British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Baldyman

Panthers V Witches 2 July

No - it was true re the starts.

Anyone that couldnt see it is in denial.

For one heat they even got a shovel and spread dirt over 20 metres from gate 4 to the first bend

The rest of the track prep was really good and the grading and watering was pretty much spot on and a great effort given the sunshine.

BTW Holder was not dangerous IMO - he looked in perfect control and was simply superb

And Panthers deserved their win

Thank you.

No - it was true re the starts.

Anyone that couldnt see it is in denial.

For one heat they even got a shovel and spread dirt over 20 metres from gate 4 to the first bend

The rest of the track prep was really good and the grading and watering was pretty much spot on and a great effort given the sunshine.

BTW Holder was not dangerous IMO - he looked in perfect control and was simply superb

And Panthers deserved their win

Count me in.

before the meeting the 2 gates that were looking iffy were 1 & 4, so not likely to affect either team more than the other

• Like 2

Enjoyed my first trip to the Showground in about 20 years at least ....sad but true as im only about and hour and a half away.

Racing was ok nothing spectacular unless Jack Holder was in the race.......looks more and more the real deal

Thought we did ok to come away with a point but after heat one i kind of hoped that it might be a better day.

There is no doubt 100% that the best team won, there cant be an Ipswich fan that thinks otherwise

There is also no doubt 100% that the track staff were doctoring the starts, there cant be a Peterborough fan that thinks otherwise.

Did the goings on at the start gate cost us the meeting? No i very much doubt it did, Peterborough were the better side.

At best to do what they did is giving themselves home advantage.....at worst its skullduggery

Enjoyed my first trip to the Showground in about 20 years at least ....sad but true as im only about and hour and a half away.

Racing was ok nothing spectacular unless Jack Holder was in the race.......looks more and more the real deal

Thought we did ok to come away with a point but after heat one i kind of hoped that it might be a better day.

There is no doubt 100% that the best team won, there cant be an Ipswich fan that thinks otherwise

There is also no doubt 100% that the track staff were doctoring the starts, there cant be a Peterborough fan that thinks otherwise.

Did the goings on at the start gate cost us the meeting? No i very much doubt it did, Peterborough were the better side.

At best to do what they did is giving themselves home advantage.....at worst its skullduggery

Gate 4 has been a problem at Peterborough for a while as it generally collects water, gate 1 is normally fine certainly I don't remember having a problem with it this year.

As for doctored tracks, unfortunately you will have to look a bit closer to home, our track is a lot easier to ride recently which is borne out by the fact that most visiting riders invariably do well and our home defeats over the last few years evidences.

• Like 2

Re the gate prep...

Has the letter from Bob Dugards solicitor re infringement of trademark arrived yet 😉☺

• Like 3

Got to say always enjoy my trips to The Showground and wasn't disappointed this time. Didn't like the loud cheer when Rory fell but realise it happens at most tracks but shouldn't have played "wipeout" (although it was 5-1) until the rider was up and ok. Thought Holder was excellent but enjoy Him while you can as I am sure He will in Poland on Sundays next year. Best team won as we suffered with not enough heat winners.

• Like 1

Got to say always enjoy my trips to The Showground and wasn't disappointed this time. Didn't like the loud cheer when Rory fell but realise it happens at most tracks but shouldn't have played "wipeout" (although it was 5-1) until the rider was up and ok. Thought Holder was excellent but enjoy Him while you can as I am sure He will in Poland on Sundays next year. Best team won as we suffered with not enough heat winners.

More confirmation in part that people see what they want to see and hear what they want to hear. I never saw any track doctoring (not you, that's further up). We're pretty naff at it if there was, given our home record will cost us the play-offs. I never heard any cheer when Schlein fell off. The bloke playing the music probably never even saw Schlein hit the deck. If he still sits at the end of the box then you'll notice the large metal stantion that obscures the fourth bend. All he probably saw was 2 Panthers crossing the line first.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 3

Gate 4 has been a problem at Peterborough for a while as it generally collects water, gate 1 is normally fine certainly I don't remember having a problem with it this year.

As for doctored tracks, unfortunately you will have to look a bit closer to home, our track is a lot easier to ride recently which is borne out by the fact that most visiting riders invariably do well and our home defeats over the last few years evidences.

I wouldnt say Ipswich is doctored in anyway......it simply isnt a good race track and nowhere near as good as yours.

It was obvious what your track staff were doing, maybe you guys werent looking at it.

But as i say the start gate stuff doesnt take anything away from your win, the best team won

More confirmation in part that people see what they want to see and hear what they want to hear. I never saw any track doctoring (not you, that's further up). We're pretty naff at it if there was, given our home record will cost us the play-offs. I never heard any cheer when Schlein fell off. The bloke playing the music probably never even saw Schlein hit the deck. If he still sits at the end of the box then you'll notice the large metal stantion that obscures the fourth bend. All he probably saw was 2 Panthers crossing the line first.

It went on , maybe you didnt notice

Nope i never heard any cheering when Schein fell i agree there

I wouldnt say Ipswich is doctored in anyway......it simply isnt a good race track and nowhere near as good as yours.

It was obvious what your track staff were doing, maybe you guys werent looking at it.

But as i say the start gate stuff doesnt take anything away from your win, the best team won

It went on , maybe you didnt notice

Nope i never heard any cheering when Schein fell i agree there

As the start is, as it always has been, 15 metres in front of me, I think that I'd have noticed anything significant. All I saw was the usual of little activity, blokes pulling the tapes down and 4 riders rolling up to tapes. Any time that we have a gates issue they usually have to find a programme to check who goes where, so to think that there was any pre-planned doctoring is fantasy.

• Like 1

As the start is, as it always has been, 15 metres in front of me, I think that I'd have noticed anything significant. All I saw was the usual of little activity, blokes pulling the tapes down and 4 riders rolling up to tapes. Any time that we have a gates issue they usually have to find a programme to check who goes where, so to think that there was any pre-planned doctoring is fantasy.

I didn't think there was any difference between where Heeps and Ostergaard started from 15 metres handicap, but i didn't take my tape measure with me so I couldn't be absolutely certain. Isn't there a guide marker there somewhere to indicate the actual 15 metres, if not perhaps it would be a good idea and put this nonsense totally to bed by having a line painted on the fence and maybe a white spot painted on the grass as a guide line.

I didn't think there was any difference between where Heeps and Ostergaard started from 15 metres handicap, but i didn't take my tape measure with me so I couldn't be absolutely certain. Isn't there a guide marker there somewhere to indicate the actual 15 metres, if not perhaps it would be a good idea and put this nonsense totally to bed by having a line painted on the fence and maybe a white spot painted on the grass as a guide line.

Always seems a bit random anyway. Usually just sort of in line with the lighting post. Wasn't Heeps 4 & Ostrich 3? If that was the case then from some angles it could be deceptive but no different. Could just have a spot on the inside I agree.

• Like 1

I cant be certain re the distance it was just a gut feel that he seemed a bit closer.

Youre right though every track should have an official marker for avoidance of doubt. Ideally there would be a 2nd set of tapes but that is asking for far too much of a professional approach

Didnt hear any cheers when Rory fell - just a few ooos and gasps as you would expect

Although 2 ladies in the row in front suggested it was taking too long for him to get up. "He only slid off get hold of his legs and drag him to the centre green so we can get on with it" was the gist of their thoughts 😲😲

Always seems a bit random anyway. Usually just sort of in line with the lighting post. Wasn't Heeps 4 & Ostrich 3? If that was the case then from some angles it could be deceptive but no different. Could just have a spot on the inside I agree.

thats a good point re gate position and angles - it may well have been just that

you were so close and didnt come and say hello.

I had the megaphone and cowbell 📣🔔👍

I cant be certain re the distance it was just a gut feel that he seemed a bit closer.

Youre right though every track should have an official marker for avoidance of doubt. Ideally there would be a 2nd set of tapes but that is asking for far too much of a professional approach

Didnt hear any cheers when Rory fell - just a few ooos and gasps as you would expect

Although 2 ladies in the row in front suggested it was taking too long for him to get up. "He only slid off get hold of his legs and drag him to the centre green so we can get on with it" was the gist of their thoughts

thats a good point re gate position and angles - it may well have been just that

you were so close and didnt come and say hello.

I had the megaphone and cowbell

It was you with the bloody bell. I threw most of my wine gums at you. You must have thought that Oxfam were the meeting sponsors :D

It was you with the bloody bell. I threw most of my wine gums at you. You must have thought that Oxfam were the meeting sponsors :D

3 second rule - I didnt need any tea when I got home 😜
  • Like 1