British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Lakeside V Iow Sun 25th June 3 Pm

Glad I gave it a miss by the look of that score. Only one rider in heat 15 aswell?

A poor meeting watched by a decent crowd. At least the rain that was forecast failed to arrive.

IOW just went through the motions this was not racing ,i know theres is the biggest track in the country and Lakeside is one of the smallest but there is plenty of experience in the IOW side and they were pathetic, Lakeside nearly had a max + 3 paid maximen in our side till Alfie given a run out in heat 15 dropped a point to Coles by a whisker on the line.....Delayed start to the meeting by half an hour not sure of the reason ? but Connor Lock never turned up till 20 past three then had his best meeting so far . This does nothing to keep the fans coming through the turnstiles especially when followed by the worst meeting seen this year ..Track staff worked hard to keep the dust down but there was some in some races unfortunately...Score 63- 27 SAYS IT ALL REALLY.......rant over........

Well I have to admit that was the most boring meeting I've seen in a long time. Great that the Hammers looked strong, and especially pleased for Alfie Bowtell who is a real battler. Nice too for Nick Laurence and Connor Locke to bag a few points. Having said that, the opposition were very poor. Excuses were made regarding injuries and mechanical issues for them only tracking one rider in the last heat, but they weren't very convincing. Not a great advert for the sport today.

Absolutely awful. Lakeside delaying the meeting for 35 mins as a rider hasn't arrived? Dreadful IOW team who took the mickey by fielding 1 rider in heat 15. Wilson the worst no 1 I've seen at Arena at any level

I'm afraid this was on a par with the Arena vs Bradford off-night staging in 1996 for entertainment. The haves and have nots of the NL the last couple of years reminds me of the conference when it first started...

...and from what I understand reading the Lakeside Hammers Press Release, another thriller due on Friday, July 14, when the Buxton Hitmen are at Arena Essex Raceway.

I do not understand your comment in regard cut and paste - unless you refer to LAKESIDE HAMMERS PRESS RELEASE? I place this with the consent and support of the club to ensure the Press releases are seen by as many supporters as possible. I cannot actually comment on the track, management, riders, because I have never seen a team - even from the Arena Essex era - in action.

Do you seriously think the fans are so dim they can't find their way to the Lakeside website for exact same information you persistently cut and paste?

I do not understand your comment in regard cut and paste - unless you refer to LAKESIDE HAMMERS PRESS RELEASE? I place this with the consent and support of the club to ensure the Press releases are seen by as many supporters as possible. I cannot actually comment on the track, management, riders, because I have never seen a team - even from the Arena Essex era - in action.

'Don't shoot the messenger"!

And a straight cut-and-paste of Lakeside Hammers club information is far from me "...simply rehashing the thoughts of others?..."

For your interest, if you want to read some comments by me - visit YEARS GONE BY on the BSF. Especially the latest offerings in regard to American riders. I am able to scramble a few sentences together when needed as you may notice!a

Do you seriously think the fans are so dim they can't find their way to the Lakeside website for exact same information you persistently cut and paste?

Lakeside Hammers are pleased that their Press Releases are given coverage on the BSF. I suggest that you complain directly to the club that you find the matter of my placing them on the BSF objectionable. They will then possibly advise me to stop giving their club extra coverage on the BSF.

And well spotted about the use of the Press Releases - the first one actually appeared on April 4 this year.

Edited by Guest

The IOW are not the force they want to be, obviously. Must be difficult to get riders to make the trip across the Solent every week for home matches,

especially when all the riders at this level ( except those doubling up) have jobs to hold down.

Absolutely awful. Lakeside delaying the meeting for 35 mins as a rider hasn't arrived? Dreadful IOW team who took the mickey by fielding 1 rider in heat 15. Wilson the worst no 1 I've seen at Arena at any level

Way to treat your fans Cook.

Isn't it about time that the referees had total control of the meeting, instead of being dictated to by the promoters. This way meetings might start and finish on time, barring accidents.

Way to treat your fans Cook.

Their was problems with the dartford tunnel apparently which meant possibly fans missing the start of the meeting, should he just have started at 3pm with them fans missing first few heats? Edited by liam

I checked on the AA site Liam when i saw on twitter the meeting had been delayed, there was no traffic problems in the area what so ever, these lies from Cook just keep on adding up.

• Like 1