British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Scunthorpe V Newcastle Championship Friday 7th July 2017

I never knew he'd been called that, I generally switch off when Roy starts talking..... Maybe she had a cuppa...

You should listen to Roy. You might learn a thing or two
  • Like 1

If Wilkinson doesn't win the reserve race or at least finish 2nd behind Bailey he deserves sacking on the spot

• Like 1

I never knew he'd been called that, I generally switch off when Roy starts talking..... Maybe she had a cuppa...

yes,,, and maybe a couple of hob-nobs, chocolate or plain ???

and I didn't say I heard it from Roy, but I do understand that for some, 'listening and processing' doesn't come naturally ;)

If Wilkinson doesn't win the reserve race or at least finish 2nd behind Bailey he deserves sacking on the spot

now that would make Peetabra look like nice employers ;)

We thought would be the case last night at Foxhall nice easy heat 2 for him , didn't really go to plan last night for him .

Bit harsh Fozzie; Wilko's done his bit for the Scorpions overtime. He definitely deserves our respect; in fact that's a given for every single rider that puts himself out there !. I know if you in it; then that makes you fair game for the criticism and all that - same in every sport. But sacked on the spot ? - never and I am sure Rob would not do that. There might be a conversation to be had; and lets be honest not just with Wilko; but that's for the management to have in a proper respectful manner.

• Like 2

You should listen to Roy. You might learn a thing or two

Probably would, but then again, I'd rather not listen to the sh!t he has to say... No offence to him but he's a pain in the ass... I'd rather find out myself, hence why I ask here

and I didn't say I heard it from Roy, but I do understand that for some, 'listening and processing' doesn't come naturally ;)

Well, generally he's the one who screams out their names before every race, so maybe you'd heard it from him? I dunno...

Yep, a bit harsh, I think Scunthorpe's problems run deeper than Wilkinson... So he's not all to blame, plus he's ridden at Scunthorpe for years, a bit disrespectful just to throw him away like that...

Probably would, but then again, I'd rather not listen to the sh!t he has to say... No offence to him but he's a pain in the ass... I'd rather find out myself, hence why I ask here.

you'll certainly learn a thing or two on here, it might not all be useful tho ;)

• Like 1

you'll certainly learn a thing or two on here, it might not all be useful tho ;)

Just shove out all the rubbish and believe what makes me happy to hear :) Haha

Probably would, but then again, I'd rather not listen to the sh!t he has to say... No offence to him but he's a pain in the ass... I'd rather find out myself, hence why I ask here

Calling him a pain in the ass is being offensive. He adds greatly to the entertainment of the meeting

Calling him a pain in the ass is being offensive. He adds greatly to the entertainment of the meeting

For some maybe, but for others, he takes away from the entertainment, but I guess it's just personal opinion

yes,,, and maybe a couple of hob-nobs, chocolate or plain ???

now that would make Peetabra look like nice employers ;)

Scorpions made your Diamonds look Ruff tonight. You had 2 fine guests but the rest of them the least said the better.

Scorpions made your Diamonds look Ruff tonight. You had 2 fine guests but the rest of them the least said the better.

correct,,, any news on Hopwood ?

Edited by ruffdiamond

Updates estimated a crowd of about 300. If anywhere near accurate that's shocking. Can't see them surviving on those sorts of figures. Shame

Edited by Shads

Updates estimated a crowd of about 300. If anywhere near accurate that's shocking. Can't see them surviving on those sorts of figures. Shame

Might have been a little more than that but not much (I was texting). Those who stayed away missed a treat.

Four or five cracking races before an absolute stormer in heat 15. Easily the best race I have seen anywhere this season as four riders went hammer and tongs for four laps.

Little wonder there was a bit of a clamour at the end to move meetings back to Friday night.

Douglas was brilliant and Bailey hugely impressive. A word, too, for Auty who deserved more than he got.

Newcastle - not for the first time this season - were disappointing and Worrall and Howarth aside offered little.

Rob Godfrey isn't always everyones cup of tea but it was good to see him enjoying himself tonight. His baiting of referees is just superb.

Three other points of interest : an insert programme..............at half price :approve: so no-one feels ripped off. Should be standard practice. The decision to exclude Howarth in heat 13 after he pulled a locker but did not fall, Auty laying down. Spot on. And the refusal to open the pit gate after an unsatisfactory start in heat 11. Bang on and also should be standard practice.

• Like 3