Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

Does Cup Matches Count On The Riders Average

Cheers lads.Did wonder after the Wolves v Lynn meeting.

My understanding is that it was recently agreed that the 1st Round KO Cup matches would now count towards a riders' average on the basis that each of the 8 clubs will have ridden in the 1st Round.

My understanding is that it was recently agreed that the 1st Round KO Cup matches would now count towards a riders' average on the basis that each of the 8 clubs will have ridden in the 1st Round.

Nothing in the rules to back this up. Regulations still state :- "16.2.1 ESTABLISHED MA’s are calculated, for a specified number of applicable Meetings, taking account of the number of heats and points (excluding Bonus Points) that a rider has scored. The applicable Meetings are:

SGB Premiership: League Meetings, excluding the Play-Offs"

Nothing in the rules to back this up. Regulations still state :- "16.2.1 ESTABLISHED MA’s are calculated, for a specified number of applicable Meetings, taking account of the number of heats and points (excluding Bonus Points) that a rider has scored. The applicable Meetings are:

SGB Premiership: League Meetings, excluding the Play-Offs"

That wouldn`t stop the BSPA though would it !!!

That wouldn`t stop the BSPA though would it !!!

Well I must admit, I wouldn't fall over if it happened.

next someone should ask if heat 15 counts towards the averages...

We al know the answer to that is YES and we all (thought) we knew the answer to the thread question was NO- but now it`s a YES/YES situation so only the BSPA wins. :lol:

That would explain Tungate's sudden change in average then...

what is doesnt explain is why they still waited for ALL teams to complete 4h 4a LEAGUE matches

If they are using the KOCup 1st round as well in the calculations then the move to real averages couldve been arranged earlier than it was. Effectively have now waited for 5h 5a

• Like 1