British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins Vs Wolves (29-6-17)

Good points for the Robins tonight.Did'nt see that coming myself.

Wasn't there, but Masters and to a lesser extent King seemed poor.

Freddie scored a bit less than I expected.

Swindons reserves racked up a few points.

Batch did his job.

Bad night for the 2 Poole guests imo.Kurtz had 5 from 2,ended 5 from 4.Starke had 4 from 2,ended 5 from 5.Ok for the Poole averages I guess.

Edited by Bald Bloke

King is no replacement for Howarth, proven tonight.

Why didn't you say that before the meeting?Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I think most Wolves fans would have been happy with King replacing Howarth before the meeting,but not after obviously.

I think most Wolves fans would have been happy with King replacing Howarth before the meeting,but not after obviously.

I know he hasn't been great for Leicester this year but he has been riding at no4/no5, I thought he would do OK for us at no2 but I guess not!

Danny is always hit & miss at Swindon whilst Kyle is usually very good.

I said before that Danny didn't strengthen the Wolves.

Best meeting of the season by far tonight due to them getting the track spot on ...Swindon rode out of there skins to win that one in a meeting I gave them no chance of winning ...If only we get a decent replacement for Danny are we would be quite a good unit .

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

Why does it matter??

King isn't as good at the Abbey whilst Kyle is and Kyle is having a better season than King. It's not exactly rocket science. Even Swindon fans knew that.

I read others saying he is Leicester's number two and the inference is that we were somehow strengthened. That was never likely to be the case.

Danny is always hit & miss at Swindon whilst Kyle is usually very good.

I said before that Danny didn't strengthen the Wolves.

King is hit and miss everywhere and always has been,not a criticism of him but that's where he is at

Not sure why BWD was excluded in heat 14 but thankfully the robins held out. The 9 day rule is bspa. I assume that the FIM is different which makes him missing tonight slightly ridiculous IMO

Bradley was excluded for causing Nathan Greaves to fall. During the interview after the meeting Bradley and David both said it was an incorrect decision which we all knew.

Edited by RumOldBird
  • Like 1

Why does it matter??

King isn't as good at the Abbey whilst Kyle is and Kyle is having a better season than King. It's not exactly rocket science. Even Swindon fans knew that.

I read others saying he is Leicester's number two and the inference is that we were somehow strengthened. That was never likely to be the case.

To be honest I'd be pointing fingers at Masters rather than King.

Great performance from the Robins fully deserving of their victory. Excellent decision by the management to rest Doyle and Morris with tougher fixtures ahead.

Turnbull showed that a trip to Specsavers is overdue after her exclusion of BWD in heat 14. Swindon's new track inspector, Greaves, did a more than passable impression of Victor Moses as a double decker bus could have been squeezed between the two riders.

Batch was excellent and ably supported by Bellego and Ellis. Zak is on the up and destroyed King in heat 8.

Finally, well done to RR who was fully deserving of the rider of the night.

• Like 4

A decent meeting i enjoyed it a great win by the Budgies, Ellis really good aggressive was in the mix all the time.Batch was good and he looks like he is nearing his best Bellego, Bradley,Zach did there bit too.Wolves surprised me i was disappointed in Masters,King, Freddie was great value along with Schlien and Thorssell really has improved a good nights entertainment.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

To be honest I'd be pointing fingers at Masters rather than King.

I wasn't really pointing fingers at him or anyone. King was always unlikely to score what Howarth would have likely done anyway.

But of course you are correct Masters was poor tonight.

Great win for Swindon. Everyone contributed. Thought Captain David was great . Batch was excellent apart from when Rory took him to the fence. However special mention must go to Zach's elbow which gave Masters and later King a nice couple of rib ticklers.