Anthony Queripel

Hugh Saunders

23 hours ago, Puma23 said:

Marcus Bisson

Stefan Dunne

Dave Patten

Anthony Queripel

Hugh Saunders

Dave Patten rode second halves at Swindon in 1975 with the likes of Melvin Soffe,Paul Tapp, Kevin Hawkins, Glyn Facey, Gary Spencer Barry Dukey Duke( did a few in 75) Dave rode 1 meeting for the Robins.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Dave Patten rode second halves at Swindon in 1975 with the likes of Melvin Soffe,Paul Tapp, Kevin Hawkins, Glyn Facey, Gary Spencer Barry Dukey Duke( did a few in 75) Dave rode 1 meeting for the Robins.

...some names there Sid! Remember them well. Remember Kevin Pope?

Paul Tapp and Kevin Hawkins regularly rode during second halves (sadly missed in my opinion) at Cowley. Recall Gary Spencer turning out at Pete Jarman's Training Schools that were held at Oxford during the winter of 75/76.

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1

Just now, steve roberts said:

...some names there Sid! Remember them well. Remember Kevin Pope?

Paul Tapp and Kevin Hawkins regularly rode during second halves (sadly missed in my opinion) at Cowley. Recall Gary Spencer turning at Pete Jarman's Training Schools that were held at Oxford during the winter of 75/76.

Remember Kevin Pope very well he was a main rival to Malc Holloway along with Kevin Young,Richard Evans in the Junior jaunt races.Before that in the early 70s i can remember Billy Wall, Bobo Valentine, Martin Hitch all being regular second halfers going back to Wellie I never in my wildest dreams believed he would of had the career he did as you mentioned SNR Hawkins turned out good as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Remember Kevin Pope very well he was a main rival to Malc Holloway along with Kevin Young,Richard Evans in the Junior jaunt races.Before that in the early 70s i can remember Billy Wall, Bobo Valentine, Martin Hitch all being regular second halfers going back to Wellie I never in my wildest dreams believed he would of had the career he did as you mentioned SNR Hawkins turned out good as well.

Kevin Pope rode in second halves at Tilehurst (1973) if I remember before moving on to Swindon due to the closure of Reading in 1974.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

Kevin Pope rode in second halves at Tilehurst (1973) if I remember before moving on to Swindon due to the closure of Reading in 1974.

Swindon after Ashby, Kilb,Keen did quite well with young British local  riders the second halves are greatly missed in my opinion.Holloway,Rosco,Hewlett(,Bless him), Smart brothers,Chessell's, all turned out good the grounding in second halves for me was very tough brutal at times but really brought riders on some often novices.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

Marcus Bisson was not just a speedway rider he also rode:

Sandracing ( Certainly the best in G.B. in his heyday).

Grass Track ( top level including one half of British pairs champions).

Hill Climb (accomplished rider with several records I believe).

Road Racing (rode in the manx with times to qualify for the following years TT didn't get a ride due to oversubscribed centenary).

Moto X  (not sure what results are other than a broken leg).

Conclusion, the top channel Island motor cyclist with out doubt, & up there with the great Arthur Browning as Great Britain's top all rounders.

P.S.  Terry le Maine? was a sand racer who had second halfs @ Exeter 1967ish  I remember that he crashed a lot. Later to become big in  C.I. government.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Marcus Bisson was not just a speedway rider he also rode:

Sandracing ( Certainly the best in G.B. in his heyday).
Grass Track ( top level including one half of British pairs champions).
Hill Climb (accomplished rider with several records I believe).
Road Racing (rode in the manx with times to qualify for the following years TT didn't get a ride due to oversubscribed centenary).
Moto X  (not sure what results are other than a broken leg).
Conclusion, the top channel Island motor cyclist with out doubt, & up there with the great Arthur Browning as Great Britain's top all rounders.
P.S.  Terry le Maine? was a sand racer who had second halfs @ Exeter 1967ish  I remember that he crashed a lot. Later to become big in  C.I. government.

Marc Bisson was Runner-Up to Danny Warwick in the first resurrected 'ACU British Sand Racing Championship' of 2011.
The historical background to Sand Racing and all the Guernsey 'Sand Ace' results from 2006, as well as a summary of the Championships of 1970 - '90, can be found here, (scroll down to the last section.)  http://www.speedwaychampions.com/long-track-champions.php
-