Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
james1234

Cardiff Gp Car Parking

I'm thinking of driving into Newport and catching the train into Cardiff for the GP does anyone else do this?

Same if you went to Bridgend and came into Cardiff from the west. We did that 2015

Probably easier that way as more trains available going westwards as opposed to east

Getting the train on the Friday and coming back Sunday from Swindon with suitcase on wheels going first class save the hassle of parking in Cardiff as staying two nights

Same if you went to Bridgend and came into Cardiff from the west. We did that 2015

Bit stupid to drive 20 minutes past Cardiff and have limited trains. At least stopping at Newport you're 20-30 closer to home and every train going to Cardiff passes through Newport.

TBH I'm not sure why you would park in Newport when you can park in Cardiff anyway.

Bit stupid to drive 20 minutes past Cardiff and have limited trains. At least stopping at Newport you're 20-30 closer to home and every train going to Cardiff passes through Newport.

We got a good b&b in Bridgend so it made complete sense getting a train from Bridgend, so not so stupid when you know more of the facts

• Like 1

I've never had any problems driving into and parking in Cardiff. Over the years we've used the park and ride (probably the worst option), parking at Cardiff station and in the various pay and displays. The only benefit of getting the train is if you're staying over.

We got a good b&b in Bridgend so it made complete sense getting a train from Bridgend, so not so stupid when you know more of the facts

You advised someone to drive past Cardiff to Bridgend to catch a train to Cardiff. That will never not be mad!

You advised someone to drive past Cardiff to Bridgend to catch a train to Cardiff. That will never not be mad!

But I dont know where the original poster is travelling from. If from my area, then travelling straight DOWN the middle of ways makes complete sense. Again, knowing all the facts is helpful.

Guest GiveusaB

I'm thinking of driving into Newport and catching the train into Cardiff for the GP does anyone else do this?

I stay in Newport (cheaper) and get the train in......only thing to bear in mind is that it's quite hectic getting a train back if you're intending to go straight away?

I find it's better to wait an hour or so after the meeting i.e go for a drink in the town etc......

I stay in Newport (cheaper) and get the train in......only thing to bear in mind is that it's quite hectic getting a train back if you're intending to go straight away?

I find it's better to wait an hour or so after the meeting i.e go for a drink in the town etc......

We have always stayed in Newport it's dead easy and pretty cheap getting train to Cardiff, we normally grab a bite to eat after speedway then get the train back.

Plenty of parking coming into Cardiff, even as close as half mile away from the stadium. The university opens as do other private places. Keep your eyes open and you'll find somewhere.

I've never had any problems driving into and parking in Cardiff. Over the years we've used the park and ride (probably the worst option), parking at Cardiff station and in the various pay and displays. The only benefit of getting the train is if you're staying over.

I agree park n ride is a poor option, especially when there are hundreds queuing for busses to get back to the football stadium.

Train is ok if you don't fancy driving, or want to drink. Easy there but have to change at Bristol Temple Meads en-route to Swindon on return. Normally around 100 Robins fans on train.

Will be parking in city centre this year.

Edited by beefy keefy

The park and ride is crap. A few years back I managed to get out of the meeting, walk home, shower and walk back into town and the queues were still huge.

May as well park in town, there's enough car parks and spaces. Just don't turn up at 4.30 trying to park!