British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Beowulf

Wolves V Rye House 10th July

Really looking forward to this, I hope it's better than the last last TV meeting from the horror track though.

so according to you its a horror track but yet your looking forward to it? Kind of strange!

do us all a favour and bore off with the horror track garbage, its not funny and shows you on a very strange light..........or someone who is clueless at least

• Like 3

Nichols and Harris both good exponents of the Wolves track.

Now Kenneth has gone they are definitely stronger.

Could be close.... hope the racing is good and BT SPORTS are kept happy

It was last time

Just a few (there were lots more!) of the comments the last time the horror track was on tv. Just to point out that none of the comments are from Belle Vue fans.

Hoping we see a class (rather than crass) meeting tomorrow.

Yep so am i, no reason why it shouldnt be as it is a good racetrack that usually produces good racing.

Could be an interesting meeting for travelling Bees fans too with SIX ex Coventry riders on show for the rockets plus Rory for the Wolves.

Sadly I've never seen a good meeting from there (seen plenty in person and on TV and YouTube), the only 'good races' I've seen usually relies on someone wobbling off the inside.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow, the forecast is perfect for speedway so no excuses.

Well you need to go for an eye test

I would respectfully suggest.

• Like 3

Being as your the only one repeatedly calls it a horror track then i suspect it wont be littered with references to it being a horror track except from you.

I see the usual suspect is getting his one man argument about the Monmore track in early. The horror track that literally one person thinks is true.

Anyway away from the usual guff that comes out of its mouth (sadly to be trolled over and over on this thread) let's hope for a great crowd and the usual high standard sensible people expect from a great race track.

No doubt BT will love being at Monmore as much as SKY did.

Robbo is an expert at existing bend 4 on the kerb.

In his first spell at Rye he regularly used to do the same exiting bend two, was a thing of beauty.

Sadly I've never seen a good meeting from there (seen plenty in person and on TV and YouTube), the only 'good races' I've seen usually relies on someone wobbling off the inside.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow, the forecast is perfect for speedway so no excuses.[/quote

I have been to many excellent meetings at Monmore most tracks have some poor meetings now and again Poole's last meeting wasn't great mainly due to the bumpy track,sometimes the warm weather can cause problems with the track.

• Like 1

People must understand that in the mind of the Flange that speedway must only be ridden on huge big fast tracks where you just wind the throttle on and go fast and hang on.

The skills of riding the tight technical tracks is a far harder thing to master. Mark Loram sensational at Bradford but class at Wolves and Lakeside.

Look how Darcy Ward used to ride Lakeside! Genuis.

Sure on smaller tricks the younger riders and those who dont realise the throttle goes both ways will struggle.

Tricky track - yes

Horror track?? Guess you dont watch much speedway

• Like 6

People must understand that in the mind of the Flange that speedway must only be ridden on huge big fast tracks where you just wind the throttle on and go fast and hang on.

The skills of riding the tight technical tracks is a far harder thing to master. Mark Loram sensational at Bradford but class at Wolves and Lakeside.

Look how Darcy Ward used to ride Lakeside! Genuis.

Sure on smaller tricks the younger riders and those who dont realise the throttle goes both ways will struggle.

Tricky track - yes

Horror track?? Guess you dont watch much speedway

It's not like anyone is listening to the usual suspect. I'm expecting to read post after post saying the same later. You just have to pity the sensible posters who have to read that repetitive nonsense.

• Like 2

Its easy to dismiss one person's opinion but when several different people post the same opinion maybe they have a point?

Looking at the thread of last tv meeting from the horror track the negative comments compared to positive comments from neutral fans is in a ratio of around 10:1!

I think its a bit sad expecting the same thing to happen again, you should look on the bright side for a change.

You may be right for once but I really hope you are wrong again and it's a great meeting. There may be 'newbies' who saw the SWC and will either be watching UK speedway on TV for the first time or even going in person, hoping like me, to see more of the same.

Let's hope we're not disappointed again.

You talk such a load of crap

Please define horror track??

Do you mean its scary?

Is it tricky? Yes but hardly constitutes the use of the word horror.

I would imagine the people who watched the SWC from Kings Lynn on that big fast track will be keen to actually see some racing.

So in your opinion all tracks should be big, wide and fast.

Robbo is an expert at existing bend 4 on the kerb.

If he does the same for bends 1,2 & 3 I think he'll win.

Go Robbo!

Rob Branford ruled out tonight through injury. Danny Ayres guests which appears strengthen the Rockets

Anyone know how Rob Branford picked up his injury the only info on the Rye site says he has a shoulder injury.