British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mike7164

Newcastle Diamonds Vs Berwick Bandits Sgbc 2 July 2017 6.30pm

Good bit of overtime for the Tigers.

Bet the Tigers management were sweating regarding their 3 heat leaders guesting in the same meeting.

Deary me , just as well Berwick did book Richard or I shudder to think what the score would have been . Still good practice for our three heat leaders at Brough with the cup match looming , whenever that may be .

• Like 1

Deary me , just as well Berwick did book Richard or I shudder to think what the score would have been . Still good practice for our three heat leaders at Brough with the cup match looming , whenever that may be .

Bang on. You have to feel for Berwick though eh. Just when it looked like they were getting going Bridger goes bang. Then Etheridge who was doing ok wipes out. Absolute nightmare for them

Bloody hell, that was awful. What a waste of my time & money

It looks like it was only Richard who took points from the Newcastle top 5.

In our 3 meetings at Newcastle this year Ludvig is the only one in the top 5 to run a last (heat 15).

Bloody hell, that was awful. What a waste of my time & money

Have to admit didn't go. Seems like young Bowtell had bit about him ?
  • Like 1

Easy win for the Diamonds, but to easy no racing cause Bandits weren't good enough to create any apart from Lawson. Even then Glasgow riders weren't going take any risks against each other so generally follow the leader. Bowtell was impressive though compared to Greenwood who was lucky to get the points he did Bowtell beat him twice should have been three but for bike problems and nearly got him in heat 2 took lap to long to learn track. Not sure if Bowtell would be interested or available but might be worth promotion asking.

• Like 1

First away match of the season... I'm wondering why I bothered.. :sad:

Not much fun being a Berwick fan this season. The team most matches these days is unrecognisable due to injuries. Granted, Brough Park is never one of our happier hunting grounds, but I thought that with the absence of Lambert and Worrall (S) we would get more than usual. Had it not been for Richard Lawson that would have been very embarrassing. Whether or not Lewis Bridger is returning or not is questionable. If he isn't, then there is no question, that something has to be done, or else this season is going to rapidly down the drain and fans will disappear even more.

There are still nine home meetings left, so there is still time to get something out of this season, even if it is just a run of wins at home.

Have to admit didn't go. Seems like young Bowtell had bit about him ?

Come on a bit since I last saw him, but Lawson apart, Berwick were dreadful.

Might as well try and rebuild for next season, try some new riders out starting with Bowtell and maybe bringing in a couple of assessed riders for Howe and Bridger or what ever, Hummel next year might be a decent shout as I'm sure he said he would be interested in coming back in 2018 where he would be comitted to us. Would still have Bridger back next year though on that average all day long.

Not really surprised with the score, the only positive thing to say is that at least there where no injuries