British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CookieIpswich

How Do Bspa Make Their Money?

Once sky has paid up there is nothing...

I know each club pay each season, is that for the promoters licence, if so how much is that per club from top league to bottom?

I know each club pay each season, is that for the promoters licence, if so how much is that per club from top league to bottom?

I believed clubs paid a substanical amount to come up to the top league.

Edited by Starman2006

Don't they run and receive the gate money from certain meetings, ie British Championship etc.

Where they slipped up was not being part of the organisation running the World Championships and getting a cut from that, in fact each federation should have done that.

There is the bond each club have to pay. I don't know if it's seasonal, or one off, but either way that lump sum must be earning interest or invested somewhere.

I would expect it would be the other way round. The top league would be desparate to keep numbers up to avoid implosion.

Forty years ago maybe so but recently clubs like Leicester and Kings Lynn were bribed to go up when Coventry and Peterboro looked like they wouldn't come under starters orders.

Forty years ago maybe so but recently clubs like Leicester and Kings Lynn were bribed to go up when Coventry and Peterboro looked like they wouldn't come under starters orders.

There's no way Somerset would have paid to go up