British Speedway Forum

Surely it should be Sweden's turn to host the swc? If Manchester do host it next year. Gorzow have it in 2019. it will of only be held in 2 countries in 4 Years in my opinion that's wrong

That happened before from 2004-2007 when the finals rotated between Poland and the UK.

Since the modern version of the World Cup started in 2001 the Swedes have only hosted the finals once, suggesting they aren't overly enthusiastic about having it!

Edited by HenryW

Great news - I assume Woffy will be back for that one.

All the best

Rob

Be great if it came back to the NSS. Great weekend last year.

But no Woffinden thanks. He shouldn't be considered again. Move on without him. He can't be arsed to ride this year, the manager should not consider him next year. Use the youngsters instead.

• Like 4

That happened before from 2004-2007 when the finals rotated between Poland and the UK.

Since the modern version of the World Cup started in 2001 the Swedes have only hosted the finals once, suggesting they aren't overly enthusiastic about having it!

There doesn't seem to be a great deal of interest from Denmark either.

I DID say 'rumours' so don't get too carried away but there is certainly very strong support from all those involved.

• Like 1

Be great if it came back to the NSS. Great weekend last year.

But no Woffinden thanks. He shouldn't be considered again. Move on without him. He can't be arsed to ride this year, the manager should not consider him next year. Use the youngsters instead.

A losing attitude.

Did the Danes go into the 1985 WTC Final without Hans Nielsen, or did they get him back on board and win the thing?

Tai is an integral part of the GB team, because you should always pick your strongest team.

All the best

Rob

• Like 4

A losing attitude.

Did the Danes go into the 1985 WTC Final without Hans Nielsen, or did they get him back on board and win the thing?

Tai is an integral part of the GB team, because you should always pick your strongest team.

All the best

Rob

Agree

Just because you don't like someone, as a manager you should be strong enough to put that to one side and pick the best available.

It's the same with everything in life.

If Woffinden says he's available then he has to be in.

• Like 1

A losing attitude.

All the best

Rob

Rob, whilst he would undoubtably make us stronger, there comes a time when we have to move on. We cannot leave a space open on the whim of a rider who has basically stuck two fingers up to everything British.

No British league, no British Final, no British SWC. Guess what Tai? No British place for you in future, even if you decided you wanted to grace us with your presence in the future.

Best bet is for him to take another holiday, and worry about making sure he gets that 8th place in the GP series. And leave the TeamGB berths to those that would give anything to take part.

• Like 1

I understand your reasons for disdain. But he should be in the team. IF it is at Belle Vue next year, with Cookie (on current form) and improved Lambert and Woffinden, then GB could have a genuine chance of winning the thing. The first time since ****ing 1989!!! So egos need to be put aside for the greater good.

Edited by RPNYC
  • Like 1

despite Kings Lynn being my local track, it's something I'd be happy with. enjoyed last year immensely

I understand your reasons for disdain. But he should be in the team. IF it is at Belle Vue next year, with Cookie (on current form) and improved Lambert and Woffinden, then GB could have a genuine chance of winning the thing. The first time since ****ing 1989!!! So egos need to be put aside for the greater good.

and does Tai not have one???

I think hes happy to ride for GB if there isnt a clown outfit running the show.

• Like 1

Well then, he wont be riding for Gb again,

if he just wants to ride in the GP circus thats fine

Lets move on

Woffinden shouldn't be considered, or Nicholls for that matter.

You can't just pick and choose when you want to ride for your country, it should be all or nothing.

Britain should do what Denmark did some years back and go with the youngsters, (Cook and Harris-if he's on form, excepted.)

Bewley could be ready in a year or two, and with natural progression from Lambert and S Worrall, Woffinden could be just a fading memory in a few years time.