British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mike7164

Newcastle Diamonds Vs Berwick Bandits Sgbc 2 July 2017 6.30pm

Lawson was excellent and Bowtell looks useful. Would definitely like to us sign him asap to replace Payne.

Apart from that, it was painful to watch and I'm being polite when I say that.

It'd be good to sneak his signing in from under Berwick's nose, we lose out on so many opportunities because George is so damn loyal, be nice if we did it back

It'd be good to sneak his signing in from under Berwick's nose, we lose out on so many opportunities because George is so damn loyal, be nice if we did it back

Bowtell certainly looked ok,,, was Dan signed up again in desperation, but doesn't look any/much better than the last time :(

Not a lot to say about last night.

Sounds as if I didn't miss much last night. Still I would have prefered to be there than stuck in here!

I think it's the first home meeting I've missed in 15 years (Trelawny KOC in 2002). Hope it's another 15 before I have to miss another one, poor meeting or not!

As they say " You can only beat what's behind you," and it's not really Berwick's fault the team they put out last night. But it's happening far too often and all its doing is ripping off the fans. But, it seems, no-one high up seems to care.

• Like 2

Might as well try and rebuild for next season, try some new riders out starting with Bowtell and maybe bringing in a couple of assessed riders for Howe and Bridger or what ever, Hummel next year might be a decent shout as I'm sure he said he would be interested in coming back in 2018 where he would be comitted to us. Would still have Bridger back next year though on that average all day long.

It seems I have upset Howe in my comments, I am sorry David, you havn't done anything wrong since signing for us but lets face it Kev has a guarenteed team place and isn't going to be dropped and we need to try something for next year, this current team is ruining thenfan base at the moment there will be no one left by the end of August it will be like the Eddie Wright Raceway. We can't let our club die but fans want to see the team win and if they cant win put up a fight and that is not happening and can't happen with a team like this lets face it, no disrespect is inteded to you as out of Doolan, Bridger and yourself you are the one who has done the best job as your average shows but with the circumstances you would be the one to go as you have an average that can be replaced by a 7 point assessed rider or a 5.

It seems I have upset Howe in my comments, I am sorry David, you havn't done anything wrong since signing for us but lets face it Kev has a guarenteed team place and isn't going to be dropped and we need to try something for next year, this current team is ruining thenfan base at the moment there will be no one left by the end of August it will be like the Eddie Wright Raceway. We can't let our club die but fans want to see the team win and if they cant win put up a fight and that is not happening and can't happen with a team like this lets face it, no disrespect is inteded to you as out of Doolan, Bridger and yourself you are the one who has done the best job as your average shows but with the circumstances you would be the one to go as you have an average that can be replaced by a 7 point assessed rider or a 5.

Where is Berwick going to find money for all these assessed riders, and that's before finding assessed riders that want to come to Berwick on a Sat.If the assessed riders ride to their average we might win but next season we will have to get rid of them due to average,if they don't ride to their average we will still be losing.The sport needs sorting out like we say every year!!!
  • Like 1

Where is Berwick going to find money for all these assessed riders, and that's before finding assessed riders that want to come to Berwick on a Sat.If the assessed riders ride to their average we might win but next season we will have to get rid of them due to average,if they don't ride to their average we will still be losing.The sport needs sorting out like we say every year!!!

We just sold our only good asset
  • Like 1

Who actually owned him and received the cash though?

Berwick Bandits surely? It wouldn't make sense for John Anderson to keep the assets when he has no interest in Speedway and isn't just switching clubs, I don't know if he can anyways

Berwick Bandits surely? It wouldn't make sense for John Anderson to keep the assets when he has no interest in Speedway and isn't just switching clubs, I don't know if he can anyways

Thats not an answer to the question.Who Actualy got the money then we will know if there is any spare money going about.There are a couple of ex promoters who owned riders contracts while no longer involved in Promoting ,the guy Wright at Sheffield springs to mind.
  • Like 1

Thats not an answer to the question.Who Actualy got the money then we will know if there is any spare money going about.There are a couple of ex promoters who owned riders contracts while no longer involved in Promoting ,the guy Wright at Sheffield springs to mind.

The guy Wright at Sheffield was actually at Redcar to watch the Edinburgh match, just stood in the stand enjoying the Bears win!

• Like 1

My understanding is that a club has to have a certain asset base to operate, when a club is sold or transferred the asset base will be part of that deal. So assets belong to the club and not the promoter allowing it to comply with the rules.

We just sold our only good asset

Dont think we have sold Pepe

Interesting match last night, felt the match lacked any sort of atmosphere as Berwick I think knew they were on for a hammering and after the first few heats, the Diamonds tails were up and could sense a good pay night. I was impressed with all of the Diamonds and no doubt the meeting will hopefully have given Dan some more confidence. I find him a strange rider, when you watch him in Heat 2 compared to his remaining 3 rides, he is a completely different rider. In heat 2 he leaves the gate and seems to have loads of confidence and his riding style is a bit more relaxed, in his remaining rides, he tenses up and tries to over ride. I don't know if it a confidence thing, in that he believes he can beat the riders in Heat 2 but does not have the confidence when having to face the riders from the main body of the team!! I was impressed with Bowtell, looked good and one to watch either for this year or next, if he rides Lakeside, similar track to Brough. Always good to see Richie back at Brough and in a Diamonds race jacket where he belongs, just a shame I don't think we will see him back on a more permanent basis. He was a good replacement for Ruthless but not quite the same as the Ruthless one :D :D .

Interesting to Ruthless in the pits, you would have thought he would have taken the time to relax and catch up on his reading at home :P:P In all honesty, great to see him at Brough and I think it shows how much he enjoys it at Newcastle to travel up on his day off to watch the team and interact with the fans.

All in all a good confidence booster for the team and good pay day for the riders and great to hit 60!!

Those Witches will be a far harder prospect next week but looking forward to it.

• Like 1

The guy Wright at Sheffield was actually at Redcar to watch the Edinburgh match, just stood in the stand enjoying the Bears win!

He owned quite a few riders contracts over the years if my recollection is right.

My understanding is that a club has to have a certain asset base to operate, when a club is sold or transferred the asset base will be part of that deal. So assets belong to the club and not the promoter allowing it to comply with the rules.

Dont think we have sold Pepe

While that might be the case,individuals can own riders contracts which might require negotiations if clubs change hands.I have I given an example in Wright .

He owned quite a few riders contracts over the years if my recollection is right.

While that might be the case,individuals can own riders contracts which might require negotiations if clubs change hands.I have I given an example in Wright .

Yes but in general it is clubs that own contracts not indivduals...