British Speedway Forum

Well as we enter the halfway stage I have to say this is as good a GP series as I can Remember. They messed up the track for round 1, a shame as have seen some cracking GPs there in the past.

Anyway since then its been unreal racing in the following rounds. I guess it's easy. Put the best riders on well prepared tracks and the racing will be great. Crowds look like they are good at every event thus far, the racing has been out of this world and its so competitive its borderline impossible to pick a winner in a race let alone an entire GP. Even Lindback who's bottom of the pile isn't riding badly.
Interesting to see if Dudek can hold out down the stretch. Will Woffinden, Hancock, Holder be able to come good in the 2nd half of the season. Will Lindgren, Vaculik tail off... So many possibilities..

One Gripe, Poland shouldn't have 3 rounds. UK could easily have a 2nd round in Manchester.

• Like 2

One Gripe, Poland shouldn't have 3 rounds. UK could easily have a 2nd round in Manchester.

I'll be honest and say I think they should have more. Best tracks and racing by far.

Polish crowd levels can sustain 3 rounds. I'm not sure Britain could sustain 2 until they can sell out one.

Polish crowd levels can sustain 3 rounds. I'm not sure Britain could sustain 2 until they can sell out one.

Cardiff will never sell out as it's too big a stadium. If we had Belle Vue that would sell out just as the SWC did.

Cardiff will never sell out as it's too big a stadium. If we had Belle Vue that would sell out just as the SWC did.

BUT would some fans then give Cardiff a miss?

• Like 1

My point exactly.

If Belle Vue was before Cardiff it would no doubt sell out,and given the standard of racing at NSS it might attract more fans to Cardiff.You just can't tell,I personally would love to see aSGP at Belle Vue.

Even if it was a sell out it would attract one of the smallest crowds of the GP season.

Even if it was a sell out it would attract one of the smallest crowds of the GP season.

Really? Didn't it hold 10000 or 120000 for the swc final? (Wiki says 18k which I think is wrong). How many GPS outside Poland get more than that? Cardiff, Melbourne. ..?

I'd be surprised if there was any significant impact on Cardiff.

If they were spaced far enough apart they would sell out Manchester and still get north of 40k at Cardiff, no question.

Id love round 1 in Manchester. Great way to start the series. IF (bloody big if) Cookie qualifies, maybe they would have more interested in a round in Manchester.

I'll be honest and say I think they should have more. Best tracks and racing by far.

They do have gerat tracks but it an unfair advantage to the Pols. Also there are plenty of other great tracks/ Stadiums that could be used.

Edited by RPNYC

Really? Didn't it hold 10000 or 120000 for the swc final? (Wiki says 18k which I think is wrong). How many GPS outside Poland get more than that? Cardiff, Melbourne. ..?

I'd be surprised if there was any significant impact on Cardiff.

Capacity as it stands is 6000 is it not?

If there were a decent gap between the 2 GPs I doubt it. I would do both.

• Like 1

Capacity as it stands is 6000 is it not?

Yes, but if they hosted a gp a pre requisite would no doubt be that they bring in temporary seating as they did for the SWC.

Think a lot would do both although maybe for the first year some would choose Manchester as a weekend break instead of Cardiff? I personally prefer Cardiff but could imagine a usually well prepped NSS would be immense, btw 9 days to go getting exciting now!

Especially after all this monotonous tennis coverage!

Mind you don't know who's more excited me or the kids have missed out for a few seasons sadly

A good Manchester GP could interest people and get them to Cardiff. The two venues must be 200 miles apart so its a different customer base. .

Edited by marky