British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BobC

British U19 Championships Plymouth Thursday 6th July 2017

Apologies.Phone died at the most important moments!

Zach a deserved winner. 5 classic starts made life relatively easy for him.

Bewley got.beaten up on first turn in Ht9,Chased hard but almost didnt turn into bend3, caught up with JPB who didnt make a mistake. Gated and gone in run off though.

Bickley was my surprise of the night, Wasnt expecting such an assured performance.Deserved his 3rd place.

JPB always in the mix outgated in the run off.

Jordan Jenkins impressed me in his 2 rides. Chased Bewley hard in Ht1, steamed into turn 1, lap 2 but as he was about to go under him, straightened up and knocked Bewley off. The in his other ride, he ws last going into turn 3 and tried to go between Smith and Brennan where the gap was slammed shut and JJ visibly jumped and pulled up immediately. Hurt his backand withdrew from the meeting.

No idea why Greaves withdrew, no announcement made.

Trying to keep 4 newbies up with what was happening,, messaging the Mildenhall Facebook with JJs races and then trying to help report on here. Hectic night. Oh and for good measure, I was invited to the presentations where I gave Kyle Bickley his trophy for finishing 3rd!!

Excellent meeting, looked like a good crowd. I hope the upward trend continues here at Plymouth. This was a great advert for the sport and our youngsters future. Well done everyone.

You did a great job last night Bob thanks sometimes you dont realise how precious the updates are.
  • Like 1

Congratulations to Zach on his win. Disappointed in Connor Dugard's comments in the Star recently comparing Tom Brennan to Kyle Bickley, saying Tom was the best 15 year old around at the moment. Kyle certaininly made him eat his words tonight. The boys should just be allowed to develop, add Jordan Jenkins into that and we have three bright British prospects.

Disagree about Connors comments. Lets get our 15 year olds competing against each other. How the hell are they going to get better if they're not setting targets and if the target is a moving one because the opposition are getting better.... Do you think the young Poles think, "Just nice to be good" or do they think, "damn, I have to beat the others around my age of I won't be in the U21 SWC team" and then of course that carries on when they hit 22 and they want to be in the SWC team. A bit of rivalry is a good thing.

Just great that in Kyle, Tom and Jordan we appear to have 3 damn good 15 year olds who should all be looking for Championship places on their 16th birthday on merit, it's been a while since we've had a season with 3 kids doing that! Long may it continue!

As for Kyle, I was always a little dubious about what he'd do when he got to 15 as having seen him in the U15 he always look great in front but the two times I saw him not make the best start he looked a little lost and unsure. But he's proving to be the real deal and having seen a couple of videos I see he's not just doing it from the start but is passing people.

kyle has pledged his future to workington and may well be their number 7 in 2018 .

Disagree about Connors comments. Lets get our 15 year olds competing against each other. How the hell are they going to get better if they're not setting targets and if the target is a moving one because the opposition are getting better.... Do you think the young Poles think, "Just nice to be good" or do they think, "damn, I have to beat the others around my age of I won't be in the U21 SWC team" and then of course that carries on when they hit 22 and they want to be in the SWC team. A bit of rivalry is a good thing.

Just great that in Kyle, Tom and Jordan we appear to have 3 damn good 15 year olds who should all be looking for Championship places on their 16th birthday on merit, it's been a while since we've had a season with 3 kids doing that! Long may it continue!

As for Kyle, I was always a little dubious about what he'd do when he got to 15 as having seen him in the U15 he always look great in front but the two times I saw him not make the best start he looked a little lost and unsure. But he's proving to be the real deal and having seen a couple of videos I see he's not just doing it from the start but is passing people.

I was impressed by Kyle at Mildenhall. He seemed to learn very quickly. For me the best out of the three presently is Jordan but I'm obviously more likely to be biased. I'd imagine there's a good chance all three could be holding a permanent Championship place at the start of next season, clearly Bickley will. Any guesses for where the other two boys could end up? Jenkins possibly Ipswich? Not sure on Brennan.