Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow V Peterborough Cl Sat July 8th 2017 At 7pm

Interesting meeting coming up tomorrow night . Panthers the only team to give us a doing , so we want to repay the compliment . We should be at full strength , assuming Aaron comes through his wee bit of overtime tonight unscathed .

As for the Panthers , a fine win at Redcar last night keeps their faint play off hopes alive , but no Chris Harris tomorrow as he is away riding in some Mickey Mouse meeting in Poland I believe :P .

Our old friend Ben Barker stands in and he looks back to his best this season . Dunno if Ostergaard is riding tomorrow , as he missed Redcar last night , but they will come here full of confidence .

But it's more to do how we perform , and revenge for that blip we had down there should be enough of a spur to get us the three points and stay in touch with Edinburgh and Ipswich .

Potentially the best meeting of the season coming up. PB are on the up, Barker is on form, Starke is always good value at Ashfield and Liam Carr looks to be turning the corner. The weak link looks to be Ostergaard who i would expect to be r/r which strengthens PB and BWD is almost a season on from where he was with Somerset last year, so what he gets is anyones guess. Bring it on.

I think ully will be back, I can't see us picking up anything, 52-40 something like that

Seems to be a lot of sickness amongst riders this season.

Never known a season like it.

• Like 1

Potentially the best meeting of the season coming up. PB are on the up, Barker is on form, Starke is always good value at Ashfield and Liam Carr looks to be turning the corner. The weak link looks to be Ostergaard who i would expect to be r/r which strengthens PB and BWD is almost a season on from where he was with Somerset last year, so what he gets is anyones guess. Bring it on.

Though about attending but no Barker and R/r .Spoils an interesting meeting so not bother now.

Though about attending but no Barker and R/r .Spoils an interesting meeting so not bother now.

Can I ask - and I'm not having a go for not going - but why do you feel the need to tell everyone you are not going? Not saying it will affect anybody else's thinking but it just adds a negative to the minds of people reading this.

• Like 1

Can I ask - and I'm not having a go for not going - but why do you feel the need to tell everyone you are not going? Not saying it will affect anybody else's thinking but it just adds a negative to the minds of people reading this.

Very true , and since that was a Berwick fan that posted that statement , you would think he'd be watching his own side tonight anyway .

It's , of course , very disappointing that any scheduled rider is missing , but it happens and there's enough good riders in the Peterborough side tonight to make it a test for us and make it an entertaining encounter .

• Like 3

just pointing why I get put off such attractive meeting,it's a forum negitive comments are allowed .I certainly would not be put of by such comments.The sport is in decline and IMO these situations don't help it.Thats all.

Very true , and since that was a Berwick fan that posted that statement , you would think he'd be watching his own side tonight anyway .

It's , of course , very disappointing that any scheduled rider is missing , but it happens and there's enough good riders in the Peterborough side tonight to make it a test for us and make it an entertaining encounter .

I am a speedway fan nowadays,team speedway is a thing of the past.

[quote name="Paulco" post="2989119" timestamp="149

With Jack Holder probably taking 6 rides, you should get plenty of entertainment. He has been brilliant to watch this year.
  • Like 1

Seems like the old 'sickness bug' is in vogue these days. Either these riders are eating and/or drinking garbage, or its just the latest excuse in Speedway...

• Like 1

Aye they made them tougher back in the day . I remember Danny Bird riding at Glasgow one night , and throwing up in the pits ...................ok bad example :rofl:

• Like 3

Really hoping for a Panthers win

Not something normally heard on the Foxhall terraces :P