British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BobC

British U19 Championships Plymouth Thursday 6th July 2017

Does anyone know the formula for tomorrow, is it decided after 20 heats or do we have a semi and final.

Was announced at last weeks meeting that there are 22 races,So that means a semi final and Final. A bargain at just £10 too!

Really looking forward to this. Zach looked good for Swindon a few weeks ago. JPB also looked good last week. Bewley has been in fine form all season and can handle small tracks, as has been said, rode at Edinburgh last season. Have had rave reports from my friends at Mildenhall regarding Jenkins, although Ive not seen him ride yet. Dont think he has ridden at SBA yet either. Dont discount Greaves, Brennan or even our own Henry Atkins.All capable of beating each other, so for me its wide open.

Copied and paste from the Devils Forum. The draw is...

1) Dan Bewley, 2) Jordan Jenkins, 3) Callum Walker, 4) Luke Harris, 5) Kyle Bickley, 6) Jack Parkinson Blackburn, 7) Luke Woodhull, 8) Nathan Greaves, 9) Jamie Halder, 10) Tom Brennan, 11) Ben Woodhull, 12) Jack Thomas, 13) Henry Atkins, 14) Jack Smith, 15) Joe Lawlor, 16) Zach Wajtknecht. 17) TBC 18) TBC.

Gates open 5.30. Parade 6.50. first race 7pm.Adults £10, Child 10-16 an dStudents (with card) £5 ; Under 10’s FREE. Family ticket (2a+ 2c) £25. Programme £2.50

Read more: http://plymouthdevils.proboards.com/thread/9043/british-championship-thursday-july-6th#ixzz4lw6QhB4H

It is a straight 20 heats, only extra races if needed to determine 1st 2nd or 3rd. ( from Laurence Rogers/Neil Vatcher) Hopefully will give Young Henry Atkins a better chance as he will already be dialled into the track, whereas Bewley might need a race to sort out his setup. Let's hope it's a good crowd.

Most pleasing to see 4 riders from Belle Vue plus Ben Wooodhull who is an Aces asset riding tonight.

Greta line up overall...hope they get a good crowd in.

Beautiful day here in Torquay, 30 miles away. Absolute scorcher!

I am going to be cheering for home favourite, Henry Atkins, although I think it will be a big ask. Double figures would be a massive result.

I will be watching Jenkins closely for my Mildenhall friends.

Still think its between JPB, Bewley, ZachW and dont discount Greaves, easily the most experienced rider in the field. Smith is likely to take points off others too.

Good luck to all the lads, have a hard but safe meeting.

Very late call but is there anyone at the meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site. If so, could you please get in contact ASAP please.

Thanks

Ht1'R,W,Y.B-fx

Ht2,R,W,Y,B

HT3 Y,R,B,W-ef

HT4 W,B,R,Y

• Like 1

Really hope Bewley wins this and continues his upwards rise, best youngster I have seen for a long time and destined to go far

Thanks Bob

Ht5 B,W,R,Y-fx

Ht 6 Y,R,B,W-ret

Ht7 B,Y,R,W

Ht8 Y,B,W,R

Zach and Dan easily best so far,JPB not far off.All 3 in Ht9!!! :-)

• Like 1

Ht9 B,R,W,Y

HT10 B,R,W,Y-Okeefe JJ withdrawn inj.

Ht 11 Y,R,W,B

Ht 12 R,W,B,Y

Ht9 Zach gated, JPB close,Dan 3rd.Dan almost out on A38 on bend 3,caught up but not close enough to pass.

• Like 2

Ht13 Y,B,R,W-fx

Ht14 B,Y,W,R R WHITEHOUSE W OKEEFE

Ht15 R,Y,B,W

Ht16 B,Y,W,R

Zach is Champ with 15pt max.

3 rider race off for 2nd and 3rd.

JPB BEWLEY BICKLEY

Result Bewley Bickley JPB

• Like 1

Apologies.Phone died at the most important moments!

Zach a deserved winner. 5 classic starts made life relatively easy for him.

Bewley got.beaten up on first turn in Ht9,Chased hard but almost didnt turn into bend3, caught up with JPB who didnt make a mistake. Gated and gone in run off though.

Bickley was my surprise of the night, Wasnt expecting such an assured performance.Deserved his 3rd place.

JPB always in the mix outgated in the run off.

Jordan Jenkins impressed me in his 2 rides. Chased Bewley hard in Ht1, steamed into turn 1, lap 2 but as he was about to go under him, straightened up and knocked Bewley off. The in his other ride, he ws last going into turn 3 and tried to go between Smith and Brennan where the gap was slammed shut and JJ visibly jumped and pulled up immediately. Hurt his backand withdrew from the meeting.

No idea why Greaves withdrew, no announcement made.

Trying to keep 4 newbies up with what was happening,, messaging the Mildenhall Facebook with JJs races and then trying to help report on here. Hectic night. Oh and for good measure, I was invited to the presentations where I gave Kyle Bickley his trophy for finishing 3rd!!

Excellent meeting, looked like a good crowd. I hope the upward trend continues here at Plymouth. This was a great advert for the sport and our youngsters future. Well done everyone.

• Like 8

Good result for Aces fans.. Dan 2nd, Kyle 3rd with Jack and Ben scoring 7 and 6 respectively.

Hope Luke's withdrawal was precautionary rather than anything else.

Brilliant to have 15 year old Kyle making the rostrum.

Congratulations to Zach on his win. Disappointed in Connor Dugard's comments in the Star recently comparing Tom Brennan to Kyle Bickley, saying Tom was the best 15 year old around at the moment. Kyle certaininly made him eat his words tonight. The boys should just be allowed to develop, add Jordan Jenkins into that and we have three bright British prospects.