British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jackofdiamonds

Newcastle V Workington Championship Ko Cup 2nd Leg Sunday June 25

just wondering what other fans think of the team G.B. being picked from championship team members and if they are so good , why are they not plying their trade solely in the upper crust leagues .

is this the sad state the the so called premiership (elite) league finds itself in ?

and yes , i know we have one in our team !

just wondering what other fans think of the team G.B. being picked from championship team members and if they are so good , why are they not plying their trade solely in the upper crust leagues .

is this the sad state the the so called premiership (elite) league finds itself in ?

The Championship/ Premier league has been propping up the Elite/premier for years... The Elite league used every trick in the book, 2 8 pointers, Exploiting Fast track reserves, doubling up blah blah etc just to keep it going.
  • Like 2

is there many Brits that solely have a Prem/Elite team spot that could represent Team GB at a satisfactory level ? Edited by ruffdiamond

Maybe it's time for the British leagues to be restructured yet again and before anyone jumps on my back, do I have confidence in the BSPA doing this I would have to say emphatically no I don't, it needs an independent body to sort this mess out, but I wont hold my breath on that.

• Like 1

Maybe it's time for the British leagues to be restructured yet again and before anyone jumps on my back, do I have confidence in the BSPA doing this I would have to say emphatically no I don't, it needs an independent body to sort this mess out, but I wont hold my breath on that.

I have been banging on about an independent company with no club affiliations for ages.

Not likely to happen though too many people's self interests would suffer , only way I can see the sport restore some credibility though before it is too late.

• Like 1

As far as i'm aware, we only have access to the track on the day of a meeting.

Maybe we snuck in :o

Or maybe the dog people just put their tractors on our track to get them out of the way a second

Or maybe the dog people just put their tractors on our track to get them out of the way a second

maybe they were just trying out tractor racing after they heard about how much of it was going on, on Sunday night ;)

• Like 1

Could the new owners be more receptive than Wm Hill?

yeah, maybe they do the track for us, for cheaper rent, lol

Could the new owners be more receptive than Wm Hill?

Same local staff unfortunately.

I have been banging on about an independent company with no club affiliations for ages.

Not likely to happen though too many people's self interests would suffer , only way I can see the sport restore some credibility though before it is too late.

put mine and jenga's name down for it.

• Like 1

workinton to sign kennett and K.K.H. ........... honest ! .. pits marshal @ newcastle told me it was on and ready .

Edited by jenga

workinton to sign kennett and K.K.H. ........... honest ! .. pits marshal @ newcastle told me it was on and ready .

carn't see where yill get any improvement there like.

• Like 1