Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Tai will be GBs best rider for the next 10 years whether we like it or not.

despite Kings Lynn being my local track, it's something I'd be happy with. enjoyed last year immensely

If it happens and you get a photographers pass can I propose myself as your (un)glamourous assistant

He'll retire way before then imo.

within 5 years I reckon, then off to Oz for some 4 wheel racing

yea maybe right. I just cant see any Brit riders being better than him before he retires

Edited by RPNYC
  • Like 1

If it happens and you get a photographers pass can I propose myself as your (un)glamourous assistant

unfortunately things aren't quite as easy as that .. my other half is doing pictures this year but she does them for Peterborough & Kings Lynn, as well as Team USA again, but she feels incredibly lucky to have the SWC this year

• Like 1

unfortunately things aren't quite as easy as that .. my other half is doing pictures this year but she does them for Peterborough & Kings Lynn, as well as Team USA again, but she feels incredibly lucky to have the SWC this year

Bugger

Be great to watch some races of that standard from the centre green

Bugger

Be great to watch some races of that standard from the centre green

no going on the centre green at Belle Vue on SWC day

It was a brilliant weekend last year but I wouldn't do it again. I don't believe it should be every year - it's too much same old same old every year with not enough time in between for things to change. There should be a break of a few years between the competition like world cups in other sports. Same old teams qualify, same old tracks/countries host it every year. Even the top riders are now giving it a miss.

A SGP or even a SEC & I would be there, not this again though.

Edited by Noodles
  • Like 3

Be great if it came back to the NSS. Great weekend last year.

But no Woffinden thanks. He shouldn't be considered again. Move on without him. He can't be arsed to ride this year, the manager should not consider him next year. Use the youngsters instead.

I agree with your sentiment, Woffinden shouldn't be allowed to pick and choose when he does or doesn't ride for Team GB. That said however Team GB is stronger with Woffinden in it than not and with Team GB seeded through to the Final, should we get the SWC next year, if he makes himself available again his selection is automatic.

Seem to remember when it was announced Belle Vue would hold the SWC in 2016, that there was a deal in place for it to be there in 2016, 2018 and 2020. May be wrong?

Seem to remember when it was announced Belle Vue would hold the SWC in 2016, that there was a deal in place for it to be there in 2016, 2018 and 2020. May be wrong?

If that is the case would that guarantee GB going straight through to the final or as some would prefer, might there be a change and they go to the semi final, with two teams going through from the semi to the final.

Rob, whilst he would undoubtably make us stronger, there comes a time when we have to move on. We cannot leave a space open on the whim of a rider who has basically stuck two fingers up to everything British.

No British league, no British Final, no British SWC. Guess what Tai? No British place for you in future, even if you decided you wanted to grace us with your presence in the future.

Best bet is for him to take another holiday, and worry about making sure he gets that 8th place in the GP series. And leave the TeamGB berths to those that would give anything to take part.

Pathetic comments again from the forums troll.

Tai has issues with the way the TeamGB is run.

If you read his comments if things change he will ride next year and more importantly wants to ride.

Yet you feel he shouldnt be allowed..............go sit under a stone somewhere and bore off

• Like 1

I really hope that is wrong.