Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Holland Golden Helmet Series

When was the 'Golden Helmet' series last competed in Holland? In what years was the competition held and is there a tabulation of the various winners over the years?

When was the 'Golden Helmet' series last competed in Holland? In what years was the competition held and is there a tabulation of the various winners over the years?

Many thanks for your help andout but I am uncertain how to get an enlargement of the winners' list. Can you "talk me down" please?

:::NOTE: In the LINK Holland is defined as Netherlands:::::

Edited by Guest

Many thanks for your help andout but I am uncertain how to get an enlargement of the winners' list. Can you "talk me down" please?

:::NOTE: In the LINK Holland is defined as Netherlands:::::

On the Home page of the Speedway Champions website there is a Footnote "Advice for viewing tables." "Full-screen facility is now at the FOOT of each table, with add'l +/- buttons."

11850530_129779480694916_619466255106806

Phil Bishop won a Dutch 'Golden Helmet' in the early 1960s. That to me was an incredible feat for a rider who started his career in the late 1920s and her the years rode for several tracks - King's Oak (High Beech), West Ham, Southampton and New Cross. He also rode several seasons in South Africa.

For interest, who were the other riders who competed in the 1960s Dutch 'Golden Helmet' meeting that Bishop won. I ask only out of interest - no other reason.

I had some excellent dealings with Bishop in the late-1950s and early 1960s. His death along with several other riders in a motor accident in Lokeren, Europe in 1970 was a major tragedy.

:::: The Lokeren tragedy 1970 -

Edited by Guest

Yes, I was there at BOTH meetings the Hammers had in Tilburg and Amsterdam.....talking to the riders before the meeting, what happened later was a huge shock for me.....