British Speedway Forum
idh

Sgb Championship Best Pairs 2017

Got to the Oak tree arena on the Ipswich tour bus and as we went past the stadium we could see the track and it was absolutely soaked, obviously the covers on the bends were still there but it was never going to happen in our opinions.

If you are going to put covers down either do the whole track or nothing.

I don't care if it stopped raining at shortly after 6pm it would have been an absolute farce and waste of money.

A quote from Rob Godfrey, vice-chairman of the British Speedway Promoters Association on the BSPA News pages, "The track covers were on and the rain stopped at 6.20pm. In my opinion we could have started the meeting with nothing more than a 15-minute delay."

Selective truth re the covers and of course, in his view!

Usual cloak and dagger bull that we have all been well accustomed.

The sport is being run by amateurs and if we didn't already know it this confirms it.

Fans are deserting the sport in there droves and they can't even get a truthful statement out between them or at least one that isn't conflicting.

What confidence has this inept shower left amongst the fan's very little I would say.

Usual cloak and dagger bull that we have all been well accustomed.

The sport is being run by amateurs and if we didn't already know it this confirms it.

Fans are deserting the sport in there droves and they can't even get a truthful statement out between them or at least one that isn't conflicting.

What confidence has this inept shower left amongst the fan's very little I would say.

I was sat in a very nice Brewers Fayre in Bridgwater when common sense finally prevailed and they gave up . The hilly , grassy slopes of the back straight and 3rd bend would have been hilarious right enough , for that reason alone I couldn't see the sense of starting . The road outside our B and B in West Huntspill was like a river around 4-30 .

Do we have a new date?

Yup, 2018..... as I can't see this happening this season!

• Like 2

Yup, 2018..... as I can't see this happening this season!

I can , but it wont be at Somerset , I suspect oop north somewhere later in the season .

• Like 1

The STMP is in great condition this year, can race when we want and could accommodate this meeting, be great to see us get something like this! And the track is very fair, most good riders go very well around the track so would be a great meeting.

• Like 2

The STMP is in great condition this year, can race when we want and could accommodate this meeting, be great to see us get something like this! And the track is very fair, most good riders go very well around the track so would be a great meeting.

Nothing wrong with Redcar but you had the restaged 4's Final in 2015. Being neutral i think it needs to be a Saturday night track that has the luxury of track covers not bin liners lol should weather be iffy and not involved in playoffs so plenty dates available. :lol::lol::lol:

Nothing wrong with Redcar but you had the restaged 4's Final in 2015. Being neutral i think it needs to be a Saturday night track that has the luxury of track covers not bin liners lol should weather be iffy and not involved in playoffs so plenty dates available. :lol::lol::lol:

am pretty sure that Glasgow will be involved late on in the season.

• Like 1

Scunny have good availability and are centrally located. I can't see many turning up at Somerset to watch a CL pairs event, its a long way from any CL tracks.

Exactly. Has to be scunny, belle vue, Workington IMO.

Bellevue or scunny would suit

• Like 2

Has to be Belle Vue. Northern based and able to take a big crowd better than any of the others.

• Like 2

Rumour after the meeting last night was that it was being held at the NSS

No date was mentioned

• Like 2

Rumour after the meeting last night was that it was being held at the NSS

No date was mentioned

Think that would be a good call IMO .