British Speedway Forum
idh

Sgb Championship Best Pairs 2017

If it's wet on the outside it's always best to get wet on the inside too

That's a given

• Like 1

Howarth is out with concussion and Bates might be dubious after last week's tumble, so presume that baby Bjerre will come in for Sheffield

Forecast in 2015 was horrendous too about 48 hours in advance. Changed for the better on the morning and was decent conditions come 7pm!

Fingers crossed for the same.

• Like 1

Won't rain, meeting will be on. Spoke to my mate in the met office and he says they're just trying to drum up interest with a few controversial forecasts at a quiet time of year.

is your mate mike fish by any chance ?

• Like 1

I think if they do use covers (I didn't realise Somerset had them) then we could be in business. Met Office forecast says rain should disappear mid evening so could always start around 8pm if needs be.

I'm around 15 mins from track and it's damp this morning, however a dry day should sort it out. If there's no covers then a definite problem. Fingers crossed as it's usually a great meeting.

I think if they do use covers (I didn't realise Somerset had them) then we could be in business. Met Office forecast says rain should disappear mid evening so could always start around 8pm if needs be.

I'm around 15 mins from track and it's damp this morning, however a dry day should sort it out. If there's no covers then a definite problem. Fingers crossed as it's usually a great meeting.

Is there a curfew?

is your mate mike fish by any chance ?

Haha good one. Mr Fish did get the blame though it's claimed he only read out what his colleague Bill Giles had prepared so it all became a bit fishy. :P

• Like 1

According to Speedway GB, Somerset have acquired covers for this meeting...Not sure whether it's just for this meeting or in general. Would be good if they have for any future meetings.

Forecast looks awful though, with rain to continue through evening as well as day. Such a shame.

Will decide on the day...although, not looking forward to the traffic on the day the Schools break up...Eeeeek...it's bad enough as it is on a Friday night.

10pm curfew

at sheffield , but they dont stick to it if they are behind with a couple of heats to run ..

• Like 1

According to Speedway GB, Somerset have acquired covers for this meeting...Not sure whether it's just for this meeting or in general. Would be good if they have for any future meetings.

Forecast looks awful though, with rain to continue through evening as well as day. Such a shame.

Will decide on the day...although, not looking forward to the traffic on the day the Schools break up...Eeeeek...it's bad enough as it is on a Friday night.

I wondered that too. I've been banging on about covers for seasons now so it'll be great news if we have them on a permenent basis.

Howarth is out with concussion and Bates might be dubious after last week's tumble, so presume that baby Bjerre will come in for Sheffield

Bad news for Sheffield as Howarth (another ex-Rebel too!) flies round our place, along with Josh could of been the favourites.

Still not sure if I'm going to attend or not yet with no home team to follow, but looks like a cracking line up.