British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
britmet

British Sand Racing Championship 2017

The 2017 ACU British Sand Racing Championships staged at Vazon bay, Guernsey on Saturday (24th June) were won by Paul Cooper, solo's, and father and son pairing of Rod & Billy Winterburn in the 1000cc sidecar class, a 4th success for the Winterburn family.

Defending solo champ Zach Wajtknecht started the day well by taking the Bahnrekord at 23.94 secs but things then went downhill, troubled with engine problems. He conceded his first and his last heats to 2016 runner-up Paul Cooper and had to drop out of his other 2 rides, failing to make the Final. Cooper was undefeated on the day and took the British Title from Daniel Winterton after Andrew Whitaker, sitting comfortably in 2nd place, went off the track on a wet corner.
Previous years championship results can be found here

500_Solo_results_2017.jpg
1000cc_Sidecar_Results_2017.jpg

I found these details rather interesting and saw a couple of familiar names in the solo class. Can you recognise and name them?

The sidecar classes also look well attended

I look forward to reading more results and fixture details.

I found these details rather interesting and saw a couple of familiar names in the solo class. Can you recognise and name them?

The sidecar classes also look well attended

I look forward to reading more results and fixture details.

Here's the fixture list of the Guernsey club for 2017,

http://www.gmccc.co.uk/aaa/Racing%20Calendar%202017.pdf

and the results so far,

http://www.gmccc.co.uk/Sand%20Racing/2017/Main%20Page%202017.htm