British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dandelion

Swedish/polish/danish Leagues

How do they chose who rides for who and what limit the teams are? What are the team building rules in each league? I've tried looking around and I can't find anything...

Are there averages for each rider in these leagues? And if so, where can I find them, thanks...

Poland has no average limits. Teams require at least two Polish riders in the 1-5 and both reserves must be Polish U21 riders. Other than that there are no restrictions.

Sweden has a maximum team average, like the UK. Details on the rules can be found in the first post on this thread: http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=67537

Denmark grades all riders from A to D. There are various combinations of gradings allowed in a meeting, eg 1A 2B 1C and 1D is the most commonly used. Gradings for this season can be found here: http://metalspeedwayleague.dk/koerekategorisering.aspx

Edited by HenryW
  • Like 1

Poland has no average limits. Teams require at least two Polish riders in the 1-5 and both reserves must be Polish U21 riders. Other than that there are no restrictions.

Sweden has a maximum team average, like the UK. Details on the rules can be found in the first post on this thread: http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=67537

Denmark grades all riders from A to D. There are various combinations of gradings allowed in a meeting, eg 1A 2B 1C and 1D is the most commonly used. Gradings for this season can be found here: http://metalspeedwayleague.dk/koerekategorisering.aspx

Thanks for the information

So, what's stopping a Polish team going for Doyle, Woffinden, Dudek, Sayfutdinov, Janowski and the best u-21 riders (for example) other than money and rider loyalty? Won't that mean the teams with the most money will win? Like in football...

How come the Swedish averages are between 0.5 and 1 (so it seems) how is that worked out? And is there a list of all the averages for the Swedish leagues somewhere?

I like how Denmark do it :t:

Sorry for all the questions :P I just can't find anything anywhere...

So, what's stopping a Polish team going for Doyle, Woffinden, Dudek, Sayfutdinov, Janowski and the best u-21 riders (for example) other than money and rider loyalty? Won't that mean the teams with the most money will win? Like in football...

How come the Swedish averages are between 0.5 and 1 (so it seems) how is that worked out? And is there a list of all the averages for the Swedish leagues somewhere?

I like how Denmark do it :t:

Teams like Torun, Zielona Gora, Gorzow and in Sweden Vetlanda have all followed a course pretty close to this in recent years, with varying results. You can sign five GP riders but it doesn't mean they'll all perform. If you have a race with 4 GP riders someone has to come last.

Edited by Rob McCaffery
  • Like 1

Swedish averages,click on 'visa' by each team

http://www.svemo.se/sv/Grenar/Speedway/Elitserien2017/Aktuellasnitt/

• Like 1

Maximum possible that a rider can achieve on his own is 3.0 which is decided by points divided by heats. In come cases conversions between

Elitserien and Allsvenskan might result in an average that is higher then 3.0.

• Like 1

Forgot to mention that Swedish averages are per race, not a CMA (Calculated Match Average) based on four rides as here.

Edited by Rob McCaffery
  • Like 1

Thank you all for all the interesting information :t: Much appreciated

Because money doesn't ride? Many many times teams like Leszno, Toruń or Falubaz had built so called "Dream Teams" and still didn't win the league. I don't understand why other leagues have any limits. It's against sport to try to artificially even the teams. Maybe they lack decent riders? We don't.

Oh dear,not again........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handicapping

But there is handicapping in speedway and not just in league speedway.Even in the GP's and all competitions of a lower level.There are quotas for each country.In the GP's they try to balance things out so that no country dominates things.If there already happens to be 3 or 4 riders from one country in then a fellow countryman no matter how good isn't likely to get a wildcard.Think that is what happened to Hans Andersen one year when despite being one of the best riders didn't get a wild card.Also happens in ice speedway where they put a limit of 8 Russians in the GP series and after a few Years of the top 8 being Russians they dropped the limit to 5.So no matter if the best 20 riders in the world are Russian,only 5 can make it into the GP series

And the same goes for football where only a limited amount of teams from certain countries can enter the champions league or each continent has limits set on how many teams can reach the World Cup Finals,which means for Europe some strong teams don't make it,in favour of weaker teams from other continents.That is sport

• Like 1

Well if nothing else,yes we can agree that joker in SWC is terrible