British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Lakeside V Iow Sun 25th June 3 Pm

I checked on the AA site Liam when i saw on twitter the meeting had been delayed, there was no traffic problems in the area what so ever, these lies from Cook just keep on adding up.

I followed the meeting updates from lakeside live and they also posted about the problems?

So did I but whatever they said it was only going to what everyone else was told at the track and I wish I had taken a screen grab to prove it but there was nothing happening on the roads which would have affected those coming from Kent, they simply made that excuse up to con the ref and the public into delaying the start to wait for a rider who should have been at the track at least one hour before it's due parade.

There were indeed some problems with traffic in the area. The Lakeside Shopping Centre had, for some reason, closed off about 50% of its parking areas as I found out to my cost. Cars were queueing to even enter car parks and there was an element of traffic 'backing up' in the surrounding area..

I cannot speak for the approach from the Kent side however, as I did not travel from that direction.

Edited by TonyE

There wasn't anything showing on the map to any degree and certainly nothing that warranted a delayed start of some 30 minutes, meetings should start on time regardless anyway, on a Sunday there is no excuse for people not allowing enough time for there journey.

IOW just went through the motions this was not racing ,i know theres is the biggest track in the country and Lakeside is one of the smallest but there is plenty of experience in the IOW side and they were pathetic, Lakeside nearly had a max + 3 paid maximen in our side till Alfie given a run out in heat 15 dropped a point to Coles by a whisker on the line.....Delayed start to the meeting by half an hour not sure of the reason ? but Connor Lock never turned up till 20 past three then had his best meeting so far . This does nothing to keep the fans coming through the turnstiles especially when followed by the worst meeting seen this year ..Track staff worked hard to keep the dust down but there was some in some races unfortunately...Score 63- 27 SAYS IT ALL REALLY.......rant over........

I'm sure you'll get over it !!

Guest GiveusaB

Doesnt help when you have a cr#p race track !!! Never seen a good meeting at Lakeside regardless of who's riding there tbh !

Doesnt help when you have a cr#p race track !!! Never seen a good meeting at Lakeside regardless of who's riding there tbh !

Waco has always had a downer on the IOW because Ben has never been able to master the track

So did I but whatever they said it was only going to what everyone else was told at the track and I wish I had taken a screen grab to prove it but there was nothing happening on the roads which would have affected those coming from Kent, they simply made that excuse up to con the ref and the public into delaying the start to wait for a rider who should have been at the track at least one hour before it's due parade.

Well a quick look on twitter for M25 live which anyone can do right now confirms there was congestion from the A2 anti clockwise and from the A12 clockwise. Maybe Cook runs the M25 live twitter account?

There were indeed some problems with traffic in the area. The Lakeside Shopping Centre had, for some reason, closed off about 50% of its parking areas as I found out to my cost. Cars were queueing to even enter car parks and there was an element of traffic 'backing up' in the surrounding area..

I cannot speak for the approach from the Kent side however, as I did not travel from that direction.

Think Cook must have shut the car parks to back up his story of traffic ;)

There are was of avoiding the M25 queues by using the side roads leading up to the tunnel when coming from Kent.

You get caught up in traffic eventually but not more than 20 minutes as a rule to get through.

Anyone would think there were thousands of supporters affected; thus causing this inordinate delay!

A Micky Mouse League; supplemented by a Two Bob Promotion.

Anyone would think there were thousands of supporters affected; thus causing this inordinate delay!

A Micky Mouse League; supplemented by a Two Bob Promotion.

Yeah, surely the majority were already there and were just getting frustrated/bored.