British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mrscambelt

Eastbourne V Kent 1-7-2017

I reckon closer to 48-42, but I certainly don't think it's impossible.

But with the quality of Mattie Bates at reserve, if he is on form he has the potential to decimate the kent lower order.

That's a similar scoreline to what I thought. But then with it not being a league meeting and a losing bonus not up for grabs, some could become a little demotivated nearer the end of the meeting? Having said that you see less of that in the NL and with Ayres in heats 13 & 15 you're guaranteed effort.

Nice to see plenty of Kings fans on bend 1. Think it will be tight tonight with Eagles shading it.

Decent match watched by a good crowd i say. Jack Thomas a bit of a revelation in the Kent side. Regarding the 2 bend 2 all 4 backs although a strange call it was good to see the ref was consistent. Spooner has a good style just needs help with a bit more speed and would be a handy 3 pointer to have wonder why he turned away from eagles once.

Jack is a much improved rider now he is back to gm rather than the gerhard engine

A very good meeting last night watched by a big crowd. There was some decent racing on a well prepared track, as a neutral it ticked all the boxes!

What a performance from Hopwood and Thomas, A long time since I saw two gate as well as they did last night.

4 times together and 4 times straight out the box. Baseby and Wood chased and chased but only Knight could get by them but second time he could only get one of them.

Made for a very entertaining meeting and they have two more visits to come. Can't wait to see if they can do it again. If they continue in that style the Kings could be surprising contenders for that important 4th league place because nobody has performed like that at Arlington this year..

• Like 1

Decent match watched by a good crowd i say. Jack Thomas a bit of a revelation in the Kent side. Regarding the 2 bend 2 all 4 backs although a strange call it was good to see the ref was consistent. Spooner has a good style just needs help with a bit more speed and would be a handy 3 pointer to have wonder why he turned away from eagles once.

...and in speedway terms how many ('guesstimate' will do) would that have been?

I drove down to Arlington yesterday anticipating a good match. With no bias toward either team, I was not disappointed. Two very evenly

balanced sides and a few surprises. For me, the biggest surprise was the speed shown by Jack Thomas. Even Jake Knight couldn't catch him

in heat 15. I went mostly to see Danny Ayres battle as he does. He scored well ( 10) but was not involved in any neck and neck push and

shove battles. He was robbed, IMO, by the ref' in the first race when the tapes clearly went up before all riders were ready. Expected to see a

red light after that. All the home riders performed well without being outstanding with the exception of Knight, but even he fell in one race where

he was being extended to the full in his chase to catch Ayres. Well satisfied with my trip

Think the overall tie was never really in dought and was won by heat 13, but all credit to Kent who kept pushing to the end keeping everyone on their toes, think it may be the closest they get to a win here though as can't believe Hopwood and Thomas will be as dominant in the middle order on all their visits.

...and in speedway terms how many ('guesstimate' will do) would that have been?

it's hard to say the first and second bend especially packed (mainly thanks to the Kent fans) I'd say maybe 900

I guestimated about 750-800, biggest crowd I ve seen since they came into NL, and certainly bigger then a few EL meetings I attended there.

Probably about half the crowd that a big standard stock Car meeting attracts.

I guestimated about 750-800, biggest crowd I ve seen since they came into NL, and certainly bigger then a few EL meetings I attended there.

Probably about half the crowd that a big standard stock Car meeting attracts.

I usually try to do a rough count at about 7.15, we have had a few over 1000, the Cradley cup final in 2015 was one of the best. All the semi's and finals have been pretty decent but on occasions when there has been dubious weather or Brighton football the crowd can be as low as 200/250.