British Speedway Forum
idh

Sgb Championship Best Pairs 2017

What about 'stoped'and 'stopped', is stoped actually a word ?

Not you too... :P He probably just anger typed it on his phone on the road... You know how tiny them keys are xD

Not you too... :P He probably just anger typed it on his phone on the road... You know how tiny them keys are xD

no, not at all,,, just making an observation. Maybe now his phone is in bits, strewn along the motorway somewhere, but I would quite happily give Robert £60 for his wasted fuel, but unfortunately he'll never get his time back.

or maybe put the sixty quid towards a full set of track covers for Somerset, apparently they are cheap as chips ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

no, not at all,,, just making an observation. Maybe now his phone is in bits, strewn along the motorway somewhere, but I would quite happily give Robert £60 for his wasted fuel, but unfortunately he'll never get his time back.

800 mile for sixty quid,,,, a want one of them ;)

What people seem to forget... Is Robert's wasted day/money/fuel is part of his job... It's how he makes his money and his life... So when he complains... It's because he's lost out on a day's pay... Not because he doesn't get to ride/watch a speedway meeting...

Is £60 for 800 miles good like? :o I dunno

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 1

Is £60 for 800 miles good like? :o I dunno

forget that bit, a misunderstood it.

• Like 1

Not an ideal situation but it happens. Obviously somerset wanted the meeting on as it would be a bumper crowd. As it stood they didn't open the turnstiles which I appauld. The track had big puddles but only on the inside and I've seen much worse ridden.

Ho hum night in the pub and better luck for us tomorrow

• Like 1

do riders still get travelling costs ?

They should still get travel I think there is a time limit for cancelling a meetings but as he had already got there think the riders might get fuel money

• Like 1

They should still get travel I think there is a time limit for cancelling a meetings but as he had already got there think the riders might get fuel money

Good

It'll just give him more time on the beer in Cardiff, doing coke with some pretty high profile people in the sport, getting a bollckin by the police for having a dust up with a cab driver, having a fight with one of the Hortons, and bedding a pretty-ish steward from the stadium...

Actually, no, that was just one of our years at Cardiff.. a great weekend had by all :lol:

All the best to everyone down there this weekend..

• Like 1

Feel Robert getting bad press here.

He was happy to ride along with a few others.

Meeting was a BSPA event so not Somersets call otherwise it would've been called off early afternoon.

• Like 1

why is he making a statement that it cost £60.00 in fuel then . he was going to Cardiff any how . grow up Robert. its time to stop the wheelie poping and get down to the nitty gritty of being a speedway rider .

life is not free , it costs .

• Like 1

The crowd yesterday would have been reduced as some people would have decided against going.

When postponed approx 6.15 the car park was not full....

Talk of it being moved for the new date....

The crowd yesterday would have been reduced as some people would have decided against going.

When postponed approx 6.15 the car park was not full....

Talk of it being moved for the new date....

Makes sense as most Championship clubs northern based.