick up the butt that spurs them on/ stops any possible complacency

Does show just how good Boro can be and that they can be a threat to any team home or away. Will dish out some big defeats to a few at the showground before the end of the season

Next Sunday won't be one of them though... :cheers:

• Like 1

Superb Panthers performance..and I for one am shocked by this result based on our last 2 home performances,why have we waited so long for this!? Apart from Hall the whole team were superb. Bacon is getting faster by the week and is a demon gater but needs to get out wide..Harris should spend some track time with him and they can teach each other a thing or 2!..Would love to know what Ulrich has changed. All of halls races were over after the first turn..not working out for him at all..wonder what will happen.

After so much doom n gloom well done boys!🤜💣🗯️👍

Edited by Lukas

job well done by the puddy,s .

helped along by hall and lawson . both counteracting each other out .

ged breathes easier ! any chance of taking hall off your hands in place of sarj who has broken something ?

Edited by jenga